Forum suggestions, bugs, questions and opinions

+
Yes but that only displays what topic I am currently viewing. What I mean is this function on the Witcher forums that displays all your posts and threads in a chronological order and let’s you easily check which of the topics (across the subboards) in which you participated have been replied to. Should I link to what I mean?

Go to your profile (or anyone's), there is "My activity" Tab, below it change to "person's nick" ("Demut" for example) tab, and there are all posts written by this person here :)

So I was having some problems registering a couple days ago. I was repeatedly told to use my Witcher 2 account, even though I don't have one or any other CDPR related account.
I finally got it today, and I think it has to do with special symbols. I originally tried to use the name "|Jeremytroid|" (no quotes) and that's when issues occurred. I don't believe it's ever stated that special symbols are not allowed, and even then it doesn't inform you that they're an issue when trying to submit the name.

Go to your profile (or anyone's), there is "My activity" Tab, below it change to "person's nick" ("Demut" for example) tab, and there are all posts written by this person here :)
I know what you mean but that isn’t the same. For one thing, it isn’t ordered by its “recentnesss”. I’ll just show you what I mean: Here you can view a list of your most recent post with those that have been replied to recently being at the top! This is what I would like to see in this forum as well.

I don’t just wanna see what I posted recently but what was threads that I posted in were replied to recently!

Hey Projekt RED,

Could you edit your forum rules to reflect the fact that we aren't allowed to use custom colors to post (or at least to colorize our entire posts), since when that tool is available on these forums, and your forum rules say nothing about us not being allowed to use it, it's very confusing when your moderators send PM's to us telling us not to do that.

Also, I'm sure it would be easier on your moderators, so they won't have to send PM's constantly to newcomers for the next three or more years.

In addition to stating no custom colors are to be used, could you be specific about the other BBCode and editor features, such as font and whatnot, so we can be sure we're allowed to post the way we think we are. It's somewhat frustrating to be told not to do something when you've been doing nothing that is against the written rules.

Just a thought. Thanks.

I know what you mean but that isn’t the same. For one thing, it isn’t ordered by its “recentnesss”. I’ll just show you what I mean: Here you can view a list of your most recent post with those that have been replied to recently being at the top! This is what I would like to see in this forum as well.

I don’t just wanna see what I posted recently but what was threads that I posted in were replied to recently!
Maybe subscriptions to the threads is what you want. your profile>Settings>General Settings>Subscriptions

But that is unnecessarily convoluted, Tommy. I linked to the feature of the Witcher forums that I am talking about. Why can’t we have that :< ?

Good idea. I would also like a word on signature rules. I’ve already asked a mod about this but he hasn’t replied yet.

Hello.

Thanks for your input.

I'm afraid putting every scenario in our rules would make them unnecessarily long and complicated, so we dediced to use system, that was doing fine on The Witcher forum. General regulations with some widly accepted principles of on-line discussions.

We didn't want to turn off font or color change, because sometimes it's usefull to emphasize few words of even sentences. But coloring every your post it's an abuse of this feature and makes reading them uncomfortable. As far as I know, you were politely asked to stop doing it, without any consequences. Personally I don't see any problem here.

Best regards,

Well, do you have a line like “Please avoid making your posts hard to read by excessively using BBCode and the like” in the rules? If not then that should be added. And don’t say “But this is obvious!”. So is not posting racist or otherwise hateful messages and yet you mention that as well.

Hello.

Thanks for your input.

I'm afraid putting every scenario in our rules would make them unnecessarily long and complicated, so we dediced to use system, that was doing fine on The Witcher forum. General regulations with some widly accepted principles of on-line discussions.

We didn't want to turn off font or color change, because sometimes it's usefull to emphasize few words of even sentences. But coloring every your post it's an abuse of this feature and makes reading them uncomfortable. As far as I know, you were politely asked to stop doing it, without any consequences. Personally I don't see any problem here.

Best regards,

Well, the problem wasn't yours, so you not seeing it isn't surprising. There's no problem though. I just thought having grey text on greenish-grey background was very ineligible and without contrast, so since the coloring of text was enabled, and rules said not a word about it, I thought I'd make my text a bit easier to read. Which to me it was, on my home computer, on my work computer, and even on my friend's laptop, so I'm not sure it was a case of brightness settings.

I also thought, since the whole site is bit of a neon glow rainbow circus as far as color goes, that using color was kosher, and since I'm one of the many people who have never even heard about Witcher or Projekt RED before this and who are here pretty much solely because of Cyberpunk, and who have definitely never used Witcher's forums, I was wholly unaware of any generally accepted rules from there.

I just thought it might be good to have like two or three sentences on these generally accepted rules for people who don't know them.

No matter, my bad. I've edited my posts and removed the color. Read you loud and clear. Cheers.

I just thought it might be good to have like two or three sentences on these generally accepted rules for people who don't know them.

We didn't think it could cause problems, but in this case we'll consider changing it. Thanks for your opinion :)

[Suggestions]

Firstly can we not have a seperate place for forum bugs, questions etc having it as one thread can and no doubt will get a little messy how are you supposed to keep on top of the bugs and indeed suggestions, if you have to go through a shit ton of posts first.

Secondly can you activate tapatalk on these forums please, im not always at pc and would be nice to keep an eye out on my phone :)

http://www.tapatalk.com

Thanks

Hello, goldenragonuk. It may look messy, but I'm collecting all bugs reports and suggestions from here, and from the polish side, up to date, se we have a complete list of what to do :)

I'm not sure about tapatalk, but I'll ask around :)

tapatalk is used on many vbulletin forums which I have seen, that would be a good addition.

And also would be great to have some more mods, can't have the witcher ladies and Tommy work double time here right? :D

Is there something I've doing wrong here? Because I can't seem to avoid having to log back in every few minutes no matter what options of "Remember me" and such I activate...

We're trying to get the mobile version optimised better, but bugs here have priority :)

Top Bottom