FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
THat is higly subjective and uncalled for... Nobody wanted a first person view in a game like that you forced it on us based on an ansuntion and this is bad... really bad... it felt like a kick in our back... This is...panful to admit i used to love cd project i used to think "They are the ones that will do it right" turns out it was a mistake... There is nothing immersive in being a floating head with arms sticking out your face and you were aware most of this forum user never wanted to be forced to play fp only

I mean, i think an awful lot of people got immersed in the Witcher games with Third person view. An option for third person will NOT break immersion for an awful lot of people that CHOOSE to use it over first person...

if you want a source you can always go by the voting % up top, considering a majority on at least this topic favor 3pp

Well this game is aimed at millions of gamers and in this poll have voted,what 200 people? Also we had done a poll if we wanted The Witcher 3 to be an open world game or like the Witcher 2-1,most people would be against open world. I guess you get the idea now,right? People are just conservative and don't know what they want or what works,until they experience it

Just read through the preceding 8 pages and man, I am in the minority for sure. I was psyched to hear that it is going to be first person, 3rd person is playable for me, but I always feel disoriented and feel like I'm remotely controlling a character rather than feeling in the game like I do for a well done 1st person game. I always hated games with "jump puzzles," but then played Mirror's Edge and realized that it was just my inability to orient myself in TPP games. This is all aside from 3rd party feeling like easy mode in tactical situations since you can see in 360 degrees, can't really get ambushed or snuck up on, and can look down hallways/around corners way before your character has a hope to.

I think the part that I am most surprised with is the backlash that is saying they are just catering to trends and choosing the popular option, but it really feels to me that outside of shooters 3rd party seems to be the dominant meta especially for single player games. This is entirely anecdotal, I have no idea what the actual statistics say so take with some salt.

I was also unaware that the motion sickness was as widespread of an issue, I actually thought that had more to do with tech and environmental factors like screen refresh rate and quantity/angle of ambient light than camera perspective, you learn something new everyday.

Also something that you seem to forget,is that Mike Pondsmith,the creator of the Cyberpunk universe ,who is actively involved in the making of this game,felt that first person camera is the way the gameplay should work,with cutscenes being in 3rd person. Just keep in mind this small,but improtant detail

Oh, wow, didn't know that. But, when you consider how we play P&P RPG's mainly from our own perspective, FP makes sense in that regard.

I can agree with this, but I think the reason many people are surprised with this isn't because of cyberpunk, but of because of what CDPR is known for. We weren't hyped for nothing, we were hyped because we know how CDPR makes their RPG games (or at least used to know now) , and they have always been third person. Knowing that, it kind of makes sense to have expected this to be third person.

Well, to be honest, this is a pretty normal reaction on CDPR forums, unfortunately. Doesn't mean it's okay, but I mean... when The Witcher 2 was announced, people complained that it was "dumbed down for console" when they unveiled the action combat. When The Witcher 3 was announced, people complained that it was open world. Now people are complaining because it's first person. CDPR's fans are passionate, but super prone to overreacting.

first of all what does a FPP mean? And second ,I don't see people with motion sickness going to other game forums with FP games and asking to change the camera. Also the poll here is not accurate statistically,since it's most likely that people who have motion sickness joined here to discuss about their problem and hence a more vocal minority. If all people in the world who are interested in CP could vote on this poll,this would be way less imo.

I feel for your problem,but what a vocal minority does right now is like going to Call of Duty forums and ask for a camera change because they have motion sickness

Yeah, I agree with you it would make no sense for motion sickness sufferers to complain about COD, we don't because we understand that it isn't possible. FPS game require FPP (first person perspective) camera. FPS games are all about shooting guns throughout most of the game.

But Cyberpunk 2077 is an RPG first as CDPR went out of their way to emphasize in their press-talks "don't let the guns and explosions fool you, this is a true RPG, this is an RPG first, not a first person shooter"

Those who get motionsickness don't play FPS games because we can't, we play RPGs because nearly all of them have TPP (third-person perspective) camera by default or available via a toggle. For one of the world's best RPG devs to release a FPP locked affects us deeply since these are the types of games we can actually play hence why our numbers are better represented in polls such as this one.

I understand they need FPP for the combat, all they need to do is add a TPP toggle that we can use when just walking around the environment which certainly doesn't need to be FPP locked.

We decided to go with First Person Perspective because it adds to the immersion - let you experience the game through eyes of the main character. We're not planning to allow switching to TPP for the same reason. You'll have many opportunities to see your customized character in cutscenes, inventory view and mirrors. It's going to be First Person RPG, not a FPS.

Have you used head bob (camera wobbling up and down when you walk)? I beg you, if you're putting head bob in the game PLEASE give us an option to disable it - on all platforms.

Well, to be honest, this is a pretty normal reaction on CDPR forums, unfortunately. Doesn't mean it's okay, but I mean... when The Witcher 2 was announced, people complained that it was "dumbed down for console" when they unveiled the action combat. When The Witcher 3 was announced, people complained that it was open world. Now people are complaining because it's first person. CDPR's fans are passionate, but super prone to overreacting.
What I was saying. ;) People really need to learn to chill...

I think is useless to keep complaining, devs have got the message and i'm sure they will ponder about some kind of tweak/add to enable 3rd person, because is totally possible to implement, IF they want.

the rest of us have you seen the % at the top/ were not saying to take away your 1st person. were just saying why not include us.

Dude,the poll asks what camera YOU want in CP game. It does not ask if you would not play the game at all.

This is like asking what hair color do you want in your protagonist. I want his hair green,doesn't mean if I don't get green hair I won't play the game or won't enjoy it. I'm perfectly fine with any color,although my favourite is green

We decided to go with First Person Perspective because it adds to the immersion - let you experience the game through eyes of the main character. We're not planning to allow switching to TPP for the same reason. You'll have many opportunities to see your customized character in cutscenes, inventory view and mirrors. It's going to be First Person RPG, not a FPS.

if your doing combat in first person, its more or less an fps as an rpg, sorry but that phrasing irritates me to a degree, that being said, people are simply giving feedback, that they dont like first person perspective, i really dont care for first person at all, i have always played my rpgs when applicable in third person. And only seeing my character in cutscenes, inventory (lol) and mirrors (lol) is really disappointing to me

Juuust gonna put this here. Might have come up already? One of my VERY favourite games in the world, play it every year...

and of course this classic:

DE HR

System Shock 2

and another of my ALL TIME favs, admittedly with a crappy TPS option as well:

also THIS JUST IN from VG 24/7:

"I’ve just sat through 50 minutes of straight-up, honest to goodness, violent-as-fuck Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay.

First impressions? Holy fuck. Also, it’s a first-person game, despite CD Projekt’s roots in third person games with The Witcher series. Don’t fear though, as much as shooting and gunplay are crucial – and brutal – it’s very much a modern action role-playing game.

I haven’t sat through such a confident, explosive and complete demo of a game in years. I shit you negative. "

I have never and I mean never felt immersed in a FPS. I honestly can't think of one but you guys made your decision so I guess that's that right. Well we tried guys...

I support your decision dude. Same thing happened with Witcher 3 when it was announced it will be open world. Whining about how it would affect the story etc. Stick to your original vision and don't change based on the mob's whining.

I'm sure people will eat their tongue once again as they did with Witcher 3. And most of them will be here Day 1,praising things that they whined about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom