FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi CD Projekt Red,

I am a fan of your witcher series games and this is the first time I went into your company website, made an account just to comment on this matter. I heard CyberPunk is going to be a first-person view. ( only? )

I would be disappointed given one of the reasons why I loved the witcher is because of its 3rd person view. I hope you could consider giving two choices with the third-person view by default.
how nice and polite, i wish the whole thread was like this

Last edited:
Different people have different priorities in the games. I'm sure some of them are serious about not playing at all because of FFP. Some are just hoping for a change.

Aside from the people who have motion sickness,I pity someone that's serious about not buying a game due to the first person perspective,without even having seen the game. Sad people

Sorry, but no! I don't want V. to take half of screen space, her/his back is not that important to look at. I know console players love that, but it baffles me why would anyone thing that's a good thing. Talk about sickness, I had HUGE problems playing Batman Arkham City, because I couldn't orient myself and fov was terrible. Batman took HALF of the bloody screen!:mad:

I must say that most of the arguments in favor of TPP is very weak and non-factual. It's basically a bunch of people who prefer TPP and are angry because they can't have their way. I would prefer FPP in all games, but I guess most developers don't give a damn about that. As for those who get motion sickness, I understand that.. it's tough, but that's the way it is in life. You can't have everything..
Well guess what buddy you WILL STILL HAVE FPP...This is a way to add TPP as an OPTION NOT REPLACE FPP

Games like Witcher 3 ,Horizon Zero Dawn and the like work very well in 3rd person because of the combat style..swords and the like.
But a game involving gun play..it's only best played in first person

Man, I literally said that I am not worried for Gun Play but for Melee. Just look at the 2013 trailer, how can a character like that be as enjoyable in first person as in third? I don't think it can.

Personally hoping that they'll change their minds about the locked perspectives and make it possible for us to switch between First Person and Third Person, according to personal preference for different situations. In my experience, First Person perspective doesn't lend itself well to certain things, such as melee combat for example.

Personally hoping that they'll change their minds about the locked perspectives and make it possible for us to switch between First Person and Third Person, according to personal preference for different situations. In my experience, First Person perspective doesn't lend itself well to certain things, such as melee combat for example.

Have you played Dying Light? Is Skyrim and Witcher the only games you played in your lifes?

There would be a lot of work because the game is designed as first person, it's not just a style choice.
Augmentations affect your vision, hud is a cyber enhancement by itself, you need completely fluid vision control to appreciate the landscape, etc.
There's also no redesign, as early as 2013 we knew the game would be mixed fps and third person with fps being main one.
Every single dialog and every single time you get on your car the game goes third person, that's what we know so far.
Not to mention the recent interview
Game is first person, game is designed around first person, deal with it, adding/changing to third person would mean completely changing the hud, the way enhancements are added, vertical design, pretty much everything to make sure it works correctly and many things would get cut.

I find it INSANE that people would rather have a delayed, cut content and not close to the dev vision project instead of what the devs want just because of their own selfish views on what the game should be.

This guy has a really good point. I agree with his sentiment; CDPR have even stated "It's an RPG 'FIRST" which in my mind alleviated the awkwardness of it being FPP. Dying light was FPP and was amazing, to which was also somewhat a FPP RPG. Considering CDPR's track record I highly doubt this game in it's current state will be anything but amazing.

I admit I too was one of those guys who wanted TPP but after a night of thinking, reflecting and listening to the words of CDPR I have since retracted and am in a state of: "Ahh yes this will still be amazing."

With that being said all of you who are still stubborn in wanting TPP....please stop.

Last edited:
Sorry, but no! I don't want V. to take half of screen space, her/his back is not that important to look at. I know console players love that, but it baffles me why would anyone thing that's a good thing. Talk about sickness, I had HUGE problems playing Batman Arkham City, because I couldn't orient myself and fov was terrible. Batman took HALF of the bloody screen!:mad:

I must say that most of the arguments in favor of TPP is very weak and non-factual.

Did you play The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt?

Does the <Cyberpunk 2077> change according to the result of this vote?

Unlikely. I suspect something went wrong during production process, maybe some wrong design decisions, maybe organisation problems (they explicitly said the scale of Cyberpunk is so huge they are going into unknown), maybe great looking things on paper didn't work so well in practice. Each time you make a mistake you waste some time and resources, and at some point you end being forced to cut some things. The same happened to W3 and many, many other games.

Now they're just telling us, out of nowhere, that they're making another type of game. This is beyond lack of communication
This is not so simple. They cannot tell many things publicly, because investors may destroy their finances, because rage and misinformation may destroy their reputation.
This is really though situation for them, but nothing new in this industry.

Keep calm and try to see this situation in wider context.

There would be a lot of work because the game is designed as first person, it's not just a style choice.
Augmentations affect your vision, hud is a cyber enhancement by itself, you need completely fluid vision control to appreciate the landscape, etc.
There's also no redesign, as early as 2013 we knew the game would be mixed fps and third person with fps being main one.
Every single dialog and every single time you get on your car the game goes third person, that's what we know so far.
Not to mention the recent interview
Game is first person, game is designed around first person, deal with it, adding/changing to third person would mean completely changing the hud, the way enhancements are added, vertical design, pretty much everything to make sure it works correctly and many things would get cut.

I find it INSANE that people would rather have a delayed, cut content and not close to the dev vision project instead of what the devs want just because of their own selfish views on what the game should be.

Can I decide what to do by myself? I think it's my business to dealt with it or not.

Adding TPP IS essentially replacing FPP as it requires redesigning the game. You cannot just simply tack it on.
I've been reading your comments and have been holding off on saying anything but you are making bold claims about having to redesign a game. If you believe that then god help your soul but I'm not gunna argue with you and that ridiculous statement.

Yeah get back to me when it's actually released and working bug free and doesn't look like garbage

It would probably take time, but 90% of the time it will take is because of the combat system that would have to be remade (because it's strictly linked to mouse pointer to hit and parry).
Provided that this game won't have the same -horrible- system of that one, making a bethesda style third person should not be too hard, and shouldn't require remaking the whole game. It probably wouldnt be great, it will probably take some time and money to do it, but ultimately would make everyone happy.

Calm down guys, wait until you see the game in motion at least before you ready your pitch forks :D

Ego perspective works fine in plenty of other rpgs and on a positive note, the world will have to be much more interactive for a FPP to work well so get excited for that ;)

Why are you so sure about that ? They've built up a community, sure, but with expectations. Now they're just telling us, out of nowhere, that they're making another type of game. This is beyond lack of communication

so what? are u suprised about that, cdpr never was that big about comunication. also i think that they quite honestly could get a couple million more sells bc of the fpp, the amount of casual gamers that enjoy that perspective is quite large i imagin, if u look at what is generally popular around the world

I've been reading your comments and have been holding off on saying anything but you are making bold claims about having to redesigning a game. If you believe that then god help your soul but I'm not gunna argue with you and that ridiculous statement.
I'm not a game developer but I develop software. You obviously don't know anything about how development works.

Calm down guys, wait until you see the game in motion at least before you ready your pitch forks :D

Ego perspective works fine in plenty of other rpgs and on a positive note, the world will have to be much more interactive for a FPP to work well so get excited for that ;)

It would be if it was VR.
But combat, expecially melee combat, in first person would be annoying as hell, even if i did not suffer from motion sickness.

Last edited:
It's all well and good but why not choose a top-down-isometric camera CDPR?

What about people with both first person AND third person motion sickness? Hmmm?

Why don't you care about your fanbase like that and how dare you make design decisions that go against what I myself personally like?

Jokes aside, I know people who really suffer from motion sickness in both views, and they can effectively only play games with top-down cameras such as Diablo. What I'm trying to say is : you can never please everybody and have to make decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom