Forum - bugs and errors

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, because this seems to be a bigger problem for me and difficult to explain, I post this here. Is this the forum problem or is this user just too... simple minded? :rolleyes:

I could download pictures from my computer just fine earlier. Now my problem is this: I use "insert image" function, select a picture from my computer and download it. Everything seems to be fine at this point. Picture is visible in my sketch post. Then I click "post quick reply" and bang, the picture turns into link after my post is... posted. Like you can see here:

View attachment 62081

Then I try to add IMG tags around that link and this happens:

Then I remove URL part from that nonsense and add IMG tags to that link. Happens this:

If I now enter "edit post" mode, I can see the picture instead of that link.

When I downloaded this same picture to my profile album, there was no problems. Picture is fine and visible. And like I said, I had no problems with "insert image" earlier. Since then happened "The Great Forum Update" (new community thingy), Win 10 moved into my computer and came the "check mark" thingy to that window when you insert image from web page. Somewhere in between started this picture problem of mine.

I don't have any problems with adding pictures from internet.

Any help would be appreciated :doc:

Attachments

• The Skellige Isles.jpg
    The Skellige Isles.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Hmmm ... interesting. I haven't noticed an issue with this - let's do a test.

View attachment 62261

Fascinating. You are not alone.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 200.jpg
    200.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Hi. I have an issue. I cant share screenshots via attachments. When I try upload the image to attachmets it looks blank. When I try to open it in new page, page is white blank too. few days ago it worked perfectly. Same problem with my older uploaded images. Cant share any of them. I tried use external site for uploading and took link from there it worked.

This issue has been reported for investigation. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Thanks. Its interesting. Some times it works but sometimes don't. And all screenshot links in STLM 2.2 thread is broken now too. Yesterday it worked. Not only me but other forum members can't see them too. Hope it will fix soon too. :)

Hello,

with Modzilla Firefox 43.0.1 and all temps, cookies, cache etc cleared with firefox himself and ccleaner (so it does not due to my computer) I have today problems with your search-function. Because today I get every time and in every menue/thread a white board instead of results, when I use your search-function. Please fix it.

I have today problems with your search-function. Because today I get every time and in every menue/thread a white board instead of results, when I use your search-function.
The issue has been noted, reported, and, hopefully, can be fixed soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yep, same, still. Been happening for eons. Every time i go into the age restricted ones, it asks me for my age. Every single time always. Partly why i hardly ever post.

Happening with both Firefox and Internet Explorer. Both updated to most recent version.

Could it have something to do with your browser settings? I only have to do that once I have cleaned every possible history from my browser or run CCleaner.

Could it have something to do with your browser settings? I only have to do that once I have cleaned every possible history from my browser or run CCleaner.

I have my browser forget history on exit, and i run CCleaner every now and then. I really don't want to change it to remember history. Sadly, this is the only site/forum that does this for me.
But for the sake of experimenting, i will change the setting now and report back.

EDIT - ok, so after some testing, here's what I found. You are indeed correct, Firefox will make me confirm my age when I have it set to forget history. When I changed it to remember, after logging in, and confirming my age, I closed it, and the next time I logged in, it went straight into the Witcher forum. Though after changing it again, it was back to confirming my age.

I also have Internet Explorer, and it too is set to forget on exit. After changing it to remember, it was the same as Firefox. I then decided to go back to forgetting history on exit, and played around with the advanced cookie settings, and got it prompt me on every single one, and added those to 'always allow'.
When I reopened this time, the forum page knew who I was. I got the window with your name, instead of confirming I'm not a robot. I signed in, clicked on the Witcher page, and it went right in. I logged out and changed back the cookie settings to accept, and closed IE.
Opened it again, bought up the forum home page. Again it bought up the window with my user name, and I was able to sign in and go to the Witcher page without confirming my age.

We'll see what happens next time, lol.

EDIT - well today, IE is asking me for my age again. So I have no idea anymore what's going on. I haven't touched anything since yesterday when all was fine.

Last edited:
Pls change the white background to something that doesnt blind me like a flashlight . ;/

Edit : ok nvm there is a option for a darker background^^

Last edited:
on the bottom of each page you can choose language & switch between hearts of stone & blood and wine look ... the baw one has a dark skin...

No offence, but this forum has been completely messed up by the formatting. Search results don't work whatsoever, searching within threads doesn't work either, and the amount of pages for threads has been changed as well. This means that going to a thread via google takes you to the first page because the original page no longer exists.

It's all a mess to be honest, and it's really bad for people that want to look for a particular thing.

Another major bug: Forum shows all messages in the thread if "number of posts" on the page is set to default. It causes huge threads to hang forever. Setting it to explicit number works around it.

--- Updated 02-11-16, 20:42 ---

Testing code:

Code:
echo "Hello, World!"

Hello, World!

At least that works now.

--- Updated 02-11-16, 20:55 ---

Also, please add "Community" to the list of forums in the menu on top.

Last edited:
Found an issue. No thread is longer than 34 pages.

The Hairy Bear, Game Journalism Unfit For Purpose, General Video Game Thread. All only 34 pages long despite having thousands of posts.

Phinnway;n6872380 said:
Found an issue. No thread is longer than 34 pages.
The Hairy Bear, Game Journalism Unfit For Purpose, General Video Game Thread. All only 34 pages long despite having thousands of posts.

I have a lot of pages in The Hairy Bear. My stetting is 40 posts per page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom