Forums: Bugs and Errors

+
Thanks, @Jesting-Jack ! We're aware of the notifications issue, and are investigating.
I would like to add that this consistently happens when a user clicks on their name
forumjscssglitch.png

The alerts tab is stuck at 0 count regardless of how many alerts there are while still being blue once I receive one.

EDIT: Seems to be working just now...

EDIT 2: It's back to showing 0 now, so I don't fully understand why it worked before.

EDIT 3: I think I figured it out, it only shows 0 if I refresh the same page or I partake in an action that resets the page state (like posting something or attributing a Red Point ) because if I change the topic by using any of the tabs (like Hot Topics) it shows the actual number of the Alerts.

Last edited:
Right, after the update I get the forum in Polish (although the posts themselves are in English).
Something didn't go quite right?
Oh, yeah, that was confusing. Not fair because I'm easily confused. I eventually found the language setting but only after staring at my screen for about three hours with my bottom lip stuck out.

Found a solution: go to the main page of the forum, at the bottom of the page there will be a language option. It appears to be set to Polish by default, change the display language here.
Forum Weird 2.JPG

I don't know where i'm suppose to post this (it's not a bug/problem), but i didn't want to create a thread just for that.
Sorry in advance if i'm wrong :)

It would be nice, in my opinion, to have the possibility of having a "carousel" when several screenshots are presents on one post.
In addition to being much more aesthetic than a screenshots wall, it would avoid for people like me who do not have a very good internet connection, to have a window that moves every time a screenshot is load (i have to wait until all the screenshot on the page were loaded).
(i don't know if it's clear or if it's possible)

Somehow I got logged out of the Gwent forums -- on my iphone, my home PC, and on my office PC (although I may have never logged in there). Both my home and office PC saved my email and my password so I could log in there (although my office PC required verification) When I try to log in on my iphone, however; all that happens is the screen clears my login info and returns to the login screen. I am fairly certain I used the correct login information (verified by the info saved on my PC -- although I can't see password characters, I can see password length, an I'm pretty sure I know the password I would have used of that length. I also tried to reset the password from my I phone, but it again just returned me to the login screen. I am about to try resetting a password while logged in on my PC, but I wanted to post this request for help before I try in case I mess up the account on my PC as well. Since I visit the forums 99% of the time from iphone, it is extremely inconvenient to have to visit forums as a n unregistered user as they don't track my activity and I am not allowed to post.
Post automatically merged:

OK,
I reset my password on my PC, successfully logged in there, but still can't log in on my iphone.

Last edited:
Somehow I got logged out of the Gwent forums -- on my iphone, my home PC, and on my office PC (although I may have never logged in there). Both my home and office PC saved my email and my password so I could log in there (although my office PC required verification) When I try to log in on my iphone, however; all that happens is the screen clears my login info and returns to the login screen. I am fairly certain I used the correct login information (verified by the info saved on my PC -- although I can't see password characters, I can see password length, an I'm pretty sure I know the password I would have used of that length. I also tried to reset the password from my I phone, but it again just returned me to the login screen. I am about to try resetting a password while logged in on my PC, but I wanted to post this request for help before I try in case I mess up the account on my PC as well. Since I visit the forums 99% of the time from iphone, it is extremely inconvenient to have to visit forums as a n unregistered user as they don't track my activity and I am not allowed to post.
Me too, unable to connect on forum with my iphone. Many tries, but i always back to the login screen :(
I have since abandoned the idea.
It may have something to do with Safari (if you use Apple's app). I also have a relatively similar problem with Safari on my Mac (but wathever, i just use Firefox, now...)

I still think there is a problem with the notification button:
tgh254XGI4.gif

Each time I reload the page this happens. The notitication number varies from day to day.
I believe this started happening since the forum update/upgrade

Each time I reload the page this happens.
That happens if you mark notifications as read (click the bell button) without actually going to the page(s) where quote/mention/reply notifications are from.

For example, you get a notification "Person quoted your post in Example thread.": if you never actually go to Example thread, to the page where that post by Person is, the notification will keep flashing like in your gif.

That happens if you mark notifications as read (click the bell button) without actually going to the page(s) where quote/mention/reply notifications are from.

For example, you get a notification "Person quoted your post in Example thread.": if you never actually go to Example thread, to the page where that post by Person is, the notification will keep flashing like in your gif.
Thanks for explanation.
Is this expected behaviour though, 250ms flash for a notification number?
If expected, does such a thing happen if you get two notifications originating from the same thread?
Like say you have a notification for a like on your post and another notification for a quote in the same thread. You then click on the like notification (and consequently see the whole thread, including the quote), but technically you did not follow the notification for the quote.
Nvm, i checked, the number does decrease, got it down to one. Can't seem to find which post, could it be that it's not in the notification list anymore?
I still think it's odd UX wise, but okay.

could it be that it's not in the notification list anymore?
I think that is possible, yes. I don't know how many notifications the list can hold (mine currently has the latest 25), or how it determines when a notification is recent enough to be on the list.

You can find more notifications than on the list under Your account -> Alerts (or just click Show all under the bell button); maybe the last one is still listed there even if it's not on the bell button list anymore.

You can find more notifications than on the list under Your account -> Alerts (or just click Show all under the bell button); maybe the last one is still listed there even if it's not on the bell button list anymore.
Yes, this is were i checked. It seems that i cannot undo this one notification, so the behaviour persists with each navigation I make on this site.
Post automatically merged:

You can also always just mark all notifications as read manually by going to your alert menu, selecting "Show All..." at the bottom of the list and then clicking "Mark read" at the top of the page.
Thanks a lot, this indeed fixes it :D

This is when you "looked" at them in the little window but not actually "read" those on the thread or marked those as "read" on your list.
They don't appear in notification "button" anymore but they are not really "read".
And the notification button "flash", because the script take a little time to load the list (for see who is read/not read/seen/not seen). Even more if your net connection is not fast :)

Multi quote issue. Don't know if somebody reported this already, probably yes.

I was trying to answer a few people at once and ended up accumulating like 6 quotes in the multi quote menu. I am now not able to add those quotes to my replies, neither am I able to delete them.

Top Bottom