Forums: Opinions, Questions, and Suggestions

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just guessing, but I think it has more to do with archiving posts to keep things running as quickly and smoothly as possible.

I miss the old Forum soooo much ....:cry: ( before the two updates...)
Yes, I have problems to get used to new things.:eek:

Last edited:
Are these changes set in stone, or are you guys open to tweaking them based on feedback?

We're still listening to feedback, and have forwarded on the suggestion. Though I would expect this particular feature to stay in place if I were a betting man.

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
Yeah, I wasn't aware of the 24h edit thing, but I completely disagree with it if it's true. Was it really that big of a problem? I've never seen it become an issue in my 3 years (more, before I signed up) here.

If I want to go back and add new information to a post I already made without making a new one, I don't see why it should be necessary to contact the mods (who may not even be available at any given time) to make that happen. Sometimes you word something poorly, sometimes you just have typos you want to correct... Lots of perfectly valid reasons to edit posts after the fact, even 24 hours after the fact.

I know, because I've done it many times.

Are these changes set in stone, or are you guys open to tweaking them based on feedback?

We're always glad to hear feedback :)

Users who take care of threads that gather information in first posts should contact us via PM - I'm sure we can find a solution to help you keep your threads up to date.

Typos happen and usually get fixed within 24 hours and if you want to add something and 24 hours already passed... why not post a second post? :)

Typos happen and usually get fixed within 24 hours and if you want to add something and 24 hours already passed... why not post a second post?

Speaking for myself: When I want to update a suggestion I've made, because I've changed my opinion about it or want to add something I've forgotten to write, I don't want to write an extra post. If someone reads my opening post, he should see the latest version of my suggestion, because I can't expect people to read the whole thread, because it's time-consuming and confusing.

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
Speaking for myself: When I want to update a suggestion I've made, because I've changed my opinion about it or want to add something I've forgotten to write, I don't want to write an extra post. If someone reads my opening post, he should see the latest version of my suggestion, because I can't expect people to read the whole thread, because it's time-consuming and confusing.

Yeah, that's a fair point. We'll consider it :)

My eyes hurt. And that isnt meant to be insulting to anybody, its just a fact. After 15 mins reading in this new forum, my eyes just painfull. I have much too focus at the writing.
Btw. i know this forum is for all three subforums, but it looks quite steril, no athmosphere here (coming form Gwent).
It would be fine if i could choose my background/design manually.

My eyes hurt. And that isnt meant to be insulting to anybody, its just a fact. After 15 mins reading in this new forum, my eyes just painfull. I have much too focus at the writing.
Btw. i know this forum is for all three subforums, but it looks quite steril, no athmosphere here (coming form Gwent).
It would be fine if i could choose my background/design manually.

Yup, i have similar problem, for me white text with dark/black background = eyes destroyed.

I personally feel the prior theme felt more cyberpunky.

Otherwise, it works well enough for my purposes. I can't yet digitize things and post them for others to grab, but that's more a technology limit...

Is there a way to change forum style? Preferences option doesn't change anything.

White text on dark background hurts my eyes. And everyone else's, too. Even if they aren't aware of it...

I do not know if this is a good place for it but the bugs forum post is locked. Since the site update most links in posts that link back to the forums take you to a completely different forum post than the one linked. I have tried this with multiple links in multiples posts, all the same. I know for certain these links were working correctly before.

This new theme plain sucks (even more than the previous one did). I for one would like the threads with new answers have different colored icons, the filled-out folder just don't cut if for me.

The layout looks very professional (thanks to the grey), modern and sleek. It makes you feel like an MNC employee, rather than a forum member. :LOL:

where did the old emotes go?
hmmm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom