Forum suggestions, bugs, questions and opinions

+

adaltis

Has there ever been any thought to implementing a sort of upvote system for the community to send in ideas to be added to the game and for the community itself to judge them? (Kind of like Reddit)

The up-vote system would be awesome...AS long as there is no possibility of getting negative votes and staying at ZERO if down-voted. We all want to avoid trolls -_-

Forum veteran
Going to go ahead and be a dissenting opinion on the subject of an "upvote" system for people's ideas. Not every great idea is capable of garnering a ton of support, while Bioware's forums have proven time and time again that even horrible ideas can somehow manage obscene amounts of support. I'd want you guys to be able to see something and be like, "Hey, that's a good idea and would work perfectly with what we have thus far," without having to worry about someone eventually bitching about the fact that it got implemented before their popular "everyone can get pregnant" (or something equivalently inane) idea.

In fact, both upvoting and downvoting in general seem to create drama, like in arguments when one person's posts are always upvoted and the other person gets all butthurt about it. I've yet to see a single instance where upvoting or downvoting have contributed anything but bad blood to a forum, and I hope both stay far, far away from this forum.

I don't like the karma system either.

Have you considered something like the "orens" system from old version of the Witcher forums, if we need such system in place at all?

Is there a possibility to increase the post limit per thread from 10 to 20? It get's kinda annoying having to do so much "page searching" to find a particular post.

Forum veteran
Is there a possibility to increase the post limit per thread from 10 to 20? It get's kinda annoying having to do so much "page searching" to find a particular post.
Did you try Settings -> General Settings -> "Number of posts to show per page"? There's an option to change it to 20.

So I take it that the feature from the Witcher forums which I described earlier doesn’t have a counterpart here? Too bad. Then my next question would be why you changed the forum software in the first place. Are you unsatisfied with the one that the Witcher forums use? Should we expect a switch for those to this one as well?

All I can say is that we'll make every effort to improve the user experience with the TW Forum too.

Is there a possibility to edit the title of thread posted? Would be easier so if the OP wants to edit it if they made a grammar error, or simply to keep it updated (like if there is anything new in the thread posted at a specific date or similar).

Pardon the double post but I’ve encountered a problem regarding my signature. For some reason it won’t let me embed an image. According to MM360 using an image in your signature is fine (provided the regular limitations, of course) so why is this option missing here?

Having breadcrumbs at the bottom of the page would be nice. Instead of clicking "top" to get to the breadcrumbs and from there to the parent forum of the thread or the forum you're in, you could do it at the end of the page.

Well, it's just a suggestion.

EDIT:This is what I mean, an example from MMOC: http://i.imgur.com/IifFL.jpg

The breadcrumbs have been added below the "reply to thread" -button.

Pardon the double post but I’ve encountered a problem regarding my signature. For some reason it won’t let me embed an image. According to MM360 using an image in your signature is fine (provided the regular limitations, of course) so why is this option missing here?

When you go to Settings > Signature, in the lower part there you will find the upload function. You need to upload your signature picture. Then you can use the button to add it to the editbox, or you can add it yourself by using the [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -tags.

I tried to use an external image as my signature pic and it didn't work, but uploading one does.

Just increased the limit of posts and videos per post.

Right now it i's 15 images per post and 5 videos per post.

The Witcher board will soon grow pale in comparison to Afterlife :p

Joking aside, appreciate the amount of work you all are putting into the well-being of this forum.

The Witcher board will soon grow pale in comparison to Afterlife :p

Joking aside, appreciate the amount of work you all are putting into the well-being of this forum.

Thank you! We do what we can. And in regards to The Witcher forums, I promise that we will do something about it in the future as well:)

Top Bottom