FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys jus wanna say that in light of recent events im gunna b selling the substantial amount of stocks i had in ur company, so disappoint with the new enforcd fpp mode , sry guys no hard feelings but u just pissed in the face of like 70% of your fans an i doubt ull last till the end of year.

ur shares gonna be bear mode for a long time now and theres nuthin u can do to stop it, sry guys. maybe dont be so lazy next time.

peace out.

say bye to ur retirement guys, ur gonna be workin well into your 90s

your highs are gettin lower and your lows are gettin lower, have fun with the downward trend with no consolidation after i strike.

nothin personal guys all business.

peace.

your highs are gettin lower and your lows are gettin lower, have fun with the downward trend with no consolidation after i strike.

peace.

I bet they are shitting themselves.

Guest 4311839

That's an interesting point. The switch from strategy games to MMORPG is essentially when I stopped playing Blizzard's games. It's why I had no interest in TOR which was made instead of KOTOR3. It's why I was disappointed in The Elder Scrolls Online becoming a thing.

MMO's were all the rage a few years back and, certainly, many of them went on to be commercial successes. But they were successes that appealed at times to completely different audiences than those companies had originally cultivated.

To use a metaphor, in some cases these companies went to the prom with someone else and then went home and ****ed the prom queen instead of their date. Good on them. But their date likely isn't going to take them back anytime soon.

How's Bioware looking these days?
This is why you shouldn't attach your self emotionally to hard with brands, companies, products. Its not in you control and it will always can go to other direction. My game of all times is gothic 2 i play it once or more every year sadly it never had a sequel.

peace.

Easy there big hitter.

This is why you shouldn't attach your self emotionally to hard with brands, companies, products. Its not in you control and it will always can go to other direction. My game of all times is gothic 2 i played it once or more every year sadly it never had a sequel.

You are right :(
I guess I made the mistake of loving CD Projekt Red Unconditionally. I kept telling my friends 'It won't happen! CD Projekt Red won't ignore us or shit on us!'
Now they're laughing at me.

This is why you shouldn't attach your self emotionally to hard with brands, companies, products. Its not in you control and it will always can go to other direction. My game of all times is gothic 2 i play it once or more every year sadly it never had a sequel.

Yeah, all fair. If I had my biggest wish on a game that needed a sequel but never got one it was Planescape: Torment.

You're essentially making the argument that game development companies go where the money is...always. Eventually, everyone goes after the mass market audience or goes with the latest genre fad (Battle Royale incoming!) or consumer unfriendly BS monetization scheme.

I really don't have anything concrete to offer to prove you wrong. All the historical evidence supports your viewpoint on this.

I suppose I just really want you to be wrong about CDPR.

I guess I made the mistake of loving CD Projekt Red Unconditionally. I kept telling my friends 'It won't happen! CD Projekt Red won't ignore us or shit on us!'
If you actually loved them you'd trust they'd make the right decision for the game they've been working on over the past 5 years and knew what were the best design choices in order to let the player experience what they want the player to experience

peace.

This guy is straight up saying that he will ruin CD Projekt Red by selling his stocks, troll or not this is considered a threat come on.

If you actually loved them you'd trust they'd make the right decision for the game they've been working on over the past 5 years and knew what were the best design choices in order to let the player experience what they want the player to experience

Love cannot prevent me from getting a headache when playing FPP.

Also, the moment they think they know better than the players, they become like Bioware or EA. I love their humility, but showering them with the kind of love you mentioned will turn them arrogant. Then they wouldn't be the game company that I fell in love with.

Can you expand on this please? I'm not totally familiar with the theft in question and how it ties together isn't immediately apparent. But it's a subject/debate point nobody has yet raised so it got my attention.

Well, several months ago some hackers managed to crack CDPR's servers and stole some of the assets of Cyberpunk. Afterwards, they demanded a ransom not to diffuse these assets worldwide on the web. CDPR refused to pay, and stated that these assets were old anyway.

My reasoning is: what if they weren't old, and they remade them not to have the game spoiled by those kids? I know it's unlikely and it smells like conspiracy theory, but i think it sorta make some kind of sense.

Guest 4311839

I dont think they are laughing...(you are probably not very serious to) i truly believe they worked hard and now those people hearing this noise "What not 3rd hype is down", "omg i cant see my avatar all the time" it might hurt them to. Yeah you waited long time and they wanted for people to be haped to be blown away its all fucking sad i guess. But most sad for people with motion sickness its sucks not being able to play the game for some dump shit like dat.

And the insistence by certain elements of the FP community that the game must be FP and FP only because it's "immersive" is any less selfish?

Call kettles black much?

Also, some people suffer nausea and headaches because of FPP.
So it's selfish for them to want to see their pretty clothes more, but those who don't care about the discomfort and pain they are causing others aren't selfish. K. Arnhermland is the big man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom