FOV, Fish Eye, Widescreen Problems

+
KakaoTalk_20201210_220952287.jpg

KakaoTalk_20201210_220952287_01.jpg

Please help me...
I tried 70 to 100, but it didn't help. (FOV)

Hi,

i have a widescreen monitor and I noticed that in some menu like at the doc's, a part of the screen is missing because the image is pillarboxed, any fix for that?

thanks

if you are using 3440 x 1440 Ultrawide, the UI is broken, it is missing quite a bit. I have to use 2560x1440 in order to see everything.

Please increase FOV up to 130. 100 on ultrawide is right on the edge of bearable. I get motion sickness if the FOV is not wide enough. 130 max would be a lot better. Please increase it. :) Thank you.
Post automatically merged:

Here is how to increase the FOV to anyone that is interested.

Locate file "options.json" Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config\settings\platform\pc.

Search for "FieldOfView" under it on line 252 change "max_value" to the max FOV desired.

Create a backup incase anything goes wrong. :)

Last edited:
Same issue here on 21:9 (3840x1600). Happened so far during hacking tutorial and first time at cyberripper.

I have 3 monitors and use NVIDIA Surround so I have 7810x1440 and I can't use settings at all and inside the game I also have problems. On the settings screen it's just half-cut. Inside the game I can't see half of the subtitles and half of the choices when I talk to people.

Having the same issue here as well. 3440 X 1440 Ultra wide. Nor are the cut scenes full screen (in my case), it appears the cut scenes fill 2/3(?) of my screen boxed at both ends. The cut scenes are not a big deal to me, but the UI was causing me some confusion. Still, having a great time with this game.

Try to disable chroma aberration in the graphics settings. this will at least get rid of the smudginess at the screen edges.
(Won't fix the distortion though)

Having the issue in photo mode too. I can access the buttons on the leftmost portions of the UI, but can't on the right. This is as far to the right as I can get.

Attachments

• 20201210133500_1.jpg
    20201210133500_1.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 203
To preface this I would like to clarify that I am prone to motion sickness and headaches, and these are problems that can very easily be solved.
I've only been a few hours into the game and am already feeling sick (and frustrated) with the game. I run an ultrawide (2560 by 1080) and even with FOV turned up all the way to the maximum I feel like I've got blinders on, tunnel vision and it's giving me a headache, this wouldn't have been much of a problem if this game had the option to run a 3rd person camera, but since CDPR insists on "player immersion" forcing us into 1st person the least they could have done was to offer a much greater range for FOV. It feels unnatural and claustrophobic during combat, especially in hand to hand.(Side note, I wasn't any less immersed playing The Witcher in 3rd person than I would have been playing 1st person, give us the option at the very least)

The colour balancing needs tuning, or at least give me the option to turn all those bright lights off, the garish vomit of bright colours everywhere are making it difficult to look at the game, making my eyes hurt, and I am not even photosensitive.

Controls, I've never liked WASD controls for cars, but this one seems especially bad, compounded by the low FOV, and I can't change all of my keybinds the way I want to, some of them even being hardcoded in? Come on, in 2020 I expect games to give me free reign in how I want to make my experience as comfortable as I want/need.
The mouse smoothing/acceleration needs to be turned off too!

I got game assets disappearing on me, making it nigh impossible to play:
1607709981327.png

Last edited:
It's best to report this here:
(click on Contact Us to send a ticket to support)

Can confirm for 3440x1440:
Game is pillarboxed to 16:9, but the Engine keeps rendering content that is then being masked by those fugly pillarboxes that no one in the history of ever wants or likes.

Have also reported, thanks for providing the correct link.

Same issue here 21:9 3440×1440 full-screen.

My mouse won't let me access anything to the far left or right of the screen while in photo mode so I cannot access the "load/save" button or the right button for all the options in stickers and poses etc.

Top Bottom