FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was presumptuous of us to assume that this game would be third person, to be sure. However, given the success CDPR has had with the Witcher titles (all third person) and the statement "expect nothing less than the Witcher 3" (yes, yes, I know they were talking about DLC practices and not camera perspective), we all assumed that meant the perspective would be the same. I think the concern is that CDPR said "this is first person" and basically dropped the mike. I would have preferred to get this info either A) earlier or B) with a spoonful of gameplay. Cyberpunk is nothing if not visual and since the RPG experience is absorbed through the character, I think we are all wondering how less "visual" of the character is necessarily the right move here. Also, though this is a new IP (to gaming) we've had years to think about how this might look, so those of us that had more firmly grained ideas regarding the perspective, it's like hearing KOTOR 3 would be in first person. (Which, come to think about it, KOTOR 2 did have a static FP option....)

There's also another cheeky possibility: you have to buy third-person mode. No, not as DLC, just in-game. It's actually just a mobile camera mode.

Sort of like this:
Or this:

It seems to me a big portion of this backlash could have been avoided by simply stating a "first person RPG experience" or something like that in the first place instead of keeping the cards so close to the chest. If this was decided early on in the development or at least when it first became apparent. It's best to let us down easy instead of building up our expectations.

That said, I haven't heard one good example why this game must be FP. Unless for technical reasons this would call for a complete overhaul, I would suggest spending the extra time and money and make everyone happy, which will see a reward on the back end. It would give a chance for the team to prove they're still number one for customer service and haven't gotten too big to care like many past companies have done. Otherwise a large chunk of sales loss should be expected.

Even dialogue scenes are first person the demo talks about having an eye implant and its all done from fpp like being strapped to a dentist chair you are v and you see the world through his eyes like we do our own.

I would not. The more online features a game has, the more singleplayer experience suffers.
If the game is designed to play it alone there's no need to be worried, coop features just will add fun and would make people to play the game for long time.

I just want to throw my strong support for first person focus, with a possible option of third person out there

I'm personally far more immersed in a game that's first person, and things like implants that affect what you see and how you see would feel absolutely not feel immersive to me and many other players if this all happened in third person, let alone things like enjoyable first person gunplay and driving elements too, and really experiencing the game directly from your character's point of view

I appreciate that people want third person, but I hope the game will stick to being first person focused, with a possible option to go into third person, but not a switch up forced third person only change to the game, I imagine it's probably too late to make such a radical change anyway, so the option for it would be great, but I absolutely believe in having it be first person focused

I think we should trust CDPR devs guys, Im sure they will consider people's opinion about the camera perspective, It will be more fair if they can make both perspectives FP and TP so people have choice and pick whatever they prefer, I think it's way better than oppress a camera that a lot of fans dislike.

I just want to throw my strong support for first person focus, with a possible option of third person out there

I'm personally far more immersed in a game that's first person, and things like implants that affect what you see and how you see would feel absolutely not feel immersive to me and many other players if this all happened in third person, let alone things like enjoyable first person gunplay and driving elements too, and really experiencing the game directly from your character's point of view

I appreciate that people want third person, but I hope the game will stick to being first person focused, with a possible option to go into third person, but not a switch up forced third person only change to the game, I imagine it's probably too late to make such a radical change anyway, so the option for it would be great, but I absolutely believe in having it be first person focused

Absolutely. This forum is the first i've heard about the UI elements and if the FP is necessary for their "vision" (forgive the pun), then so be it. I just don't want to have to go into a menu, cutscene, mirror or go into cover to see my character. Even though Deus Ex: HR and MD only had 2 or 3 character customization options, it drove me nuts that I could only see them (partially) by going into cover. And the takedowns? So cool looking, but from FP, *press takedown button*, black screen, third person takedown, black screen, and then back into FP? Not a fan.

I can very well tell why for imersion perposes that they went with a first person perpesctive. 3/4 of the cyber optics from the original pnp rpg would only work or best be displayed in a first person perpesctive.

...I imagine it's probably too late to make such a radical change anyway, so the option for it would be great...

Rockstar updated GTA5 post launch to support First person perspective, and that was probably harder when you take into account iron sights, drivable vehicles, snapping to cover, and head gear over the player's face. i'd be completely ok with waiting a tad longer to get something that will make everyone happy, and give us the ability to choose between which perspective to play with. That's not a bad thing is it?

Even dialogue scenes are first person the demo talks about having an eye implant and its all done from fpp like being strapped to a dentist chair you are v and you see the world through his eyes like we do our own.
Have you played MGS5? Tpp game with fpp elements. At the beginning of game you are in hospital bed and you see everything in fpp. There is really not a problem to have game in fpp and tpp and have very immersive moments when we see world from our characters eyes.

Absolutely. This forum is the first i've heard about the UI elements and if the FP is necessary for their "vision" (forgive the pun), then so be it. I just don't want to have to go into a menu, cutscene, mirror or go into cover to see my character. Even though Deus Ex: HR and MD only had 2 or 3 character customization options, it drove me nuts that I could only see them (partially) by going into cover. And the takedowns? So cool looking, but from FP, *press takedown button*, black screen, third person takedown, black screen, and then back into FP? Not a fan.

You do realize that's exactly what you're going to have to do to see your character? We won't be able to see them in FPP while in-game (we'll probably have to go into a menu to see what our character looks like). Or that's how it appears from the info that's been released thus far. We should know more tomorrow, I'm thinking, as various reporters, both game mag and you tube, have had time to digest everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom