FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That really makes me laugh, seriously a role play shooter isn't a Role Playing Game, even not an action RPG
that's great, except you said...
Every open world game need a TPP, it's not about immersion, it's about gameplay, you need to see your character interact with the environment.
NOWHERE did you specify RPG. You simply said Open World. All of our examples are valid, because YOU set the specificity of "Open World", not RPG.

I'm sooooo happy they finaly got rid of TPP. It was the only issue I had with TW3.

Over 40% people voted for TPP? Awesome. It proves nothing, because there's one simple reason behind this score - mostly angry people will vote thinking that they can change anything.

Most people that are happy with this decision will be just... happy, and will move on to more important aspects fo an ROLE PLAYING GAME, like: charackter creation, lifepath choices, skills and traits available in the game.

So go ahead and be "angry" because there's no TPP (which is annoying, counter intuitive and either reveals too much or blocks too much). Rest of player base is happy.

Given the FOV sliders can - occasionally - mitigate the motion sickness people like myself feel when attempting to play games presented in the first person, I do hope that CDPR include them in CP77.

That really makes me laugh, seriously a role play shooter isn't a Role Playing Game, even not an action RPG

Allow me to provide exhibit A.
Borderlands 1.png

Not convinced? Let's go exhibit B.
Borderlands 2.png

Still not convinced? Well lucky for you here is exhibit C.
Borderlands 3.png

Not going to bother reading all these? I got you covered. Exhibit D.
Borderlands 4.png

A game is not just an FPS because you decide so. Like I said, Borderlands IS and always WAS an FPS RPG game. Your argument holds little ground.

that's great, except you said...

NOWHERE did you specify RPG. You simply said Open World. All of our examples are valid, because YOU set the specificity of "Open World", not RPG.
I don't have to say what's obvious, in that case I would say that CP need a TPP because GTA V is also an open world game, we're talking about RPGs right?

As another user has suggested, I think empathy may play a role in this in my experience as whenever I play a game in FPP (Borderlands for instance) I never feel as if what is happening to the character whose eyes I am supposedly gazing out of is happening to me where as in a TPP game like MGSV I feel much more connected to the character that I am controlling.
Maybe you should play first person games that are actually trying to elicit emotions. You just chose Borderlands as your example of whether or not an first person game could make you feel. Like, seriously? The entire game world is a tongue in cheek joke.

The only here who can't identify game genres it's you the only biased person.

I have provided games that are FPS RPG games as you requested fitting your terrible criteria. Go do your research on these games, otherwise stop wasting my time.

I don't have to say what's obvious, in that case I would say that CP need a TPP because GTA V is also an open world game, we're talking about RPGs right?
It would only be obivious if there werent a TON of open world action games that aren't RPGs. You assumed something based on ignorance of the open world genre and got bit.

Just take the L.

Allow me to provide exhibit A.
View attachment 10970432

Not convinced? Let's go exhibit B.
View attachment 10970435

Still not convinced? Well lucky for you here is exhibit C.
View attachment 10970438

Not going to bother reading all these? I got you covered. Exhibit D.
View attachment 10970441

A game is not just an FPS because you decide so. Like I said, Borderlands IS and always WAS an FPS RPG game. Your argument holds little ground.
It's more shooter than RPG all your arguments are wrong.

It's more shooter than RPG all your arguments are wrong.

Prove it. That's like me saying God of War is more angry man smashing than RPG, Last of Us is more killing than RPG, Uncharted is more QTE than RPG, Dead Space is more stomping than RPG.

Think carefully about your next reply.

I'm sooooo happy they finaly got rid of TPP. It was the only issue I had with TW3.

Over 40% people voted for TPP? Awesome. It proves nothing, because there's one simple reason behind this score - mostly angry people will vote thinking that they can change anything.

Most people that are happy with this decision will be just... happy, and will move on to more important aspects fo an ROLE PLAYING GAME, like: charackter creation, lifepath choices, skills and traits available in the game.

So go ahead and be "angry" because there's no TPP (which is annoying, counter intuitive and either reveals too much or blocks too much). Rest of player base is happy.

People are different as well as their choices of preference. And some people like me, that have motion sickness, can never enjoy First-Person games.

I’m happy for you though. This game will be awesome i’m sure.

It would only be obivious if there werent a TON of open world action games that aren't RPGs. You assumed something based on ignorance of the open world genre and got bit.

Just take the L.
Comparing Far Cry with CP2077 was your doom.

I think the main reason so many are upset is because CDPR led many to beleve you would be able to switch between both P.O.Vs. I also think they way the news was delivered upset a lot of people we've waited years for literally any information on the game and instead CDPR telling us they changed their minds we had to find out from Journalist. I was already a disappointed with the second trailer because it really didn't look that close to graphics seen in teaser as they said it would. The game's graphics look a lot like WatchDogs 2 and they focused more on the day than nightlife. The immersion defense doesn't work with me if they wanted such an immersive player experience then we shouldn't have a voiced protagonist. A non voiced protagonist allows for us have more interesting and personal dialogue options. I trust CDPR though so far haven't given me reason not to so i'm still gonna get the game. By the way I know Cyperpunk isn't always night time but I feel night city really pops at night and art style they're going with.

I love when people who joined this forum yesterday are telling me and other people who would like to see tpp option in this game, that we are just part of "vocal minority" and they are "tru" fans and shit. Could you please stop with this stupid argumet? No? Yes? Ok, thank you.

Prove it. That's like me saying God of War is more angry man smashing than RPG, Last of Us is more killing than RPG, Uncharted is more QTE than RPG, Dead Space is more stomping than RPG.

Think carefully about your next reply.
Lmao what are the categories...I guess technically borderlands is a FPSRPG but still you gotta admit it's just A FPS with a tacked on skill system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom