FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you thank you thank you for making 1st person, thinking it would be 3rd like WItcher or forece turning to 3rd person when in cover like deus ex was only thing making me less hyped before, now I super pumped! it's gonna be PERFECT! I can't wait! I cannot stress enough how important having first person in rpgs is to me, so thank you! <3

Cutscenes are hand crafted one-offs that are designed in digital timelines with motion captured movement.

So, no. It's not even remotely the same.

Yes. But they have all needed instruments for creating TPP. And already implemented this in cut scenes and possibly dialogues.

I think you are wrong. It makes no sense to make them all pre-rendered because of character customisation.

I see you haven't played many games before. You can have fixed pre-rendered scenes with character customization. They are just character models.

I have serious problems with 1st person games, I can play Elder scrolls and fallout couse it can be set in third person , I can't play 1st person games like crysis or far cry couse it gives me heavy motion sickness...

I don't care if you put 1st as long as you put third person too !!! Or I won't be able to buy and play ...

Add third person like for Skyrim please!

Watching your custom character is not how to be immersed in a game. There are plenty of first person games that are perfectly fine with immersion because of gameplay and story, NOT because you can look at your character. Dying Light, Far Cry, Crysis, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Metro... I could gladly keep listing games.
All of them shooters, don't you know Mass Effect? that's the perfect example to define a RPG with guns and its in TPP

I think you are wrong. It makes no sense to make them all pre-rendered because of character customisation.

CDPR has a lengthy GDC talk about how they do exactly what you hope they don't.

Every cutscene is a hand crafted event on a timeline totally separate from the rest of the game. The characters are placed into a scene, and a set of third person animations are used to animate everything.

An option would be great. Similar to Fallout 4, Skyrim, GTA 5. I play all of them in third person even if it is inferior than first person. I like seeing my character when I equip something new and I get less motion sickness from TPP. Give us the choice please.

Я из россии. Английский не знаю, пишу с переводчика.
Дорогие разработчики, пожалуйста, добавьте в игру вид от 3 лица!!! Я безумно влюбился в вашу игру, но если в ней не будет вида от 3 лица, я просто даже не стану в неё играть... Пожалуйста, прислушайтесь к игрокам, и дайте им возможность выбирать самим, от какого лица играть. Будет безумно обидно, если такой проект не будет включать в себя вид от 3 лица. Такая игра 100% в первую очередь должна иметь вид от 3 лица, без которого полноценное ощущение мира и главного героя просто не будет! Ещё раз прошу вас дорогие разработчики, прислушайтесь к игрокам, и добавьте пожалуйста вид от 3 лица!
--------------------------------
I'm from Russia. I do not know English, I'm writing with an interpreter.
Dear developers, please add to the game the view from 3 persons !!! I fell madly in love with your game, but if it does not have a 3-person view, I just will not even play it ... Please listen to the players and let them choose which person to play. It will be insanely insulting if such a project does not include a view from 3 persons. Such a game 100% in the first place should have a view from 3 persons, without which a full sense of peace and the protagonist will simply not be! Once again, I ask you dear developers, listen to the players, and please add a kind from 3 persons!

I see you haven't played many games before. You can have fixed pre-rendered scenes with character customization. They are just character models.

Like in W3 when you choose alternative look for characters and in cut scenes they are in differnet ones. Made by CD Project.

So many people here don't know how changing perspective in a tailored perceptive game works.

No, i don’t know how, but my guess is it’s going to be a lot of reworks if they have to implement TPP in tailored FP perspective. As i said though, if they can manage to put an option to it then that would help me and many others a lot. Still, i don’t know how they gonna pull it off or they ever gonna do it at all. Just wishful thinking at this point.

we are living in time with a great possibilities in gaming. you can do a lot of things making the game, and adding BOTH TPP and FPP is becoming a standard now. look at GTA 5 and Star Citizen
I just think this game deserves both. I honestly enjoyed how bayek moved in assasins creed origins, it was absolutely great, now that is immersion, and I really think that CB2077 deserves this possibility

I think that CDPR should make the game as they planned till now and just add a possibility to turn to TPP. Lets say you press L on keyboard and you see a character from behind the back. fight broke down and games zoom to shoulder like in mass effect or division. you press L one more time and you have FPP only. Now that would be something this game deserves

Personalty i like the idea of first person in RPG i would like to keep it for vehicles too ,changing to TP entering cars would break immersion . I'm looking forward for new VR tech that Red team is surly working on, it could be game change if correctly implemented .

CDPR has a lengthy GDC talk about how they do exactly what you hope they don't.

Every cutscene is a hand crafted event on a timeline totally separate from the rest of the game. The characters are placed into a scene, and a set of third person animations are used to animate everything.

They are pre made, not pre rendered. Pre-rendering something is completely different thing.

The Borderlands franchise is and has always been a first person shooter open world RPG game. A shooter doesn't take away from it. Don't try and twist my words.
That really makes me laugh, seriously a role play shooter isn't a Role Playing Game, even not an action RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom