Forum suggestions, bugs, questions and opinions

+
I would liked to make a suggestion based on the the ways things work on polish forum. How about creating a separate sticky thread for links to Cyberpunk related videos and articles only, then have a separate thread for discussing it's content? As things stand right now, searching for the old links through the closed discussion and news threads is a real pain in the backside. I believe that format would make things much more convenient, especially in the future when the more news will inevitably arrive on a massive scale.

Last edited:
I presume someone notice this already but... why the avatars are not displaying on profile page? The thumbnails display perfectly fine when you post but when you go to your profile its blank with default toon person as your avatar.

... or is it just me?

wisielec;n10579162 said:
I presume someone notice this already but... why the avatars are not displaying on profile page? The thumbnails display perfectly fine when you post but when you go to your profile its blank with default toon person as your avatar.

... or is it just me?

It's not just you.

Problems?
I can literally get up, go grab a cup of coffee, and come back between the time I hit "Post Reply" and anything happens, even then I get "Server Abort" half the time.

Suhiira;n10779771 said:
Problems?
I can literally get up, go grab a cup of coffee, and come back between the time I hit "Post Reply" and anything happens, even then I get "Server Abort" half the time.

Aye. This is happening more and more after the forum reorganization.

I'm not getting "Server Abort," but Post Reply is taking WAY longer than normal.

EDIT: Just timed how long it took to post this reply... 36 seconds. Oddly, edits are instant, as usual.

Snowflakez;n10779861 said:
Aye. This is happening more and more after the forum reorganization.
"After" the forum reorganization is not quite accurate. More like "during." There are like 30,000 threads over on TW series side that have to be moved. The ole girl is doing a lot of processing. Things should be back to normal once we're done.

Last edited:
Am I going crazy or did the name of this forum change again? It was "GENERAL," now it's "GENERAL_CP."

I assume the reorg is still going on, which is fine, but just wanted to clear this up.

The first thing an outsider will feel when seeing General_CP or Story_CP is confusion. Most outsiders won't associate CP with cyberpunk that quickly. And "Story" is very ambigous is it Cyberpunk 2020 story, oh it might also be Cyberpunk 2077 story (considering that the game is already out by then).

You guys might make things simpler with the objective of making it easier for outsiders to understand stuff around here, but it may have the opposite effect.

Also, when someone who never visited here sees 3 subforums, it's hard to know quickly wich one is the popular subforum.

Things should instead be like this, when someone clicks on "Cyberpunk 2077 Forums" he/she should instantly see this:

Then if you wanted to see the News Subforum or the Cyberpunk 2020 one, people would have the option to change it by clicking on the top of the page, by doing so, the theme would stay the same but the art and logo (where the CP2077 woman currently is) would change.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10799051 said:
The first thing an outsider will feel when seeing General_CP or Story_CP is confusion. Most outsiders won't associate CP with cyberpunk that quickly. And "Story" is very ambigous is it Cyberpunk 2020 story, oh it might also be Cyberpunk 2077 story (considering that the game is already out by then).

I would suggest swapping story for the term "lore." a story can still be in progress or speculative in nature, whereas lore refers to things which have already transpired. It also has a bit of ambiguity to it, history is the official account of past events while lore evokes more of an oral tradition that's been passed down and embellished along the way.

or just rip off starwars and call it "Cyberpunk Legends"

The first thing an outsider will feel when seeing General_CP or Story_CP is confusion.
Agreed. It's temporary.
And "Story" is very ambigous is it Cyberpunk 2020 story, oh it might also be Cyberpunk 2077 story (considering that the game is already out by then).
It's anything related to story (both CP 2020 and CP 2077). We found that in TW3 forums things were a bit over-categorized, making it hard to find which sub-forum to post stuff in for newer users ... so we've made them more general for now.
Things should instead be like this, when someone clicks on "Cyberpunk 2077 Forums" he/she should instantly see this:
There are ... plans. The reorganization is not the end result. Only one step in a larger process. Having said that, the reorganization is done as far as moving threads ... so the forum should be back to normal speed. YAY!
eraser7278;n10799891 said:
I would suggest swapping story for the term "lore."
I'll pass this suggestion on.

Top Bottom