FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
at the game is a FPS, I hope CD Projekt Red add TPP. FPS
first of all what does a FPP mean? And second ,I don't see people with motion sickness going to other game forums with FP games and asking to change the camera. Also the poll here is not accurate statistically,since it's most likely that people who have motion sickness joined here to discuss about their problem and hence a more vocal minority. If all people in the world who are interested in CP could vote on this poll,this would be way less imo.

But anyway,if they can put a toggle to camera without impacting the gameplay or their original vision,whatever I have no problem. But if it was a core design decision that impacts many things around the world,from technical stuff to the way the world is rendered,to gameplay stuff like how game situations are approached,they should stick to their original decision and keep it a locked FP game.

I feel for your problem,but what a vocal minority does right now is like going to Call of Duty forums and ask for a camera change because they have motion sickness(for the record I don't play Call of Duty)
I see your point but... i dont play those games and dont give a crap about them... so for me to have an opinion about something that directly affects me is making your point invalid

honestly...i'm quite disappointed, yes i understand that the game aims for some kind of adrenalinic shooter actions and i'm fine that the combat sessions are FP, BUT, i find necessary a TP to explore, yes car has it, but it's really needed a third person while walking, exploring, i really can't enjoy exploration in first; i'd hope that that CDP implements a third person to explore, following fallout/elder scrolls style. Combat, as stated, is fine as planned, just let me look at my churacter while wandering.

[QUOTE="Chronoid, post: 10984010, member: 3829893" It makes sneaking and stealth mechanics ONE-NOTE. CDPR.[/QUOTE]

I disagree with this point because stealth in Deus Ex is pretty good, at least in my opinion.

No is unfair to say that.. There are people that are in this forum since the 2014 that got involved and never stopped in discussing about their dream rpg we did pool we discussed we debated since the first teaser trailer.

And in the end we got FUCKED in the end like if all we discussed was not even considered like all this years were a waste of time.. and they were.

So don't come to tell is our falt if somebody decided at some point to show up the middle finger to the long term fan.

Is there a source that the "long term" fans of this game were against fp camera? Or do you think that your opinion should represent everyone,because I've been reading this forum for over 4 years and you certainly don't represent me

I run and write Datafortress 2020, the largest, most comprehensive Cyberpunk 2020 website that ever existed. Also, until a couple of years ago when heart and back problems forced a hiatus, the only regularly updated site of the last 10 years. It is no boast to say I am in part responsible for the game staying alive, since the last 2020 supplement from R.Talsorian cane out in the 1990's.

I have been playing Cyberpunk 2020 since the 2013 edition in 1989.

You will not find a bigger or more supportive fan of Cyberpunk 2020 than me.

I have dreamed of a video game based off Cyberpunk 2020 from the first moment I played GTA 3.

I was one of the first to register on the Cyberpunk 2077 blogs and original forums.

To say I was excited and hyped, especially after playing Witcher 3 (thanks again Sard) is an understatement of immense proportion. And when I saw the trailer yesterday, I literally wept tears of joy and excitement.

And yet, the announcement that the game will be First Person Perspective has almost killed all my interest in the game. Not just because first person makes character customization all but pointless, not just because melee and hand to hand in first person fames that are primarily shooting based always is utter garbage, but because first person perspective gives me migraines and prevents me from enjoying, or even playing sometimes, the games that force it.

The only way I could be less disappointed is if the combat were turn based.

I urge you, please reconsider....

We decided to go with First Person Perspective because it adds to the immersion - let you experience the game through eyes of the main character. We're not planning to allow switching to TPP for the same reason. You'll have many opportunities to see your customized character in cutscenes, inventory view and mirrors. It's going to be First Person RPG, not a FPS.

And still no answer by cd project yet..

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D::DD:
It seems like CDPR went on a hiring spree after TW3 and hired a bunch of western devs that are making a game like the ones I've been trying to escape for years by playing CDPR and other Eastern games. Really disgusted we are getting a Borderlands/Destiny clone. I wonder if at next E3 they'll announce the Always Online component. I think I'm just going to have to quit playing video games I guess. Hopefully Japan will save us.

Tons of eastern europe games are FPP. Dying Light.. Metro series.. Stalker... Many others, so i don't know what are u trying to say :p

I disagree with this point because stealth in Deus Ex is pretty good, at least in my opinion.
Yeah, I play those games entirely stealthily. I do think it's easier to just shoot and arm knife everything, but the stealth is super well done.

I really enjoy Deus Ex, I'd just like this game to have its own identity, but it's cool. As long as I have a huge cyberpunk world to lose myself in, I'm good.

I can stand first person, but PLEASE NO HEAD BOB. Head bob is when the camera bobs up and down when you walk, in an attempt to look 'realistic'. It doesn't look realistic, it just makes a lot of people feel dizzy. If you insist on first person PLEASE DON'T PUT HEAD BOB IN THE GAME, but if you do GIVE US AN OPTION TO TURN IT OFF.

Dear Cd Project Red.
let me first of all begin by saying that the witcher series if my favorite games of all time. in total I think I put over then a 2000 hours in this games.(1500 hours In the witcher 3 and all of its dlc) so I don't think that I'm exaggerating when I say that I'm one of your biggest fans.
your games made me laugh and they made me cry. but no matter what I had the time of my life in every second of gameplay or story.
5 years ago you announced cyberpunk 2077. and when I saw the trailer my hype level was through the roof. I mean a futuristic open world cyberpunk game? being made by my favorite gaming company of all time? IT WAS MY DREAM GAME . I cannot express to you how I love this genre and while I could fill the void with movies like blade runner. there 's not a lot of games that exits in this genre. actually I don't think that there ever was an open world futuristic cyberpunk game. so I waited for any piece of information on this game. I didn't care how long it takes until its out. I know that a good company like you will never release a game before its ready and I support that. two days ago at the Microsoft e3 press conference they showed the trailer of cyberpunk and I got to say my hyped level went from the sky to the moon. it was exactly like I imagined it. it was perfect.
one hour ago I was browsing thourgh the internet and I found an article cyberpunk 2077 is a first person. I could not believe it I had to check to see if its true. sadly it is.
all those years that I waited and finding out its a first person feels like getting punch in the chest. as much I love your games cd project I just cannot play first person games I just can't. no matter how many chances I give it I always put the game down after an hour or two. I just can't get into it. I'm not saying first person games are bad but there's a lot of people that agrees with me. I really hope someone in cd project reads this. maybe just maybe we can get a third person perspective two so we can chose that way everyone can enjoy your game. I'm sure cyberpunk 2077 will be excellent no matter what the perspective I'm just sad I wont able to enjoy it.
thank you cd project for giving me the witcher franchise I love you for it
SINCERELY Alex

We decided to go with First Person Perspective because it adds to the immersion - let you experience the game through eyes of the main character. We're not planning to allow switching to TPP for the same reason. You'll have many opportunities to see your customized character in cutscenes, inventory view and mirrors. It's going to be First Person RPG, not a FPS.
Again please address people with motion sickness/disorientation issues please

CDP was definitelly reading this forum for years and collecting people's suggestions including the ones about ingame perspective. So they need to have a good reason for making the game FPP only for sure. I'd like to see the gameplay first before I start to judge.

What I learned today is shocking.

Take for example the blizzard rpg/fps mmo they made, it is not a success. RPG without TP it only gives you 2 benefits and it has many minus as well.

1) makes you feel as part of the world, you are the character.
2) good shooting experience.

but what about...
1) character creation is pointless as you dont see your character, you dont have visual contact with your character and character creation is indeed pointless.
2) Attachment of your toon/character with you as a gamer is zeroed pointless because it simply conflicts with (makes you feel as part of the world, you are the character).
3) It loses the deep immersive essence and feel of the RPG, it gives a more fps/shooting experience instead.

so no reason for modding, no much reason for anything..just kill kill kill and that is that.

I voted tp and fps similar to SKYRIM so anybody can have what he wants. As far as I can see it, FPS is allready implimented, but without TP no buy...

I read it here... http://onlysp.com/cyberpunk-2077-is-an-fps-rpg/

ps: I am not an fps lover and if I wish an fps game, I will go for battlefield 5... RPG + FPS cannot be and all the modern experiments of those 2 merged, are all failures.

I see your point but... i dont play those games and dont give a crap about them... so for me to have an opinion about something that directly affects me is making your point invalid

I'm not saying that you shouldnt have an opinion,I'm just showing to you how absurd your opinion is to the rest of us

Lets see we play witcher in 3rd person for over 10 yrs, a lot of us are saying we can't play FPS due to Motion Sickness, but we arent suppose to dismisses it? even though most of us voted on this site for 3rd person? seems like CDPR just wanted to follow every other developer and make a fps rpg.
Ok... 1st. Motion sickness can be counteracted by creating the FP in way that doesn't trigger it (believe me, I know).
2nd. There aren't even a handful, actually good FP RPGs, and CDPR will have their reasons for doing the game like that.
3rd. Before TW3 came out, more than one person ripped CRPR a new one for making in open world, thinking it would be as shallow and boring as all the Assassin's Creeds out there, but they stuck to their guns and made a masterpiece...

I'm far from a fanboy, in fact, there aren't many companies left these days I would actually trust to make a good product anymore, but with these guy's track record? I'm more than willing to wait with my judgment until I actually have SEEN the game being played...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom