FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

just made an account to say, that i respect CDPR's decision and i can see why they went for FP only.
Although this is a pass for me, im hoping CP2077 will sell well so their next game can have both options.

I'm definitely going to watch out for what they have cooked up next after CP2077.

Good luck!

I don't usually comment on forums, but I have to say I'm gutted that this game (i was so excited about for years) will be FPS or FRPG. This game has gone from a must buy to a steam sale pickup at best with one little headline. Sad :(
This is insane. That's the type of stuff you do with games that are mediocre.

Look cdpr picked ffp for a reason it works best within the games mechanics simple as free running and vertical combat in skyscrapers will not work in tpp.
Where cdpr screwed up with all due respect to them is they should have communicated this earlier cdpr needs to keep things as they are fpp only and not shoehorn something in that won't work.

I made an account just to mention my dissapointed. A game all about CHOICES and I can't even choose when I want to see my character. All this customization to not see ANY of it for 95% of the game? Oh but yeah if I want to see my character I just have to go to the bathroom and look in a mirror duuur.

Look cdpr picked ffp for a reason it works best within the games mechanics simple as free running and vertical combat in skyscrapers will not work in tpp.
Where cdpr screwed up with all due respect to them is they should have communicated this earlier cdpr needs to keep things as they are fpp only and not shoehorn something in that won't work.

They do not have to shoehorn it in. we are all willing to wait a little while for the game, yeah? Take a little bit more and flesh this out so everyone is happy. I will happily wait through a delay if it takes a bit more work than anticipated as long as they are being open about development.

I made an account just to mention my dissapointed. A game all about CHOICES and I can't even choose when I want to see my character. All this customization to not see ANY of it for 95% of the game? Oh but yeah if I want to see my character I just have to go to the bathroom and look in a mirror duuur.

Yeah, we get points for style that we dont get to see, but the NPCs do. Not really the arrangement i wanted. So much about style and so little opportunity to see it.

Hopefully, once your character goes idle for a while, the camera can draw back, giving players the option to view their characters out in the wilds of Night City without having to pull up a menu or dive into a conversation.

I was also thinking the Main Menu, loading screens and some other menus could do with something kickass and stylized like Persona 5 or Warframe. Once you got your game started, it could be an awesome way to show off a new look or implant.

In game, dunno know often you could use something like this, but maybe in the course of a certain quest, you end up getting caught in some footage that ends up on the news.

Anyone have any other ideas for increasing how often you can see your character in all their Cyberpunk glory?

I imagine it might be a bit like the Deus Ex games where it shifts to third-person when you take cover, do a specific action, and for some in-game cutscenes.

Forum veteran
Two words: photo mode.

Not only would it be fun to mess around with, but if the recent God of War is any indication, players would mess around with it in ways that kept the game in the headlines. It took a solid week until that stuff stopped showing up in my phone's "recommended stories," at least.

I will add one more thing. This decision about not tpp mode would have some kind of sense if this would be mutiplayer game. At least other players would be seeing me. But its not. It is only single player game. No one else beside me myself, can see freaking mug of my character. So why, is this game only in fpp? Why? This have absolutely no god damn sense. Im starting to lose it. Someone send help.
why CDPR, why.jpg

Guest 3573786

I will add one more thing. This decision about not tpp mode would have some kind of sense if this would be mutiplayer game. At least other players would be seeing me. But its not. It is only single player game. No one else beside me myself, can see freaking mug of my character. So why, is this game only in fpp? Why? This have absolutely no god damn sense. Im starting to lose it. Someone send help.
View attachment 10970420
To be fair, they did mention some online aspects of the game, it's possible they're keeping that under wraps as well.

Did anybody read demo impressions you can't have tpp because the mods you install give you a virtual hud for all sorts of data simply wouldn't work with your character onscreen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom