FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I made an account just to respond to this

I'm extremely upset now, because one of the main reasons I was hyped for this game was because I was ready to run around with a bright neon punk style character, and be able to see it. I understand some people like first person for the immersion, but for me this completely ruins the feel of the game

Well, thats disappointing as hell. Fuck!

Seriously, I have lost so much interest in this game now. It's like Saints Row 3 all over again. I was so goddamn excited, I loved the trailer so much, and now, I could almost care less.

I am glad I didn't pre-order anything already, because if this is true I may not even get the game new.

30 bloody years of waiting for this, 5 years of anticipation. Everyone saying "trust CDPR". Just so it can turn into yet another bullshit FPP game I can't play with getting migraines. Fuck!

I have never been this disappointed in a product in my life.

huge dissapointment, trailer was awesome, I was ready to preorder that game in the middle of the trailer, but this is a huge letdown for me.
FPP is totally killing my immersion in game, cant see character which I carefully customized, and I feel all the time like I am floating through the air, and for RPG it totally sucks. come on guys, look at last of us part 2 gameplay, how awesome it looks, look at division how there is a great point of view, look at mass effect.

i am totally dissapointed, totally oposite of what I felt 2 days ago when I watched the trailer

and another thing, there is NO WAY that melee combat will be good in FPP, no game has ever done it good, nor will you, you are not miracle workers
So much this...

Well, thats disappointing as hell. Fuck!

Seriously, I have lost so much interest in this game now. It's like Saints Row 3 all over again. I was so goddamn excited, I loved the trailer so much, and now, I could almost care less.

I am glad I didn't pre-order anything already, because if this is true I may not even get the game new.

30 bloody years of waiting for this, 5 years of anticipation. Everyone saying "trust CDPR". Just so it can turn into yet another bullshit FPP game I can't play with getting migraines. Fuck!

I have never been this disappointed in a product in my life.
I feel you, I never pre-ordered a game before and this was going to be my first. I dreamed of a cyberpunk game like this. Now I'm having second thoughts. First person just won't feel right.

I am in the group of "can't play FPP due to motion sickness". I play RPGs and point-and-click games and love them for the story content. I know they want FPP for the uber-techy HUD and such but those of us with motion sickness need a TPP toggle at least for out-of-combat use or this game will suck. This is supposed to be an RPG first so don't kill off statistically 12% of your player base with FPP that the majority (even of those who don't get motion-sickness) clearly don't want. :confused:

I'm frustrated.........
Placeholder Amazon Order canceled.

IMG_2587.PNG

I'm a longtime fan of the pen and paper RPG, and I've been eagerly looking forward to this game since that first trailer (in 2012?) I vastly prefer third-person games over first person ones, and I don't see the point of character customization if we never see our own character. The latter there is the main reason I gave up on Overwatch, even though it was one of the rare FP games I really enjoyed. If it's a choice to play in one mode or the other, then that's even better (why don't more games just basically copy MGSV:TPPs setup? It was brilliant.), but if it really is first-person only I'm out.

Style over substance, right? :p

Please, oh gods, please have a change of heart over this. You will lose so many players otherwise. I loved to play Skyrim in first person for example, but I also loved the possibility at will to switch to 3rd person when I wanted, just to take screenshots of my character or to enjoy it's customization. Why on earth having a character customization if I can't see it the most part of the game? Hercules Disappointed

Really sadden by this news

I was so hyped for the game

Do the right thing CDProjekt

Or maybe release animations for modders to use

I can only repeat what I said already in another thread:

I really don't see why first person is a problem. I play lots of first person games mixed with third person games, and I never felt one type is preferable above another. I feel very comfortable with both. I honestly don't get it why people are so outraged about it.

For example: Whatever you think about it, I have played lots of hours in "Elder Scrolls" games, and these games where first person with third person cut-scenes. So character creation still is very important in that kind of games. Also - I think sneaking (line of sight) and targeting is way more easy when in a first person perspective. So yeah... I don't mind Cyberpunk is first person perspective.

This is, of course, a personal opinion.

I am with CD Project on this. Seriously,would Skyrim or Fallout be less awesome if it had only first person view? Grow up people and stop whining about a game based on the freaking camera.

To people saying they aren't gonna buy this due to the first person camera,I think you should have never been interested in this game in the first place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom