Forums: Opinions, Questions, and Suggestions

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
I find the new layout extremly irritating on mobile, because there are no subboards. All topics created in Suggestions are in General, too. And what is most confusing is that the faction specific gameplay boards are mixed into General as well and not into Gameplay.

I haven't tried what would happen if I created a new thread on the mobile version, where it would end.

Edit: My bad, I looked at the Hot Topic without noticing it. Nonetheless, I still haven't found a way to access the suggestion board on mobile or any other subboards.

Thank you for reporting this!

I'm new here, but the layout looks great.Happy to know this place is getting ready for the up coming reveal for E3.Im sure alot more members will follow soon and this layout and it features are one one the first things to catch their eyes.Good work.

"Mark Read" doesnt work on every thread in "Hot Topics", at least in Witcher and Gwent forums, probably its the same here.

"Mark Read" doesnt work on every thread in "Hot Topics", at least in Witcher and Gwent forums, probably its the same here.
Yeah you currently have to go into the sub-forums to clear everything. Hot topics is the only place that this makes look a little messy. We're looking into it.

Seems you can't edit posts made prior to the latest forum update?
While this shouldn't be an issue 99.99% of the time it is a bit of a pain with the PBEM thread.
Probably not worth the time/effort to do anything about, but thought I'd mention it.

So explore your fellow Users! Wait. That came out...wrong? Or did it?
No...explore your fellow Users sounds good.

BTW, where are the Witcher smilies? And badge/tokens, or whatever they were called? There's enough space under our Profile Picture to add one. And I see the CDPR members have a super-cool, red, wolf banner. I want one of those too, thanks.

Can't See what Top level forums have new posts
Can't see what threads I'm already active in
Can't see what threads are already read
Can't jump to newest/last post in a thread from the thread list or from inside the thread
...Would really like those features back

but hey at least it doesn't kick me to the game selection screen when I log on

ETA:
and why is there some goofy green tab on my avatar

Seems you can't edit posts made prior to the latest forum update?

Users can edit own posts for 24h after posting.

That's probably why.

Can't see what threads are already read

Threads that contain unread posts are in bolder font. It can be hard to see, though.

and why is there some goofy green tab on my avatar

Online status. (I cannot see it on your avatar, so I'm guessing you've set the status as hidden.)

Users can edit own posts for 24h after posting.
This is problematic for those of us that maintain informational posts that update with changes in t he game (I can think of 3 that would be specifically affected off the top of my head, one of them mine)

can we have some indication of new/read status for top level forums? it's gone
also could we get back being able to jump to new straight from the threadlist, rather than opening a thread and then needing to jump down.

It'd be nice if we could still jump to sub forums from the top level instead of drilling through blindly.
also being able to see what threads we're active in from the thread list (via icon?)

thanks for not bouncing logons out to the game chooser menu though... that was an annoyance I'm glad is gone.

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
This is problematic for those of us that maintain informational posts that update with changes in t he game (I can think of 3 that would be specifically affected off the top of my head, one of them mine)

In such cases, please contact us via PM. I'm sure we can find a personalised solution :)

[...]Threads that contain unread posts are in bolder font. It can be hard to see, though.[...]
yeah took me a bit to see... maybe make the color shift a bit more obvious?

also found the "jump to new" no clue why that's inside the thread rather than in the thread list

In such cases, please contact us via PM. I'm sure we can find a personalised solution :)
I'm not really special... and I know the reason for it (Spammer re-edits)... perhaps it could be an unlockable privilege (like new thread creation is currently) and/or only apply to OP posts? Gotta be better than making extra work for you guys = )

ETA:
would also be nice it the red/quote/reply controls were at post bottom.... bit annoying to finishs reading a post then need to scroll back up to reply

also found the "jump to new" no clue why that's inside the thread rather than in the thread list

Trick for the thread list (threads with unread posts):

• clicking on the thread title takes you to the first unread post
  • clicking on the date of the latest post takes you to the latest post, regardless of other unreads
You can also figure this out by hovering over the links; one says "unread" the other says "latest" at the end of the URL. (y)

I'm not really special... and I know the reason for it (Spammer re-edits)... perhaps it could be an unlockable privilege (like new thread creation is currently) and/or only apply to OP posts? Gotta be better than making extra work for you guys = )

I think the gist was that if there's a valid reason to do it (keeping a mod / compilation page up to date), then it won't be a problem to allow it in such situations. :cool:

Well it wouldn't be just for you. We don't mind helping reformat old posts that really need to be edited. We probably won't fix every typo ... but we'll definitely be willing to help update old information in appropriate situations.

hmmm slight problem. there doesn't seem to be any read indicator or clearing function for the alerts list....

minor note: the "center" bbcode works in the signature window, but appears disabled when output on the forum... should probably be the same in both whichever is intended

Yeah, I wasn't aware of the 24h edit thing, but I completely disagree with it if it's true. Was it really that big of a problem? I've never seen it become an issue in my 3 years (more, before I signed up) here.

If I want to go back and add new information to a post I already made without making a new one, I don't see why it should be necessary to contact the mods (who may not even be available at any given time) to make that happen. Sometimes you word something poorly, sometimes you just have typos you want to correct... Lots of perfectly valid reasons to edit posts after the fact, even 24 hours after the fact.

I know, because I've done it many times.

Are these changes set in stone, or are you guys open to tweaking them based on feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom