FOV using witcher senses

+
FOV using witcher senses

Hello,

When using witcher senses, your FOV is narrowed, it's like having tunnel vision. It's difficult to navigate. It's supposed to heighten your sight, yet it feels like a hindrance. Shouldn't your FOV be enlarged, and easy to use, like seeing through eagle eyes or something similar?

Nope. It is Witcher senses, you focus on little details and sounds and the world around you has to be blended out somehow. At least that is how I understand it.
Simple solution is only use Witcher senses when following a trail. Also makes it easier not to be distracted by what places are around you while doing a quest. Good for immersion IMO.

Nope. It is Witcher senses, you focus on little details and sounds and the world around you has to be blended out somehow. At least that is how I understand it.
Simple solution is only use Witcher senses when following a trail. Also makes it easier not to be distracted by what places are around you while doing a quest. Good for immersion IMO.

The immersion is awesome, I agree with you there. I love the sounds of trees swaying and branches cracking in the wind, monsters groans from a far, rivers water running, floorboards creaking.

I just find it a little "tunnelling".

Unfortunately not everything that *does* make sound will show them in the distance as making sound though of course there are monsters that don't give off sound waves such as specters and these are working as intended (no sound waves). Then there's the monsters or animals giving off sound but through cave walls outside the cave. You can be deep in a dungeon but see (hear) that wolf pack many meters above running around.

that's why its "make sense" to have a that narrow fov / camera zoom, but on a pure gameplay point, its really a pain that zoom / fov.

Even the "normal" game fov is pretty too narrow ( at least on PC )

I also already started a thread about the fov
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/41686-Game-FOV?p=1707107#post1707107

Top Bottom