FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's not a suitable perspective for every player, you disagree but give no arguments that support your opinion. Give me an example of a TPP perspective shooter where there are cramped spaces.
Resident Evil 4/5 and MGS series comes to mind I could probably look some more up but that's just off the top of my head. Also how do you know this game will have cramped spaces? What's you definition of cramped spaces?examples please

Great, now everybody is in panic about FPP or TPP. We saw nothing about gameplay, only the few chosen one, that now say what they remember from 45 min demo.
Just wait and chill down, we waited so long we can still wait a bit longer for the game.

But when I hear first person role playing game in cyberpunk world I just remember one game until today and it was awesome.
It's Deus Ex but the one from year 2000. Not the color full shooters from 2011 but the old school one.

Just remember, it comes when it's ready :)

Are you working on the game? Who are you people to say how much time they have to add something to the game.
I don't need to work on the game to understand the logistics behind changing something. Do you understand game design at all? or even programming? it's not as simple as "lets just add it".

As someone who understands game design and game programming I can give you some reasons or differences for one or the other.

FP needs less animations for the main character than TP but if you have a lot of cut scenes and a ton of NPCs the extra effort decreases more and more.
As there is character customization it doesn't make much difference if you can see the character during game play or not.
You can save a bit performance by not rendering the main character (which has to have lots of detail as the camera is near him).
Camera is one of the biggest points, in FPS you have the total control over what the player sees. You can make the character look at something and the player sees it also. This gives you a lot of possibilities for story telling. In TP the player can easily miss something or if you interrupt gameplay (happens also at forced view in FP) for a short cut scene, the interrupt in TP usually feels harder than in FP. Also a small interrupt in FP can be really short, just a few seconds and the player would not really feel it. A cut scene of a few seconds is still a cut scene.

Also camera movement/control is a bit more complex. in FPS the camera = player, the camera is limited to the player movement. In Tp you have to have character movement and camera movement, you have to take care what happens in small rooms/when the camera collides with walls. Also the camera can see things the character doesn't see, so they also have to be there. In FP you can spare out parts of the environment that can't be seen.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot dialogs, it is less immersion breaking if you just focus the FP camera on a person and just do the dialog than switching to a special dialog view in TP, it is also easier to implement and you don't have to do face animation/lip sync for the main character.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s guaranteed to not sell much. It’ll probably sell as much as Far Cry 5. That disaster.

It would do pretty damn well if it sold as much as Far Cry 5 considering Far Cry 5 is the best selling game of 2018 and outsold Witcher 3 in almost every single metric.

Please let us choose how we play the game. I personally prefer third person much more. :( I'm very sad to hear, that cyberpunk 2077 only has first person.
Great to hear that you have much options for character customization, but how that, when i can see the character only in cut-scenes. I also have fun seeing my characters fighting styles when doing martial arts and fighting with cyberblades. I miss that in first person. So please add third person too.

I will say that we should respect CDPR decision. Everyone who wants third person should understand that this game is not new Witcher. They say that FP was very big decision they made and i'm sure they know what they are doing. Its already confirmed that we will be able to see our character from different perspective so all customization will be observable.

Making FP now means a lot of new work for CDPR - changing animations, mechanics and a lot of things like this.

CDPR have a massive credit of trust i think everyone will agree. I'm sure that they are doing everything as it should be.

Guys.... easy m kay?

Just give the option to switch between first and third person, problem solved, right?
Implying ofc the third person users wont get any problems in close quarter areas ;)

So long

Well, thank you CDPR, for giving illusion of hope for good future in gaming. Cyberpunk was the only thing that i liked on last E3 and... Not expected so brutal dagger in the back from you. Probably never gonna play, and i surely will tell all my friends not to buy this game.

Hello, depression.

Guys.... easy m kay?

Just give the option to switch between first and third person, problem solved, right?
Implying ofc the third person users wont get any problems in close quarter areas ;)

So long
Easier said than done. These guys are in the same crowd as the lot who just wanted the scope to zoom in instead of the entire screen when it came to first person shooters.

Just compare First Person vs Third Person...
First Person:
nLozmLk.jpgCoDWW2PC_11.jpg2565319-bf4+2013-10-29+22-01-38-74.jpg
Third Person:
Witcher3.jpgTLOUR-510.jpgRedDeadRedemption-01-04-10-004.jpeg

Well, thank you CDPR, for giving illusion of hope for good future in gaming. Cyberpunk was the only thing that i liked on last E3 and... Not expected so brutal dagger in the back from you. Probably never gonna play, and i surely will tell all my friends not to buy this game.

Hello, depression.

Illusion of hope? I hate to burst your bubble but CDPR never made any promises. They released a teaser showing effectively nothing and went silent. You can't make out anything from it apart from setting. All those wild expectations people fabricated were based on what they want in a dream game, not that CDPR promised it. CDPR did nothing wrong, you expected something that they never said would be in the game.

Your disappointment is all on you, not CDPR.

Hello, depression.

Imagine being depressed and taking revenge on a video games studio because they didn't implement the camera you wanted.

Sadly the sole usage of FPP confirms that CDPR took a neoreactionary view of the setting where ego and selfishness of those at the top are mirrored in the protagonist who will only function as a sole ego and who will seemingly abandon all the lower class solidarity inherent to the genre.

It's yet another case of the corporate subversion of the anti-corporate.

Great, now everybody is in panic about FPP or TPP. We saw nothing about gameplay, only the few chosen one, that now say what they remember from 45 min demo.
Just wait and chill down, we waited so long we can still wait a bit longer for the game.

There was panic for the "too much sun" in the trailer, now this (and I agree with people here btw, I too would've preferred TPP. I found FPP to be "tiresome" in an open world). The thread about the potential downgrade or the lack of modding are going to be legendary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom