Forums: Bugs and Errors

+
Without using manual coding, the issue can be avoided by adding the code as one types. I added this bolding as I typed those two words, instead of typing the entire post and then going back to format it.

Also, a "pro tip": keyboard shortcuts are a faster way to add coding than using the buttons is. :p

Hmmm. Odd. Let's test it.

Let's test it. Let's test it. Let's test it. Let's test it. Let's test it. Let's test it. Let's test it. Let's test it.

EDIT: Let's test it. Let's test it. Let's test it. Let's test it. Let's test it. Let's test it.

EDIT2: Cannot replicate. What browser are you using? Are you doing it with the icons or with bbcode?

I'm using Firefox and using the icons.

So I am adding some text here and I will make Firefox bold.
Post automatically merged:

I am also using Ublock, but I don't really see how it should/could cause this issue. I doubt the issue would be the same if I use bbcode.

Without using manual coding, the issue can be avoided by adding the code as one types. I added this bolding as I typed those two words, instead of typing the entire post and then going back to format it.

Also, a "pro tip": keyboard shortcuts are a faster way to add coding than using the buttons is. :p

I know.. So, you know about the issue? It's not only me?

Sometimes I forget to highlight something and I go back to do it, then it happens. I'm not really good with the bbcodes and keyboard shortcuts, but sure, that could avoid it. I guess for me the easier of the ways would be the code since I don't know the keyboard shortcuts.

It's a known issue with Firefox, though. I have the same problem. Manually using bbcode works, but the icons do not.

Alright, I see...

Last edited:
Firefox here.

Bold
Italic
Underline
Color

At the far right is a gear icon, select any line you've added some highlight to then click on the gear, it'll show you the correct BB code.

See, the typing thing works if you can type. :p

If you're like me...who spent his entire life typing with only my pointer and middle fingers of either hand...and has now forced himself to begin typing properly...trying to type BBC code fluently is hilariously frustrating:

"Okay, italics." (Tries to type a '['. Accidentally types a ']'.)
"Damn." (Attempts to hit 'Backspace'. Hits '\' instead.)
"D'oh." (Successfully deletes everything. Goes to type '[', but subconsciously hits 'Shift' as well. Types '{' instead.)
"Damn." (Erases that mistake as well. Types '['. Continues on with 'b]'.)
"Ha! There we go." (Finishes the word. Closes it with '[/b]'.) "Victory. Take that keyboard."
"Crap. I wanted italics."

"Okay, italics." (Tries to type a '['. Accidentally types a ']'.)
"Damn." (Attempts to hit 'Backspace'. Hits '\' instead.)
These often happen to me as well. Or \ instead of Enter.

Also, with my Scandinavian keyboard I also often make the { mistake, but because of key placement rather than Shift. The brackets are placed { [ ] }, on the number keys 7 to 0. :p

Which is why I prefer using the keyboard shortcuts.

Ehh.. Firefox.. Test.. Does all my punctuations suddenly turn into questionsmarks? (questionmark)

They did...

They did indeed!

Exclamation mark turned into 3 punctuations! How interesting...

And now..

22 new trophies, eh? Hm. Not bad. Not bad at all. And, apparently, I'm an expert. I wonder how that happened. . .
1585843358208.png

Since yesterday I'm receiving random notifications like "user started a thread called"... Is it normal? If so, can I stop it?

Since yesterday I'm receiving random notifications like "user started a thread called"... Is it normal? If so, can I stop it?
Are you subscribed to any threads or forums? Especially forums.

That notification is sent when someone starts a thread on a forum you're subscribed to (are following), and when someone posts in a thread you've subscribed to but the post gets moved to a new thread.

Are you subscribed to any threads or forums? Especially forums.

That notification is sent when someone starts a thread on a forum you're subscribed to (are following), and when someone posts in a thread you've subscribed to but the post gets moved to a new thread.
Not that I'm aware of. :shrug:

Top Bottom