Forum suggestions, bugs, questions and opinions

+
Not sure if someone made this suggestion before or if is technically possible, but due to the high volume of conversations it's impossible to keep track of the conversations we're in.

It would be great (not sure if possible) if when you enter into your "recent posts" section in your profile, the link to a conversation sent you to your last comment in this thread (I mean the page of the thread where your last post is), this way we could review everything from where we left it, instead of surfing through the pages trying to find what was the last thing I read about this thread last time I visited this forum.

Now someone smarter than me will tell me that this is currently possible and I'll look like an idiot haha

Just a suggestion :) and thanks.

Sorry for the long post... I could probably have done this much simpler... with visual help like screenshots and what not... but I ended up doing it this way... XD

I hope it is atleast understandable... XD

MadqueenShow;n8564560 said:
Not sure if someone made this suggestion before or if is technically possible, but due to the high volume of conversations it's impossible to keep track of the conversations we're in.

It would be great (not sure if possible) if when you enter into your "recent posts" section in your profile, the link to a conversation sent you to your last comment in this thread (I mean the page of the thread where your last post is), this way we could review everything from where we left it, instead of surfing through the pages trying to find what was the last thing I read about this thread last time I visited this forum.

Now someone smarter than me will tell me that this is currently possible and I'll look like an idiot haha

Just a suggestion :) and thanks.

This actually already exist.... maybe not exactly as you want though, since it's not inside your "recent posts" section.

Although... you might already know what I am about to say below, and if so then sorry for repeating something you already know... but I will explain how it works anyway, just in case, and for others benefit as well.

- - -

First - When your on the main page of the forum (where your have the option for sub-forums, which currently are "News", "Cyberpunk 2077 Discussion", "Mike Pondsmith's Cyberpunk®", and "Fan Art") you can see if there are new posts in each of those main threads based on the small circle to the left of the main threads name.

There are two icons.

1st icon: A yellow ring which is empty inside = no unread posts in this thread.

2nd icon: A yellow ring which has a yellow lightning across it = there are unread posts inside it.

As a sidenote, just below the last main thread, in the middle, you can find the text "Mark Channels Read"... pressing that will do just that for everything (including inside the sub-forums).

- - -

Second - When you are inside one of the sub-forums (let's say it is the "Cyberpunk 2077 Discussion" just for the sake of it, but it works the same in each sub-forum) there are some several ways the page shows you info about each individual thead.

One of these is that each threads name will be a different colour based on if there are undread posts or not. If the threads name is in yellow, then it is a new thread entirely, and/or there are new posts in the thread, which you have not read yet. If the text is light blue'ish, then you have already read all available new posts in said thread. Pressing the name, no matter the colour, will as we all know take you to the first post in the thread.

There are also 5 different icons (in 3 different locations), as far as I can tell as well.

Icon location 1: furthest to the left of each thread post.

1st icon: A yellow ring which is empty inside = no unread posts in this thread.
So exactly the same as the one for the main thread page, but on top of that it also means that you have not posted any posts in this thread. The threads name will also be in the blue'ish colour, which as mentioned indicated no new posts.

2nd icon: A yellow ring which has a yellow lightning across it = there are unread posts inside it.
So, again, exactly the same as the one for the main thread page, but on top of that it also means that you have not posted any posts inside this thread. The threads name will be yellow, which as mentions also indicated that there are new posts inside it.

3rd icon: A yellow ring which has a single yellow left pointing arrow inside it = you have posted messages inside this thread.
And if you place your mouse cursor on the icon it will tell you how many posts you have posted, and when the last one was. However... this icon does not take into account if there are new posts or not in the thread... so as long as you have posted something inside a thread this icon will always be shown no matter if there are new posts or not. At this point you have to look at the colour of the threads name to see if there are new posts or not (so as mentioned yellow text = yes, and blue'ish text = no)... but you can also look for the 4th icon that I will mention below.

Icon location 2: inbetween the threads name and the icon furthest to the left.

4th icon: a yellow circle with two downward pointing arrows inside it = if you press this you will be taken to the first of your unread posts inside this thread.
This icon will only ever apear if there are new posts which you have not read yet in the thread... so if you do not see this icon there are no new posts in the thread.

Icon location 3: furthest to the right where you see who the last person was to post inside each thread (after the date and time).

5th icon: a yellow rectangle with two right pointing arrows inside it = if you press this icon you will be taken to the last posts of the thread.
This icon will always be there no matter if there are new posts or not in the thread.

- - -

Something to keep in mind. No matter how you enter a thread (be it by pressing the threads name, or pressing the yellow cirle with the two downward arrows, or by pressing the yellow rectangle with the two right pointing arrows, or any other way from anywhere else)... and even if you went to a page where the new posts where not in, no matter if you actually read the lasts posts or not... the thread will automatically be considered to have been read (so the text will be blue, and either icon 1 or 3 will be shown (depending on if you have posted in it or not), and icon 4 will not be shown anymore either).

Actually, MadqueenShow, I just found something which is fairly close to what you are asking for. I should have looked around a little bit more befor I posted my previous post... because I found this like a minut after I posted my previous post... XD

At the top of the page where you see your own name and such... where you find the "My Recent Posts" link if you mouse over your name... if you instead press on "My Profile", and when you get there make sure you are in the "Activities" tab (which it should be in by default)... then you will find a list of your activities, which of course includes your posts (actually, it only seems to be posts).

In each entry you will find the text "See more" (which shows your entire post if you press it) and "Go to post". If you press "Go to post" you will be sent to the exact location of that post in that particular thread.

On that page you will also find a "Filter" icon up towards the right, where you can set the filters for what is shown.

At the bottom of the list of your activities you can also find the text "Show More" (though it only shows up if there has been enough activities listed made in the set peramiters of the filter system), which of course does just as it says if you press it. It looks though as you can only press "Show More" a few times befor it goes away permanently. I could for example only get back to December 2016 for my activities... so I guess it is either time based (6 months or so)... or it is limited and only shows you a maximum numbers at most.

To find more I guess you have to use the forums advanced search mechanics.

Last edited:
roman211;n8554790 said:
Hello. The problem, i'm having, isn't related to the forum, but to the blog. I can't open it. When i click to enter the blog, i see a messsage "error establishing a database connection".

It should be fixed now. Could you check and confirm, please?

Calistarius;n8567120 said:
Actually, MadqueenShow, I just found something which is fairly close to what you are asking for. I should have looked around a little bit more befor I posted my previous post... because I found this like a minut after I posted my previous post... XD

Thanks! I was trying to do it someplace else, as you explained in the previous post, I suppouse I should investigate more as this forum is so complete!

This may have come up before but even if it has, I'd like to second the motion; could you please add a breadcrumbs div at the bottom of the forums, as well? The "go to top" link is fun and all, but I'd rather just do a page load from where I am, instead of scrolling the page back up.

I'm sure you can do a core hack if this is an existing software and it doesn't have the option. Just add a #bcbottom or something, or change the #breadcrumbs into a class, and call that div after the forum body. Would be quality of life plus plus.

Eltyris;n9019810 said:
Quick and dumb ass question, if it goes here...how do you put users on ignore?

When you go to your Settings -> Account, at the bottom of the page is Ignore List.

Last edited:
Mobile login seems to be malfunctioning again. The email and password fields just reset back to empty when pressing [log in now] and nothing else happens.

For some reason I can't login to the forums while using other computer but the one I'm using right now.

I type the email, then the password, the box message disappears as if I sussceded my login, but I didn't. The screen gets blocked and grey, then nothing happens. I waited 30 minutes and tried login multiple times. Didn't work.

I can login in gog but not in the forums. This problem started today.

-------------------------------------- SOLVED -----------------------------------------------
thanks guys

Last edited:
kofeiiniturpa;n9057820 said:
Mobile login seems to be malfunctioning again. The email and password fields just reset back to empty when pressing [log in now] and nothing else happens.

Enable third party cookies in your browser. It might do the trick.

Sardukhar;n9203231 said:
Enable third party cookies in your browser. It might do the trick.

I don't if it was exactly that, what I did (something to do with cookie allowance still), but it worked for now. Thanks.

I don't know why... but the "News" sub-forum's icon keeps claiming there are new unread posts in it... but there close to never is. And I do tend to check the dates on each of the topics in the News sub-forum to see if there has been a recent post, and occationally go into each of the topics... but like I said, it is very rare that there actually is a new posts in it.

It is possible to make the News sub-forums icon show that there are no new posts, by using the "Mark Channels Read" thing at the bottom of the main forum page (where you have the News, Cyberpunk 2077 Discussion, Mike Pondsmith's Cyberpunk®, and Fan Art threads to choice from)... or by going into the News thread and open up one, or several, of the topics in there (where there are no new posts in them at all) untill the News thread icon turns into showing that there are no new unread posts. Strange thing is that the "Mark this channel read" that you can find under the "Moderation" part in the upper right corner of each sub-forum, does not work in the News sub-forum to "remove" the "new unread posts" icon for the News thread... it does how ever work in the three other sub-forums from as far as I can remember (I just tried it for the Cyberpunk 2077 Discussion thread, where the icon did change for the thread once I had used it), it just dues not seem to work in/for the News thread (atleast when there are no actual new posts in the thread atleast... never used it when there has been new posts in the News thread, so don't know if it might only be due to that there are no new posts in it that it does not work).

But eventually, and I don't know how frequently this happens (could be each day, each week, or something), the News threads icon will once again turn back to showing that there are new and unread posts in it. I have never seen this happen with any of the other threads... but then again, the other threads tend to have a lot more people in there writing... and I don't visit the Mike Pondsmith's Cyberpunk® and Fan Art threads all that often (occationally I will mark all channels read without ever visiting those two threads)... so there is a chance that this might be happening with these three other threads as well. But for now, I have only ever seen it happen with the News thread, and it is something which I have seen happen for probably a few years by now as well (maybe even since I first joined the forum, not compleatly sure when I first noticed it)... it has just taken me this long to finally get to actually mention it (it does not bother me all that much really, and it usually only takes a few seconds to check if there actually are any new posts in there or not after all). XD

qOjOp;n10223332 said:
Hi, can we please have signature back?.........
You can add a signature in User Settings: Account: Conversation Detail Options. It's a bit out-of-the-way, but you'll find it marked as Edit Post Signature.

Riven-Twain;n10223882 said:
You can add a signature in User Settings: Account: Conversation Detail Options. It's a bit out-of-the-way, but you'll find it marked as Edit Post Signature.

Thanks Riven. Appreciate it much. I tried to upload my sig to the server but failed...file not valid. I guess animated gif sig is not allowed. it's cool though. I'll just paste my sig on threads like I did already. Thanks again.

Last edited:
qOjOp;n10225972 said:
I tried to upload my sig to the server but failed...file not valid. I guess animated gif sig is not allowed.
Hmm. They are allowed, so I looked into this. . . a bit of sorcery, and there you go.

In order to add a .gif to a signature, simply copy and paste the image itself -- not the URL -- from the source directly into the Edit Post Signature text box. Don't bother trying any of the editor image or link tabs, since these can be misleading in the case of .gifs. This should work in most cases.

Last edited:
Riven-Twain;n10229052 said:
Hmm. They are allowed, so I looked into this. . . a bit of sorcery, and there you go.

In order to add a .gif to a signature, simply copy and paste the image itself -- not the URL -- from the source directly into the Edit Post Signature text box. Don't bother trying any of the editor image or link tabs, since these can be misleading in the case of .gifs. This should work in most cases.

Thanks Riven...
Okie, simply copy and paste... got it...

Top Bottom