FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest 4311839

I THINK it is a mistake to lock in to FPP and a large amount of people seem to be in the same boat based on the few hundred poll responses so far.
Sorry but i think dat large amount is still minority. Many may still wait for actually seeing gameplay, many don't care dat much and some don't like FPP, some would prefer TPP but not really very disappointed for FPP. If really large number would be pissed off it would be all you see in dislikes and comments on youtube and others social media. You imagined game being 3rd person shooter/rpg on past to CDPR games its understandable.

Also it's very suspicious why they are so very careful with FPS term. They already said it many time FPP RPG not FPS. What are they afraid of?

Seriously? They emphasized the RPG part because the trailer made it seem like it's a shooter game which it is not. They wanted people to know that first and foremost it's an RPG title with a heavy emphasis on the story rather than action elements which is why they say it's an FPP RPG.

The world isn't fair and isn't designed for everyone, and they can make whatever decisions they want, and lets face it people will likely still buy the game. I will be waiting for a sale before I do now though, it is no longer in my wheel house. I am all about isometric/TPP RPGs, always will be.

But even using this poll as a micro-snapshot of the sentiment, TPP is something people really care about.
Then why try and paint it as a mistake? And frankly a poll of ~700 people means nothing, and the comments in this thread prove there is a vocal crowd complaining about this, not that the crowd is a significant size.

Again you are missing the point. People are talking here about their preferences and tastes. And people are asking devs to considering to add TPP. No one says one or other is superior. But you don't need to see gameplay to know what is FPP and it's flows and advantages. People here have played a lot of games and can for sure say what they like and what not. And for instance their choice to make force FPP and character customisation is at least questionable. Because you will never see your character outside inventory and cut scenes.
It's already been addressed that adding TPP would likely be a significantly time-consuming endeavor, although I understand that some people prefer it. And without seeing gameplay you in no way know how it is being implemented or how it will interact with the game.

You're the only one to blame for that. And would it really kill you to give it a chance? At least wait until it's out and see how it turns out?

Since their last RPGs were TPP, it is a reasonable expectation when they announce an open world RPG for it to be TPP. I think most if not all made the assumption this would be TPP, it just our reactions that are differing.

I don't like the FPS/FPP genre as a whole, playing a floating camera isn't my thing, I am not alone in thinking that we have had expectations dashed.

think that is where a lot of my anger is coming from, I have been hyped and re-hyped over 4-5 years for this game, only to have it come out in a style of game I actively avoid.
They said it's first person perspective on the first day they really started talking about the mechanics in depth. It's prior to when any sort of pre-orders or purchases can be made. As long as a developer is giving me a heads up about it before I'm putting down money so that I can make an informed decision ... I think that's plenty of notice. Wait for more info, and if it's not your game for this or any other reason ... act accordingly.

You're the only one to blame for that. And would it really kill you to give it a chance? At least wait until it's out and see how it turns out?
Well, there was that leak or interview or presentation or whatever where it was stated that the game would include both first and third person a few years back.

Guys it's official CDPR won't Change anything,I myself wasted lots of time hoping they would change something...but aren't gonna ...those who felt disappointed and betrayed, vote with your wallet..honestly it's over guys.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180613-195004.png
    Screenshot_20180613-195004.png
    169.5 KB · Views: 94
Then why try and paint it as a mistake? And frankly a poll of ~700 people means nothing, and the comments in this thread prove there is a vocal crowd complaining about this, not that the crowd is a significant size.

It's already been addressed that adding TPP would likely be a significantly time-consuming endeavor, although I understand that some people prefer it. And without seeing gameplay you in no way know how it is being implemented or how it will interact with the game.

I am not painting it as a mistake I am saying I THINK it is a mistake, I think lots of things are mistakes in games/movies/tv shows, it was criticism is all about, what I think is wrong with it and I have presented some arguments as to why I THINK FPP is inferior to TPP for RPGs.

Will all respect if you are not a part of a team of CD Projekt you can't tell us how time-consuming it would be to implement. You don't need to see gameplay to find out difference between FPP and TPP.

Guest 4311839

I just hope strong elements in rpg department and good/decent combat(excellent of course would be awesome). Its reason why i enjoyed first Witcher, combat wasn't my favourite part but every game they improved. This why i have high hopes for cyberpunk. And its really sad to see people being disappointed so early on.

Guys it's official CDPR won't Change anything,I myself wasted lots of time hoping they would change something...but aren't gonna ...those who felt disappointed and betrayed, vote with your wallet..honestly it's over guys.

I hope you are being sarcastic because the commentator was referencing to CDPR not changing as in the company as a whole, not this specific case.

I understand the choice of design, anyway when faced with a design choice, there are gains, and there are also losses, and it's the same from a narrative point of view, storytelling in the 3rd person, omniscient point of view etc ... CD PROJEKT believe that for their future work that TPP is the best choice possible, I respect their choices. For a player the choice of the point of view is subjective, there are several schools. That being said, they potentially take the risk of losing a number of players for whom having a point of view in TPS most of the time is a prerequisite. There is also a scientific publication from an American university that shows that around 17% of players have different disabilities (dyslexic, cognitive + x pathology) which completely forbids their accessibility in this type of view FPP - FPS . So it's not just a story of taste for everyone. of my point of view , In terms of image and ethics , we must not sweep away this growl with the back of hand. Personally I prefer TPS for various reasons that it is rational from a technical point of view and or irrational of a narrative perspective. In the case of pure immersion from a rather omniscient narrative point of view and an FPS or TPP, I would go directly to the VR version.

François Rabelais say : "science without conscience is but the ruin of the soul"

Last edited:
They said it's first person perspective on the first day they really started talking about the mechanics in depth. It's prior to when any sort of pre-orders or purchases can be made. As long as a developer is giving me a heads up about it before I'm putting down money so that I can make an informed decision ... I think that's plenty of notice. Wait for more info, and if it's not your game for this or any other reason ... act accordingly.

That isn't really where I was driving with my points, I never pre-order or purchase these days with all digital platforms. I am more angry as a fan of TPP RPGs, which I think are the ideal way to frame a game. I know there are successes on both sides, TES vs Mass Effect vs Deus Ex vs Dragon Age vs Fallout etc etc.

I think given CDPR track record of TPP it is OK to be mad at this choice. I was really wanting this to be TPP and now that its not I am sad and participating in the discussion so CDPR can see it, not that I think they will change their mind based on minor backlash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom