FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me help calm your feelings twords the melee combat .It's going to be very well done.
-
Let me tell you..if you didn't play DL..it had OUTSTANDING melee combat ..drop kicks were the shit and all done in first person
Thanks for this post. Yes, I did played DL and I found it really funny, I enjoyed it's combat system and I am grateful you posted it. Because now I can may be more clear. I never said I will hate this kind of combat system, I just said I think that even if a combat system like the one in DL is funny as hell, Yakuza 6 is even better. Because when I drop kick someone in Yakuza I can see the full animation. I REALLY enjoy watching my character doing acrobatic combat, and I had a really good feeling about that in Cyberpunk (even if, of course, that was just my imagination). I will repeat myself, can you imagine a combat system like the Yakuza one, but with all the augmented legs or arms? I think that would have been the best choice to be made, but again I trust CDPR so I will patiently wait to see the combat system in action.

Prove it. That's like me saying God of War is more angry man smashing than RPG, Last of Us is more killing than RPG, Uncharted is more QTE than RPG, Dead Space is more stomping than RPG.

Think carefully about your next reply.

I agree with every single one of those statements. I liked all of those games, but none of them are an RPG. In fact, none of them are anywhere close to being an RPG.

Not every game that incorporates RPG elements gets to be called an RPG. Some of those on that list are real reaches. There are tons of games that have RPG elements such as leveling up your character, but that does not make them RPGs.

The Far Cry games you can level up your character, add new abilities, etc. That doesn't make them RPGs.
Now I'm starting to question you knowing what RPG actually means?!

FP- First person
Votes: 72 (14.4%)
TP- Third person
Votes: 239 (47.9%)
Really dude???????

Think about the data for a minute -- what percentage of people coming to these forums do you think are solely coming here to scream about TPP? I'd wager it's extremely high.

If CDPR did a poll on Reddit or IGN or somewhere a larger portion of the gaming community could be targeted, I promise you those numbers would shift drastically.

Of course people would like the option if it's there. But those of us who play FPP games don't care, and some of us prefer FPP. The rest of us just simply realize how much work it would take to implement.

Exactly right I think, I have seen so many people on twitter being upset about the perspective and whoever handles the twitter is ignoring them despite it being the most frequent sentiment. Going so far as to answer other minor questions and ignoring the main issue people have. I can't speak for all of those on twitter but I know that at least for my circle of friends first person only is a deal-breaker. Also the subreddit has devolved into a toxic echochamber already making actual discussions impossible. There are more posts on there calling people who like third person entitled and stupid than there are people actually complaining about third person. I don't think this is being entitled when we have waited 5 years with no information and everything cdpr has donebefore has been third person. It become standard, an expectation. If they had just explained it earlier people hopes would not have been shattered but it doesn't speak well of cdpr's own faith that even the trailer they released was mostly third person

Surely there will be a pull back camera / zoom out mode to view your character.

I think many of you are being way too critical and intolerant. There are many games with many perspectives.
I prefer FPS. It's immersion for me. TPS isn't.
Did i still enjoy Wticher, even though it didn't accommodate MY every need? yes.

Perhaps some of you need to be more open to different ways of playing.

I loved DL and can't wait to play the second. With all due respect to the team behind DL the only thing that game was subpar in..was the actual story.lol
But..guess who tells an AMAZING story ?

Haha

And that's the spirit. Instead of complaining about design choices do whatever is necessary to enjoy the game!

Busy at work? Take few days off. Motion sickness? Pills! Wife is nagging? Divorce. It's so simple!

They wanted to know about a pill, I gave them a name, no need to get snarky

To everyone saying trust CDPR, let's be honest here.

TW3 didn't win awards for it's amazing, life like combat system, neither did the other Witcher games.

CDPR historically has a habit of making the best RPGs around with workable, if not acceptable combat systems and animations(looking at you geralts strange run).

Do I trust CDPR to pump out an amazing FPS shooting and melee system? No I really don't. The best guys in the FPS market struggle to make good melee combat, what makes anyone think CDPR will do better?

We understand your concerns and we value your feedback about TPP - we'll keep it in mind. Thank you!
Please don't sacrifice your vision to the complaints.
I personally love what you decidd about it. The news about the first person made me really happy.

And, if you decide to implement it somehow, PLEASE don't give us an horrible offcentered camera for third person. It's ugly and makes me feel off balance all the time and nauseous, making games who use it completely unplayable for me.

CDPR are aware that this desicion is costly, they might loose hundreds of thousands or even millions of sales because of this.

Yet, they chose to do it because they feel it's best for their game, not for their sales.
I admire them for this!

All the above coming from a guy who voted for TP.

I'm just curious if there is some cover system like in Deus Ex, because that would be another way how to see our own character.
For now they talked only about inventory, cutscenes and 3rd person in vehicles.

CDPR are aware that this desicion is costly, they might loose hundreds of thousands or even millions of sales because of this.

Yet, they chose to do it because they feel it's best for their game, not for their sales.
I admire them for this!

All the above coming from a guy who voted for TP.

Are you seriously not going to buy the game if it's FPS? Isn't that a bit dramatic? How can you be so limited?
Enjoy the games you like in all perspectives that they come in.

I'm just curious if there is some cover system like in Deus Ex, because that would be another way how to see our own character.
For now they talked only about inventory, cutscenes and 3rd person in vehicles.

What i expect is a zoom out camera mode to view your character.

Do I trust CDPR to pump out an amazing FPS shooting and melee system? No I really don't. The best guys in the FPS market struggle to make good melee combat, what makes anyone think CDPR will do better?

That's why we've been telling to wait for the demo before complaining for two days now.

Overwatch was Blizzard's first FPS and look what it became (insanely good, that is)

Edit : precision

I'm very disappointed with the decision to make Cyberpunk 2077 a first person game.
I like third person.
I like seeing my character as I make changes to its appearance.
I like seeing it running around and interactive with its environment in and out of combat.
I have very high hopes for this game as i've been waiting for it for a very long time.
very disappointed. I was planning to pre-order this game, pay full price, and not wait for a discount.
but now I'm so disappointed I won't buy it at all.

Last edited:
CDPR makes the game, they know what they're doing, if they all thought the game would play better in first person, I guess it's because it actually does, not to piss off people on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom