FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We decided to go with First Person Perspective because it adds to the immersion - let you experience the game through eyes of the main character. We're not planning to allow switching to TPP for the same reason. You'll have many opportunities to see your customized character in cutscenes, inventory view and mirrors. It's going to be First Person RPG, not a FPS.

First person is a total immersion killer for me. I can respect that at the end of the day it's your team's creative vision, but you guys have also been known to be the champions of doing well by your fanbase. This strikes me as disregarding a large chunk of us. I guess the only thing left is to speak with my wallet.

if your doing combat in first person, its more or less an fps as an rpg, sorry but that phrasing irritates me to a degree

So with TPP Cyberpunk 2077 or any other game would be Third Person Shooter or RPG with Third Person Perspective. U know that there is big difference between FPP/FPS AND TPS/TPP??? :p

I am so disappointed. I don't even have words.

I was so stoked for the ultimate character creator for my own characters finally coming to life in my favourite setting by my favourite developer.

Can't there be a switch between FP and TP? If you can't see your character and the beautiful fashion and customization, what is the point to even have that in game. I'm not just playing to have the knowledge of how they look, I want the visual feedback too!

I'm not playing as 'myself.' My V's were going to be characters I have loved for decades. I can't believe I still won't be able to get to see them in Cyberpunk. That was perhaps my most highly anticipated aspect.

Last edited:
> Man I though I would see new animations for hiding in corners and such.
> If they have both options, I would like to see that....

I agree. An exploration TPP would be nice although I don't know the technical implication of this if they didn't plan to do it in the first place. I am fine with FPP anyway.

Juuust gonna put this here. Might have come up already? One of my VERY favourite games in the world, play it every year...

and of course this classic:

DE HR

System Shock 2

and another of my ALL TIME favs, admittedly with a crappy TPS option as well:

also THIS JUST IN from VG 24/7:

"I’ve just sat through 50 minutes of straight-up, honest to goodness, violent-as-fuck Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay.

First impressions? Holy fuck. Also, it’s a first-person game, despite CD Projekt’s roots in third person games with The Witcher series. Don’t fear though, as much as shooting and gunplay are crucial – and brutal – it’s very much a modern action role-playing game.

I haven’t sat through such a confident, explosive and complete demo of a game in years. I shit you negative. "
Crappy? i thought new vegas was fine in third person, only went first person to loot stuff

It's not an RPG, but it is Blizzard's only FPS. What game are you talking about, then?

Destiny 1 and 2 and dont tell me its not blizzard, its the same thing with activision. I dont play those because even if they have character customization, appearance and stuff, story, its an mmo/rpg/fps and with partial 3rd person view... well... Only those who play fps games play destiny... And you know why it is not successful? Simply because the gamers who love RPG games don’t play much FPS games but only for fun and in some rare occasions. Those who play FPS games don’t play RPG much... so...

I still have Call of duty black ops packaged, never opened and for many years on my desk…dusty

Last edited:
I am so disappointed. I don't even have words.

I was so stoked for the ultimate character creator for my own characters finally coming to life in my favourite setting by my favourite developer.

Can't there be a switch between FP and TP? If you can't see the beautiful fashion and customization, and you can't see your character what is the point to even have it. I'm not just playing to have the knowledge of how they look, I want the visual feedback too!

I'm not playing as 'myself.' My V's were going to be characters I have loved for decades. I can't believe I still won't be able to get to see them in Cyberpunk. That was perhaps my most highly anticipated aspect.

Will we not even be able to see V speak and act? Is everything just FP?

No just. Please tell me no.
Do you guys not read anything they put out?

I think the part that I am most surprised with is the backlash that is saying they are just catering to trends and choosing the popular option, but it really feels to me that outside of shooters 3rd party seems to be the dominant meta especially for single player games. This is entirely anecdotal, I have no idea what the actual statistics say so take with some salt.

TPP is definitely more common than folks board are acknowledging. AC, Just Cause, MGS, Hitman, GTA, Final Fantasy, Yakuza, Watch Dogs, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, on and on. Yeah, it was precisely that most open worlds are third person that I assumed this would be too. But I love Dishonored, Fallout, and Deus Ex, so FP works for me. I think most of the people here are thinking of FPS like COD, Destiny and Overwatch and that's getting them triggered. They made it clear it's not a shooter.

I recently bought the Acer Predator X34A 3440x1440 curved monitor. Bioshock Infinite looks really amazing and immersive in ultrawide at 100hz. That being said I fired up the Witcher 3 to start a new game in ultrawide and the game felt a lot more immersive than my previous 3 playthroughs. I don't mind FP games but I really prefer to play TP if there is armor, clothing and appearance customization options. Especially in a cyberpunk game.

First person is a total immersion killer for me. I can respect that at the end of the day it's your team's creative vision, but you guys have also been known to be the champions of doing well by your fanbase. This strikes me as disregarding a large chunk of us. I guess the only thing left is to speak with my wallet.

Their fanbased(me among others),loved their games for their mature storytelling,rpg elements,emphasis on player choice and immersive worlds to explore and experience.

If you think a camera aspect disregards their fanbase,oh boy,you couldn't be furthest away from the truth.

We decided to go with First Person Perspective because it adds to the immersion - let you experience the game through eyes of the main character. We're not planning to allow switching to TPP for the same reason. You'll have many opportunities to see your customized character in cutscenes, inventory view and mirrors. It's going to be First Person RPG, not a FPS.

Funny thing, I find floating cameras not immersive and third person much more so, attaches me to the character rather then being a ghost. That through the eyes thing just doesnt work unless in VR, human eyes have different view angles then a screen. Anyway, glad you straightened it out, reached apathy faster then with Fallout 76.

@Vattier its funny saying it adds immersion knowing your game has many cutscenes thats break that "imersion". I know its design decision but for real there are many people who just cant stand FP... o its imerssion break for them
ok do it as main FP game ( we all know its easier to port to VR that way ) but add TP for as PLS.

Im fan since 2004 and loves your TP games pls give as choice !

I think there is still possibility for TPP guys :p .. But the news that community want TPP (at least for exploration) must pass to Marcin Iwinski first or other "big guy"... They changed and added many things to Witcher series thanks to feedback... Not very long ago they also made very ballsy decision with Gwent direction after feedback, so there is possibility but we need Mr Iwiński or other important person to hear some of you. Don't worry, this game is 2019/2020 so there is still time for that i think

How about implementing TPP as kind of semi-autonomous drone floating above character? Player could buy it with in-game money and use as kind of substitute of TPP, but also as a recon tool or weapon. Customizable, of course :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom