Forums are abandoned!

+
Also...play GTA V on PC ....it's the best,or at least the most detailed open world/sandbox game ever created...and who knows....maybe CP2077 will claim that title when it comes out.

it's the best,or at least the most detailed open world/sandbox game ever created...and who knows....maybe CP2077 will claim that title when it comes out.

Also...play GTA V on PC ....it's the best,or at least the most detailed open world/sandbox game ever created...and who knows....maybe CP2077 will claim that title when it comes out.

I tried it on PS3. Found it...okay. Kind of sterile. Plot lacked. Never finished it. Too bad, really liked GTA4. I miss Niko.

I tried it on PS3. Found it...okay. Kind of sterile. Plot lacked. Never finished it.

That's what it is, pretty much. Sure is pretty to look at, but for all the hype and fame it has gotten, I can't say that it delivers. The plot opens up nicely and twist with the three protagonists works initially, but as you go along you notice that there's some serious recycling in the story (eg. once again our brave criminal hero is tangled up with crooked law enforcement officials and I don't know for sure where that is going, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to make a guess that's most likely right) and as with all games like this, it turns really bland and repetitive in the long run. If you took the storyline away (or if you ignored it), you'd have a massive hulk of a game that's filled with paper thin cardboard props and loads of air.

That said, not expecting anything but GTA of it, and it's worth a run through (or so I like to still think) and for what it strives for, it's nor really a bad game per say, just, as you said, sterile and lacking. Top that off with it not really providing the same kind of challenge the previous games used to, and... well, that's that.

Seems more and more games these days think nice graphics, open worlds, and decent combat mechanics are all that's needed.
I suppose if your target audience is 13 maybe it is. Since to them things like plot-lines and decent story telling are distractions from the "important" stuff.

I suppose one could say that fits Cyberpunk perfectly ... all style, zero substance.

Last edited:
I suppose one could say that fits Cyberpunk perfectly ... all style, zero substance.

I always thought Style overlaid Substance, not replaced it. Of course, I play Solos, Cops, and Nomads. Once a Netrunner - that didn't last long. Anyway. no Substance = No breathing.

If a game does have nice graphics, open worlds and decne combat, yeah, that sounds like fun to play. Not every game, not even every RPG, has to be a writing and characterization tour-de-force.

I enjoyed GTA for the hours I played it and didn't regret my purchase. It's just that I'll probably nevr finish it or get much past the 60% mark. Lot of games like that.

to be honest i never played a GTA game for the story.......i play it for the open world, a huge world with tons of things to do, find and explore, the story of GTA games never interested me that much just as the main characters, i am always more interested in good written side characters and their story from side missions which are all over the world, i think i never played the main story of a GTA game to the end although i played every game many hundred hours, i personally dont measure GTA on the story instead i do it on the world itself, thats the thing that must convince me

GTA as it is, is a perfect blueprint for Cyberpunk tho, a giant city, filled with life and details.
Tho, it stops here, once you walked throught it, there is nothing to do, you just walk in circle beating random people, it's boring really fast.

They'd need to take this and flesh it out.
Honnestly, GTA just looks like Cyberpunk's squeleton, you got the base, now you just need to add flesh and "life" to it to make it good.
Give a purpose to things in this city, add people to talk to, missions, decent story, etc...
Well, what an RPG is supposed to give you to make it worth playing.

I played GTA4/5 a couple of time and after a few games it's just boring.
But the setting in itself is cool, it just looks kind of unfinished.

Since someone brought GTA 5 up, I asked on amazon but no answer... The one thing I found odd when playing an older version (not sure which) on xbox ??? was that all this time you spend stealing cars you can't take them anywhere to sale them... Can you in GTA V?

Since someone brought GTA 5 up, I asked on amazon but no answer... The one thing I found odd when playing an older version (not sure which) on xbox ??? was that all this time you spend stealing cars you can't take them anywhere to sale them... Can you in GTA V?

yes you can. In GTA5 selling stolen vehicles is a profitable way of making quick cash. The payment for vehicles varies between 500 and $17,500. Generally, luxury coupes and SUVs are the most valuable. you can modify cars in order to sell them for more money, but you can only sell a vehicle once per day (in-game) or 48 minutes in real-time.

Last edited:
but you can only sell a vehicle once per day
That is a great way to keep it from making one too rich quickly if they were as easy to steal in the version I played (though I heard in GTA V it is harder to get away with) I know it is picky but that was the main thing that kept me from enjoying the version I played... That and I'm not to fond of time events and the main story had done that... I would of been fine abandoning main story though and just do GTA but not without some monitary gain...

Thank you for answering my question :)

Let us enjoy our abandoned forums, my People. I've just spent some time over in the Unwashed And Shaggy section. Deeply amusing. You might take a trip over there and enjoy some of the more humourous pre-release threads.

I recommend the Translations thread, about half-way down this page: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...er-languages?p=1623411&viewfull=1#post1623411

The hair discussion from the Visuals thread: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/34169-The-Witcher-3-Visuals/page10

And the horror of loss : http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/34773-Blood-Decals

Now, enjoy these, but before we get too smug, remember this -will- be us in a couple years. Just as excited about lack of gleam on mirrorshades, just as depressed about, despite earlier promises, non-removeable cyberware.

And of course I shall hold all of you -ALL of YOU - to a higher standard. Because we are the Future.

Last edited:
i looked into the visuals thread.......and i wasnt disapointed........right now someone complains that the night cycle looks too blue.......this went into a blue moon light discussion.....

Last edited:
yes you can. In GTA5 selling stolen vehicles is a profitable way of making quick cash. The payment for vehicles varies between 500 and $17,500. Generally, luxury coupes and SUVs are the most valuable. you can modify cars in order to sell them for more money, but you can only sell a vehicle once per day (in-game) or 48 minutes in real-time.
This is mostly correct.

Unless there's been a patch, you can't steal then sell cars in the offline game. You *can* steal and sell cars in GTA Online, which is separate from the offline game.

---------- Updated at 02:49 PM ----------

But, to the point of CP2077 being a sandbox in the vein of GTA, I'd be totally onboard with that. I like the idea of having a rich, immersive world I can wander around in, finding stuff to do, outside of the central story-arc.

Let us enjoy our abandoned forums, my People. I've just spent some time over in the Unwashed And Shaggy section. Deeply amusing. You might take a trip over there and enjoy some of the more humourous pre-release threads.

I recommend the Translations thread, about half-way down this page: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/29167-Let-s-talk-translations-and-other-languages/page12

I think you're using different page lengths to me. I couldn't see anything interesting on that page.

I think you're using different page lengths to me. I couldn't see anything interesting on that page.

Ah, crap, I forget about that. Lemme fix the post.

Also HOLY CRAP did that Visuals thread go nuts. Someone posted talking about how they weren't looking forward to that happening here. And it won't! Ponies at the first sign, I tell you!

I may start a thread called, "Is it downgraded? YES IT IS. SUCK IT UP CHILDREN."

I won't but I'm tempted.

Last edited:
Anyway whats with all the I don't like GTAV/SKyrim/etc posts lately?

We all know the story is bad, but it's not like most Western RPGs are better. Most of them are very much standard stereotyped pop culture fare.

Actually, in Elder scrolls's case, the lore is much much deeper and original then well, pretty much anything on the market. It is certainly underrated in that respect.

Last edited:
Top Bottom