FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's the fact that it's a FPP. I think it really took off and when a rep said that the game will be more immersive as a FPS that's totally subjective though. So it kinda rubbed people the wrong way

Well I was here like right when the thread started and I can tell ya at first it was a normal thread of people talking about their wants ,but then a rep came and made a statement saying that the choice for FPP was because it is more immersive. I think you can agree that's subjective. After that it kinda blew up with reasons why FPP was or wasn't immersive for them. Then personal battles started to happen after that mods showed up started giving out bans and erasing comments lol

Yep, I absolutely agree that camera persepective effects on immersion is very subjective. Yet again I'd also argue that immersion goes way way deeper than a camera placement. Again there's little to no point to so vehemently argue about this topic. I do feel for those who get motion sickness from it though, I do, however, believe this can be remedied with a FOV, head bob slider and such.

P.S. That's exactly how any heated discussion develops :) Nothing new here, thanks for telling me about it though.

no, not the majority.
real RPG players already used to First Person RPG - Arx Fatalis, Lands of Lore, Might & Magic, Stonekeep, Ultima Underworld, Eye of the Beholder, Ishar, Wizardry, The Bard's Tale, Arena, Daggerfall, Deus Ex, System Shock.
and those people don't have any problem between First Person and Third Person games.

Only the vocal minority here cries about First Person view.

I must agree with this. You even forgot to mention the most sold series named Elder Scrolls (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim). You can love them or hate them, but they are all first person perspective, and all undoubtedly open world RPGs.

Why would you be unhappy with an option you don't have to use? How is it too late when they haven't announced a release date?

I explained why more than once already. Read my previous posts.

They didn't. But if any of you prefer them to waste time on adding TPP instead of actualy creating the game, I feel sorry for you.

Guys we all know what the real issue here is:

art by GoodspeedSaintJaguar on Discord

I also hope there would be an option for both at least. I quite liked Deus Ex Human Revolution but it was too much of a shooter. I feel more comfortable in TP especially when character development is important and of course for customization reasons.

But it seems that the game will be more shooter than RPG anyway.

Another game i was hyped about and was unable to play was Kingdom deliverance ...People was crying for choice but developers said:" Fack u" .

As we lived in Social justice time I as disabled gamer demend my rights ! GIVE AS TP! :p:p
- women wanted more famale in games- they got
- people of color wants more diversity- they got that too
- people with motion sickness too have their rights XD or we are "worser "

The community on the KC:D forum was very vocal about the fact that they wanted the game in first person only especially the original kickstarter backers. The devs actually listened to the community they didn't say "fuck you" to anyone since the game was promised as 1st person only.

It’s guaranteed to not sell much.
prove it.

It’ll probably sell as much as Far Cry 5. That disaster. They COULD do wayyy better.
disaster?

https://www.pcgamer.com/far-cry-5s-week-one-sales-more-than-doubled-those-of-far-cry-4/

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/far-cry-5-is-the-series-fastest-selling-game-ever/1100-6457933/

What a flop, it only obliterated it's predecessor's sales numbers.

also, lets look at total sales.

The Witcher 3, CD Projekt's biggest hit, sold 7.53 million total copies to date.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=the+witcher+3

That's over 3 years of release.

Far Cry 5 sold 3.83 million copies....as PREORDERS.

They don't even have post launch numbers available.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/games.php?name=far+cry+5

Im sure Cd Projekt would be just fine selling as many copies as Far Cry 5 did.

Obviously the majority says they want TPP so what’s your argument?
that 300 people on a forum isn't representative of a multi million strong player base.

Are you working on the game? Who are you people to say how much time they have to add something to the game.
I don't need to work on the game to understand the logistics behind changing something. Do you understand game design at all? or even programming? it's not as simple as "lets just add it".

I must agree with this. You even forgot to mention the most sold series named Elder Scrolls (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim). You can love them or hate them, but they are all first person perspective, and all undoubtedly open world RPGs.
And third person!!!!

I guess you’re employed at CDPR. If you don’t agree with adding TPP then just exit the forums otherwise you’re just on here being a douche and taking pleasure in responding to people’s hopes. Have you ever designed a game In your life? You probably don’t even know what you said. FPP combat is just fine but walking and running and exploring should at least be TPP. I don’t wanna just see the character I spent two hours on in a mirror that I may rarely see. You don’t know how easy or hard it is to add something or how much time they have. That’s why they’re the professionals and you’re not. Please just exit and stop trolling.

Ah yes. I like FPP which means I work for CDPR. Also, having different opinion is trolling now. This is your typical argument in every conversation or what?

I don't care what you want from this game. I'm happy with no TPP, because it was only thing I didn't liked in TW3. Adding TPP now, simply because small group of people wants it without any VALID reason would be just a waste of resources and time.

Actually I have motion sickness, so it would be impossible for me playing it on first person.
Also, this game will be rich both in texturization and modelling, so its ridiculous not showing your character on screen. What about character customization??? Im eager to create my own Cyberpunk look! On FPS certainly it will be absolutely pointless. Double loss.

Plase CDPR, make it on TP. On TP you guys even would have massive more sales, due to GTA V players who are tired of that universe, poor in customization. Just think about it.

Last edited:
I'm still puzzled by the whole "you get to customize your character but most of the gameplay is in first person."
Remind of that Aliens game where they give you a that awesome smartgun but only let you use it for 5 minutes :confused:
I dunno, maybe they read the YT comments about similarities to gta/watchdogs and wanted to move away from that with fpp :cautious:

Wow, really?
Well, to say this is a huge disappointment would be an understatement...

Yeah maybe their vision is : an RPG cut scenes and an fps shooter.. I just erased cyberpunk from my mind already from the stuff I read, if you all search gaming articles already made new leaks about the game, because CD-PROJEKT RED showcased a 50 minutes gameplay behind the scenes and they all say : its not what you expecting... Its like an fps shooter with some rpg elements nothing special. So the reason WHY THEY WILL NOT LISTEN to user feedback, is because they focus into pew pew boom boom and not the RPG elements.. If they impliment 3rd person view, they have to spend more money into building more rpg elements and more mechanics, something not in their mind...

CU guys I will read the forums and I will post again if they ever implement fully functional 3rd person view.. Till then arevuar... Not wasting money into fps games, did in the past and I have them boxed/never opened and forgotten... NOT MY CUP OF TEA

ps: you can read some more info here with gameplay experience https://www.gameinformer.com/preview/2018/06/12/impressions-and-details-from-50-minutes-of-gameplay

I also need to say sorry to CDPR but it was advertized for many years as an RPG and now we see a different game and with a different direction... If we knew from the beginning that your going for an fps, I wouldnt bother at all.

Last edited:
I explained why more than once already. Read my previous posts.

They didn't. But if any of you prefer them to waste time on adding TPP instead of actualy creating the game, I feel sorry for you.
Ok you're right man take it easy :)

I guess you’re employed at CDPR. If you don’t agree with adding TPP then just exit the forums otherwise you’re just on here being a douche and taking pleasure in responding to people’s hopes. Have you ever designed a game In your life? You probably don’t even know what you said. FPP combat is just fine but walking and running and exploring should at least be TPP. I don’t wanna just see the character I spent two hours on in a mirror that I may rarely see. You don’t know how easy or hard it is to add something or how much time they have. That’s why they’re the professionals and you’re not. Please just exit and stop trolling.

Wow - This is really over the top. This guy has a view point you do not agree with, but he is just as entitled to represent his viewpoint as you are.

prove it.

disaster?

https://www.pcgamer.com/far-cry-5s-week-one-sales-more-than-doubled-those-of-far-cry-4/

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/far-cry-5-is-the-series-fastest-selling-game-ever/1100-6457933/

What a flop, it only obliterated it's predecessor's sales numbers.

also, lets look at total sales.

The Witcher 3, CD Projekt's biggest hit, sold 7.53 million total copies to date.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=the+witcher+3

That's over 3 years of release.

Far Cry 5 sold 3.83 million copies....as PREORDERS.

They don't even have post launch numbers available.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/games.php?name=far+cry+5

Im sure Cd Projekt would be just fine selling as many copies as Far Cry 5 did.

that 300 people on a forum isn't representative of a multi million strong player base.

I don't need to work on the game to understand the logistics behind changing something. Do you understand game design at all? or even programming? it's not as simple as "lets just add it".
As I said if you disagree just exit this topic you’re wasting your own time. You coming with your statistics and screw them demeanor won’t stop us from asking for TPP. Just go to another topic. I pray they see this topic and delay it to work on it, and release it when EVERYONE is happy. Have a nice day.

The community on the KC:D forum was very vocal about the fact that they wanted the game in first person only especially the original kickstarter backers. The devs actually listened to the community they didn't say "fuck you" to anyone since the game was promised as 1st person only.
The difference here is that this wasn't a kickstarter game, it was financed in house. That point is irrelevant. No one paid CD Projekt ahead of time to make a certain game. They made the game they wanted to and its your prerogative on whether you're buying it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom