FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Character animations in Bethesda games are just disgusting. Its hard to be immerse if your character is moving like he has stick in his ass and he is walking on moon surface. In CDPR games its totaly different story.

New vegas animations are exactly what you described. Skyrim was very improved and fallout 4 even more improved. But I am one of those who never play first person rpgs, so couldnt play skyrim as fps either. What makes bethesda games unique is the modding and tools they provide. So I cannot hide my exitement for elder scrolls 6. I love mods and the whole experience with nexus and try new things out of the game.

And that's why they shouldn't listen to their community?

I've never said they don't listen. They do, but many times community offered nothing but complaints and trash.

You are here as long as I am, so you should know.

I really do hope you will do that... i really hope you will prove me wrong.. and i really hope i will be forced to ask apology in this forum if you do that... but i am not buying it until somethin will change.

I really wanted to buy this game as well but just first person is a sad design choice for an RPG game.

True BUT it shows many are just jumping in here to blast CDPR for something that was "owned to them". Just because they said at one time the game was currently TPP and FPP doesn't mean it will be at finish. Though maybe they wanted to tell at E3 it's primarely FPP so everyone is aware the decision is made now and development is close to a fun playable state in FPP but not TPP.
It's also strange seeing a very nontoxic forum quickly becoming toxic for many outlandish "I need FPP" because "reasons". The only reason I do appreciate is for issues of headaches and motion sickness. That is a real world issue for some in FPP.

I don't think anyone is OWED anything...on either side.

I think that one of the learning lessons from this is to maybe show things a little earlier on in the development process. Wherever you fall in this debate, it's hard to argue with the fact that the backlash is pretty massive over this issue. People had been expecting one thing for five years (based on all previous CDPR games being third person) and ended up getting the opposite.

That's maybe something that should have been revealed earlier (where it is presumably not to late to change it) and therefore the feedback could have been collected.

I understand and respect CDPR's right to develop their games as they see fit and show what they want, when they want to. But it's a lot easier to incorporate feedback when you have a chance to receive it earlier in the process than five years in. If feedback is a part of the process, then you have to gather it during the timeframe where it can actually make a difference in the end result.

Well not showing that gameplay to the world and keep it close door was certainly a big mistake. Because if it is that good at least people that don't want to FPP right now could be reassured. Because now most people react badly because it's different of what they are used to with CDPR. Plain and simple (except for those with medical condition of course).

I am disgusted by the community right now. Everyone say gaming is doomed. Devs don't take risk anymore. Every games look the same. And then CDPR comes, does something different and it's chaos... although they do exactly what we all should want from every devs. They change.

Lmao,so if Witcher 3 has sex scenes ,it's a third person dating game. Thanks for enlighting us into what is the correct analogy of things
Lol it really seems you guys are scrambling to defend this decision to not include 3rd person. I would say Witcher 3 is an Open world 3rd person Rpg but that's just me you can call it what you want :)

Sounds like you just can't meet someone half-way.

Let me explain this simply for you, then: I have never enjoyed a game that's used First Person Perspective. Clear enough? I despise that POV. It is un-fun for me.

Or perhaps I need to try your tack: You seriously prefer First Person? Ridiculous.
That's not my tack at all. It's people being ridiculous, already saying that its not going to be fun because it's First Person. No where have i bemused TP. Like people have in this thread in regards to FP.

We understand your concerns and we value your feedback about TPP - we'll keep it in mind. Thank you!

No don't. Not until people actually saw the game in action. They just complain because they are afraid of change like usual. Convince them that's a good thing. Or add an exploration cam but don't listen to negative feedback when the said negative feedback is based on nothing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom