Forum suggestions, bugs, questions and opinions

+
Mine also had it automated... but it still asked me to log in every single time. XD

Not anymore though, so hurray for that... which probably means that I will have forgoten my password for the next time I will need to log in... due to that I am going to change it now at the suggestion from the post in the news catagory. XD

Forums having "issues" again?

Not seeing the yellow highlighting for threads with recent posts and I can't seem to "dismiss" messages.
I.E. someone quoted me in a post and I can neither "dismiss" the message nor does it go away when I go to the topic and read the post in question.

Forum veteran
Does this place actually have moderation anymore? Spam has been just sitting around inside of threads. It goes like this: new users sign up, post a few low effort responses in random threads that seem vaguely on-topic to throw off the trail, then link out to a flash gaming site or product and disappear forever. Not exactly rocket science, and yet it's left unaddressed. For two days. For ten days.

There's probably more out there.

227;n8385820 said:
Does this place actually have moderation anymore? Spam has been just sitting around inside of threads. It goes like this: new users sign up, post a few low effort responses in random threads that seem vaguely on-topic to throw off the trail, then link out to a flash gaming site or product and disappear forever. Not exactly rocket science, and yet it's left unaddressed. For two days. For ten days.

There's probably more out there.

A) Oh, your passive-aggressive crap, Number 2. If you -see- spam, report it. Lot of threads. There's, what, 6 of us? Report. It. If you're bored, go find more, report it, too.

B) We wipe a -lot- of spam. 47 pages in one go is the largest amount, 2 hours spent hunting is the most time, if I recall correctly. So, yes.

C) Antispam measures are being tried, rejected and tried again. Spam kids are clever. We don't want to accidentally bounce actual humans or IPs linked to actual humans or really, anyone but you, Two.

Zagor-Te-Nay;n8437520 said:
Seems the forum's gone bonkers..weird layout. Also it says animalfather is the new moderator? :p

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ohgod that'd be HIL arious! This, THIS is why I don't have admin.

Servers undergoing repair. Should be better...eventually? Now? Now.

Are we fixed yet?

Later addition ...

Apparently not totally ... I have a notification in my "Inbox Preview" about a private message I deleted days ago.

Last edited:
Suhiira;n8438130 said:
Apparently not totally ... I have a notification in my "Inbox Preview" about a private message I deleted days ago.

Is it still there? If so, try running CCleaner or clear your browser history or something of that sort. Log out and back in?

animalfather;n8459360 said:
why does this site go down all the time? been doing that all last week and just now.

Nah, we're just screwing with you. Everyone else is JUST FINE. Honest. No, really. NOTHING TO SEE HE...<blip>

BjornTheBandit;n8553160 said:
The system doesn't seem to want me to subscribe to any threads, is it just because I'm so new?
Once you get to ten posts, all options should become available. The restrictions are one of our anti-spambot measures.

BjornTheBandit;n8554030 said:
Ah, ok! Thanks for clearing that up! I'm looking forward to being part of a forum community again, it's been some years...
No problem. If it still doesn't work after ten let me know because that would mean it's some sort of bug most likely.

Hello. The problem, i'm having, isn't related to the forum, but to the blog. I can't open it. When i click to enter the blog, i see a messsage "error establishing a database connection".

roman211;n8554790 said:
Hello. The problem, i'm having, isn't related to the forum, but to the blog. I can't open it. When i click to enter the blog, i see a messsage "error establishing a database connection".

Passing on.

Top Bottom