FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we will be able to drive the flying cars either only cars on the ground, the game is more of a RPG exploring adventure game in a city more then anything else, I believe we all have ideas of what we wanted this game to be, and may find out there are other limitations to what you can do, and interact with in the game. Still the game looks awesome, but I'm not as hyped for it as I was before E3, as I have learned from getting older never assume anything, sounds like it will have great storylines, side quests, and challenging combat, with many interesting place to explore.

And you know we're a minority... how?
Because First Person shooters of all stripes move enough units that most people are clearly ok with them on some level and because this happens in every major game. Seen it all over so many people making a big stink about how theyre leaving and it never ever matters.

Guest 3573786

Because First Person shooters of all stripes move enough units that most people are clearly ok with them on some level and because this happens in every major game. Seen it all over so many people making a big stink about how theyre leaving and it never ever matters.
Yeah no... you havent even proven those buying first person shooters are the majority of anything, let alone that that somehow relates to a studio that has so far been making mostly third person rpgs. Honestly I have no idea why people feel the need to make stuff up to try getting their point across.

Doesn't matter who's a minority and who's not. They're almost certainly too deep in development to be adding or changing perspectives at this point. This is what they wanted to do and what they chose, and I don't think they need to back their decision with a popularity contest.

Indeed, I don't believe the FPP can be changed at this point.

I just want to be shown that FPP really improved the experience at the cost of savoring character customization and diverse and flashy melee combat at a Cyberpunk 2020 adaptation , since only gameplay could answer that question, I guess fostering the criticism of this section of the fanbase is valid.

Because if you don't prove yourself otherwise as a majority, you'll be assumed to be a minority unless there's clear statistics.
I mean its not like we didnt see dumb backlash against the Witcher 2 for having the audacity to change camera placement and make it more actiony or when The Witcher 3 went open world. Lots of people acted like it would ruin the game.

Sales numbers said otherwise and so did the fan reactions after the games came out.

Yeah no... you havent even proven those buying first person shooters are the majority of anything, let alone that that somehow relates to a studio that has so far been making mostly third person rpgs. Honestly I have no idea why people feel the need to make stuff up to try getting their point across.
Neither of us can "prove" it either way but lets not pretend that third person rpgs are more popular than the likes of CoD, Overwatch, Halo and Counterstrike. They aren't. FPS games move units. The big budget RPG is a relative new comer in the NA and EU markets. Big budget shooters have a deep historical fan base.

And again, the "betray-thing" is about the CDPR silence for almost 6 years after announcemente and now just say it's FPP. As a design choice, they could talk about it almost a 3~4 years ago. And it's not one, 2 or 3 users who misunderstand some information, is almost 50% of entire community on this forum supporting the project all this year...

This is what I don't understand from the people upset here. What exactly did CPDR do to betray the fans? Sure, they released a teaser years ago and went completely silent, but they NEVER revealed any information about it. The fanbase HYPED this game up based on a TEASER with no concrete evidence, from that point you have endless wild expectations. CDPR never turned back on any promises they made because they didn't make anything. The outlash would have been the same if CDPR mentioned it all those years ago. CDPR did nothing wrong here, this community is having a knee jerk reaction because the game design is something they were not expecting. This is all on the community, not on CDPR.

Guest 3573786

Neither of us can "prove" it either way but lets not pretend that third person rpgs are more popular than the likes of CoD, Overwatch, Halo and Counterstrike. They aren't. FPS games move units. The big budget RPG is a relative new comer in the NA and EU markets. Big budget shooters have a deep historical fan base.
No we cant, but I for one didnt claim people of my opinion are the majority - you did. And with 0 evidence.
And I've yet to hear how fps sales numbers relate to a fp rpg.

Most of the problem (aside from the folks that have genuine motion sickness) could be that we are mentally reskinning the Witcher 3 as Cyberpunk 2077 and it's jarring to hear that it will be first person instead. At least 15% of what I liked about the Witcher 3 was the ability to wear different armors, dye armors, change hairstyles, etc etc, and see those changes represented on screen. I remember countless times when would position my character against sunrises and sunsets and just enjoy how I customized Geralt. I'm sure that there will be an in-menu option where you can see your character and actually see the customization, but it would be very unfortunate to only be able to see your character during cut scenes or during cover sequences like Deus Ex. At an absolute minimum, I hope they allow us to have a third person perspective (with camera control), even if you can't actually move your character while you are in that mode. In an ideal world, they would just do like GTA V did and give us both options. I, for one, would pay for the game again if it released with a third person mode (like the reverse of what GTA V did when it went next gen). I'd also wait longer for this game if it meant a third person mode could be added. I trust CDPR, however - I don't think they would do this unless it was for a good reason...I hope they release a tiny slice of gameplay soon...it would go a long way to allaying our fears.

Exactly this. We could enjoy customising Geralt look to our liking, but we will not be able to this in game with robust character creation. I mean... I really want to scream right now... this dont make any sense. I finished entire W3 multiple times on Death March! wearing Robe just because I like how it looks. I dont care about stats. In Dark Souls same story. Fashion souls all the way every day. Now they making game were you can create your character and customise your looks how ever you like... and you cant see it. WTF? Who ever came up with this? I know that Im repeating myslef at this point. But this is just so insanely stupid its sound almost like Reds are trolling us. Just like this trailer reveal. Are they planning to came up with another "hack" and reaveal that they were just joking?

I don't usually comment on forums, but I have to say I'm gutted that this game (i was so excited about for years) will be FPS or FRPG. This game has gone from a must buy to a steam sale pickup at best with one little headline. Sad :(
Stop being so dramatic just because the camera angle isn't what you were expecting.

No we cant, but I for one didnt claim people of my opinion are the majority - you did. And with 0 evidence.
And I've yet to hear how fps sales numbers relate to a fp rpg.
There's market overlap. There always has been.

The Witcher and Dark Souls did the same thing, crossing over action audiences with RPG audiences. People don't usually tend to stick to very narrow, compartmentalized genres.

Let's not make this a dick measuring contest. A big amount of people are happy the way things are looking like right now. A big amount aren't as happy, if at all. CDPR believes that FPP is completely the only way to go, but people are split. Some people can't play FP because of motion sickness, others don't want to only look at your hands after making their entire character look cool.

Vattier, flat out, said:
We understand your concerns and we value your feedback about TPP - we'll keep it in mind. Thank you!

We can't know if 3rd person will be included at all. We'll get a better idea about the situation when more gameplay reveals come out.

Let's just remember that we all love cyberpunk and the devs care about what we think because we all want a fuckin awesome game. Let's make this a positive discussion for change that everyone can enjoy.

Guest 3573786

There's market overlap. There always has been.

The Witcher and Dark Souls did the same thing, crossing over action audiences with RPG audiences. People don't usually tend to stick to very narrow, compartmentalized genres.
Yep, there sure was and no doubt many fps players will play and enjoy C2077. That still doesnt get you closer to proving the majority of players interested in this don't have a problem with fp. I can likewise claim the majority of C2077 interested people are Witcher fans and have been expecting third person. But without actual evidence, why would I?

in the real world we put on clothes and manners and we get angry not to see us in 3 people ..... angry and dizzy

ATLEAST have the option to go third person. I know it might be against your artistic and design decisions, but for people who either just don't find the appeal of first person games or those who just flat out cannot enjoy it due to motion sickness reasons, this would give them the opportunity to enjoy the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom