Forums: Bugs and Errors

+
I'm not quite sure whether this is a problem with these forums or my setup, but I haven't experienced this anywhere else, so...
These forums seem to be hijacking my system key combinations, strangely both the page and the browser respond the them.

I'm used to switching between tabs with Alt-1, Alt-2 and so on. But when the tab I'm leaving contains a page from these forums, it loads a different page. For instance, this topic's page has Alt-1 rebound to "FAN ART (THE WITCHER UNIVERSE)", Alt-2 rebound to "FAN ART (CYBERPUNK UNIVERSE)", Alt-3 rebound to "OTHER GAMES". So let's say I have google.com open in tab #1 and am currently reading this topic in tab #2; I press Alt-1, which takes me to tab #1 (as desired) but also loads "FAN ART (THE WITCHER UNIVERSE) in tab #2 (not desired). If I had keyboard focus in this textbox before pressing Alt-1, the reload would not happen.

I've tried blocking "Override keyboard shortcuts" in Firefox permissions, that didn't help.
Firefox 62 / Linux Mint

But when the tab I'm leaving contains a page from these forums, it loads a different page. For instance, this topic's page has Alt-1 rebound to "FAN ART (THE WITCHER UNIVERSE)", Alt-2 rebound to "FAN ART (CYBERPUNK UNIVERSE)", Alt-3 rebound to "OTHER GAMES".
Yup, same thing happens to me. Tested on both Firefox and Chrome.

It seems to happen on all "main forums" (Community, General, Story etc.) that have subforums.
For example, if you go to https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?forums/technical_tws/, Alt-1 will switch to Witcher 1, Alt-2 to Witcher 2 (PC), ... , Alt-6 to Witcher 3 (Xbox).

I would guess it's a forum functionality. @Vattier?

It wasn't a bug, but my ... umm ... "Senior Moment of the Week (TM)" ... ?
Anyway, thanks so very much to the CD Project Red Forum Manager who was able to gently point out that my issue with logging on was having 3rd party cookies disabled.
Sooo ... after a lllooonnnggg absence, I'm baaa-aack! ;-)

Thanks for the help!

Mobile login is bonkers again. I have to use the two step authentication every time. It started a couple a days ago.

(At least on iPhone’s Safari browser.)

I have a trophy bug in ps4 GWENT,I finished the tutorial mode of the game, but I didn't get the trophy.I hope you can fix it. QQ图片20181217072739.jpg

I can't log in with a regular chrome browser. Enter my data, press "log in now", my page just refresh and all field become empty, no errors at all. But using VPN and opera browser works fine.

I can't log in with a regular chrome browser. Enter my data, press "log in now", my page just refresh and all field become empty, no errors at all.
Hmm... Chrome is working fine for me. Have you tried clearing your Chrome's cookies and cache?

I've been having a lot of trouble with Chrome lately. There was an update right before they did the big update to Gmail a few months ago, and I've had all sorts of problems since: logins not responding, pages not loading, my account not syncing on new devices (I work in schools, so I'm logging into random computers constantly), pictures or videos being "un-viewable", e-mail messages being sent to the wrong folder (despite filters), new emails somehow getting attached to the histories of prior emails instead of appearing at the top. The best one was when I logged onto my mother's computer during a visit (to print something), and it over-wrote all of her bookmarks, preferences, search-engine settings, and the landing page for new tabs with my settings. Meaning, the next time she logged in, all of my settings had stuck on her account. Lots of weird stuff. I'm not sure what they've done.

Been using Firefox across the board, lately. No issues there.

When I started using Chrome I were not able to log in until I tried logging on at the the witcher official website.

I can not connect with chrome either, I have this problem since last night I thought it was my connection but no

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. I always use chrome without issue. I don't doubt that it's chrome, just not sure what would cause it for some.:unsure:

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
I can't log in with a regular chrome browser. Enter my data, press "log in now", my page just refresh and all field become empty, no errors at all. But using VPN and opera browser works fine.

When I started using Chrome I were not able to log in until I tried logging on at the the witcher official website.

Do you have "third party cookies" enabled in your browser? This looks like an issue caused by blocking cookies from gog (they are considered third party because our url is different).

rrc

Forum veteran
Do you have "third party cookies" enabled in your browser? This looks like an issue caused by blocking cookies from gog (they are considered third party because our url is different).
Damn it.. that is it! I reinstalled my computer and used Edge browser and I simply couldn't login. It will ask for username/password and when I type, it will again prompt for username/password. I use firefox in my laptop and mobile and never had this issue.

I thought it was a problem in Edge (after all, it is a MS product) and never bothered to report here.

I doubt there's much you can (or for that matter should) do about this, but ...

Due to a fried motherboard in my PC I'm currently stuck with an ooooooold laptop I had collecting dust. It's incapable of using the newer Windows operating systems (to slow, very little RAM) so it's frozen in time with XP, which is, of course no longer officially supported. It's of course also using a no longer supported Firefox XP browser (which actually works surprisingly well).

Prior to a few minutes ago I've been unable to log into the forums with it. I'd hit "Log In" and get an endless loop loading indication. Let it run for 10 minutes once and still nada. No clue what may have changed that allowed me to log in today.

I've had zero issues viewing the forums (and they render just fine), just the inability to log on.

Probably not worth your time/effort to look into this but thought I'd bring it to your attention as an FYI.

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
I doubt there's much you can (or for that matter should) do about this, but ...

Due to a fried motherboard in my PC I'm currently stuck with an ooooooold laptop I had collecting dust. It's incapable of using the newer Windows operating systems (to slow, very little RAM) so it's frozen in time with XP, which is, of course no longer officially supported. It's of course also using a no longer supported Firefox XP browser (which actually works surprisingly well).

Prior to a few minutes ago I've been unable to log into the forums with it. I'd hit "Log In" and get an endless loop loading indication. Let it run for 10 minutes once and still nada. No clue what may have changed that allowed me to log in today.

I've had zero issues viewing the forums (and they render just fine), just the inability to log on.

Probably not worth your time/effort to look into this but thought I'd bring it to your attention as an FYI.

It's really hard to tell what could be wrong. Usually issues during the login attempt are caused by disabled third party cookies. Please make sure that in your browser settings that third party cookies are enabled :)

If this is not it, feel free to contact me via PM or "contact administration" option if you can't log in and we'll try to dig a bit deeper.

Top Bottom