FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
TO quote the above article:

"Listen, I’ve played a lot of video games in my life. Almost 30 years of them at this point. I know what a “city” looks like in video games, and I’ve watched that definition evolve over the years. I remember when Morrowind’s towns seemed bustling, and Oblivion after that. I remember watching a trailer for the original Assassin’s Creed and being stunned how large and crowded it was. I remember driving around Grand Theft Auto V and being in awe of the traffic and the number of unique pedestrians.

So I’m deadly serious when I say: I didn’t think Night City was possible. Not yet, at least. I literally didn’t think the technology existed. What I saw during CD Projekt’s demo was astounding."

"What I saw during CD Projekt’s demo was astounding."

People. Let's be EXCITED

Well, i registred today for a simple thing. I play on PC, almost only RPG and strategy games. It's not a choice.
I've "too much" good eyes (14/10 each and a bigger retina) and i can't stand FP view. I'm playing since the 90s and i was able to play only two FPS IP: Borderlands (thanks to the black borderlines around models) and the first System Shock (not the second one). Well... i'm abble to play them if i manage to put FPS at 100+ at minimum and the mouse sensibility to very low... So they're unplayable during fights and since most games are based around conflicts...

So, the new about Cyberpunk being a FP game mean i'll not be abble to play it. I accept this choice from CDPR but I would reproach them, however, a single thing:
WHY THEY DIDN'T TOLD THIS BEFORE ?!
A game is designed around FP or TP at the beginning of the creation process, they knew this and never said it.

A simple thing: lot of players, 17%, got motion sickness for several reasons, i'm part of several groups composed of people who have motion sickness and we're all playing the same games because of it. Cyberpunk was among the games we waited because ALL CDPR big releases where in TP, we expected to see the same here.
This lack of option (yes, i just ask for a choice here, nothing more, even if animations are bad, even if the gameplay is lacking, i just want to have the possibility to play it) just mean 17% of players will not be able to buy their game. It'll hurt their sale, not much but it will, and it'll hurt their rep in the long term.

To finish i'll be honest. I'll torrent the game to see if i can play it and i'll buy it if i can but i already highly doubt it, i will never manage to put the FPS at 100+... So i'm choosing to pass on it.

Have fun with it guys and gals.

Maybe because I'm used to playing RPGs in first person but I'm surprised at people's reactions. I actually don't care either way but FP is a lot more immersive for me. I'm sure they'll let us zoom out the camera and see the character if that's what you want?

But wouldn't that become TPP?

I'd actually like to see some statistics on this. I have to admit, not being a sufferer of this, it isn't something I've ever spent a lot of time thinking about prior to this thread.

There were a couple of videos presented earlier by a lady claiming that this impacts 17% of gamers, which seems high to me. But then again there seem to be an awfully lot of people in this very thread claiming that they have the condition. And that's made me feel pretty sympathetic.

Does anyone actually have some sources that quantifies the number of people who have this issue?
She said 17% of people suffer from visual problems, which is true. Motion sickness is a smaller subset of that group. Those with extreme, EXTREME motion sickness (As I described) are undoubtedly even smaller.

I do not have statistics, no, but it seems like common sense. I'll dig around and report back if I find anything.

TO quote the above article:

"Listen, I’ve played a lot of video games in my life. Almost 30 years of them at this point. I know what a “city” looks like in video games, and I’ve watched that definition evolve over the years. I remember when Morrowind’s towns seemed bustling, and Oblivion after that. I remember watching a trailer for the original Assassin’s Creed and being stunned how large and crowded it was. I remember driving around Grand Theft Auto V and being in awe of the traffic and the number of unique pedestrians.

So I’m deadly serious when I say: I didn’t think Night City was possible. Not yet, at least. I literally didn’t think the technology existed. What I saw during CD Projekt’s demo was astounding."

"What I saw during CD Projekt’s demo was astounding."

People. Let's be EXCITED
Oh, I am. :) Everything we're hearing so far sounds awesome.

If you have true motion sickness (I mean no offense to any of you with the condition, but I'm starting to doubt it given just how many people are suddenly popping up with it), you wouldn't just say "your hype is dead" (probably).

There are so, SO many ways to address the problem. So many. Surely, your time would be better spent advocating for your group by asking CDPR to implement accessibility options to improve the situation?

If you do have simulation sickness and absolutely nothing helps, I feel for you. Seriously. But that group is such an insanely small minority that I don't think it would make up even 1% of the game's sales. CDPR should not add an entirely new mode to the game for that one group.

I say this as an individual with motion sickness myself, by the way. Things like the removal of head bobbing, wider FOVs (around 110), and more all help quite a bit. Nothing is perfect, but it can come damn close. If we can play even a couple hours at a time, that's a victory.

Because they understand how the public works. The game is not finished. The press know this. They only invite people that they know aren't going to rail against them for having unfinished, probably buggy, gameplay.

The public does not forgive, and it does not (the vocal ones, that is) take the time to think things through. It has kneejerk reactions. This is not an individual attack on anyone (not you or anyone else here), just an acknowledgement of the reality that we so often see in this industry.

You might believe yourself to be someone who would forgive, and maybe that's true, but the insane, vocal majority is going to flip their sh*t if the game doesn't look how they want it to.
Oh trust me Snow, I'm one of those that has true simulation sickness, I came here and posted about it months ago after the supposed leak and asked for an option for TP just in case it was true. I have trouble even watching streams in FP, I never completed FO4 even in TPP with the FOV at max because it put me out for days.

You're right it is a kneejerk reaction, I haven't had the opportunity to have one yet because I've been at work all day. Kneejerk reaction has ended.

If there is any way it can happen then I'll be all over it.

People. Let's be EXCITED

To be fair, that's a second hand account by a game journalist. Certainly it is absolutely staggeringly high praise that he's conveying.

And also certainly worth keeping an open mind about at the very least. It's also very consistent with previews from other sources that all seem to be incredibly juiced about what they're seeing. But critics scores and user scores don't always end up agreeing.

The game is still one of the ones I'm most looking forward to see more information on, but I want to see more first hand if that makes sense.

15-20 minutes of gameplay, both in and out of combat, for example. Hopefully CDPR has plans to give us just that in the next month or two.

I'm not gonna be nit picky and what not. But I, personally, as with many others, would Much prefer a TPP for a game like this. Some people are getting kinda out of hand. I will wait to see more of the game, and how it might be. They might not have been working on it since its inception, as you'd probably know if you kept up with ANY details about the game.
But what some people, as myself, found endearing about about the release date in the first trailer from CDPR, was it said "When its ready." If CDPR thinks they're in some kinda rush to get this game out and decided that making both 3rd and 1st person perspectives would take too long, they need to turn the fuck around, and look at when they said it would be ready, again.
YES! I want to play CP2077 right the fuck now. But I will wait, cuz If I did play it, it would probably be shit. When it was first estimated that CP2077 might release in 2020, or later, I was fully willing to believe that, and wait that long. W3 took CDPR 3 1/2 years to develop, and was delays 3 times, from what I remember, and look how it turned out. I don't care if it takes CDPR 5 years, or even longer.
I'll wait.

You realize when rockstar added first person they did it in an entirely new version of the game? That took 2 years to develop? And Bethesda animations are half assed, it's not hard for them to add both. CDPR has a higher standard
Still I'd take a game with lame animations in third person over the game with perfect animation in first person only. Being able to play >>>>>>> pretty animations.

But wouldn't that become TPP?
I'm not really sure but for example (and this might be bad examples) but the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games let you play either way but you can tell it's a better experience in FP. I'm on the side that doesn't care because I play the RPGs on both cameras depending on the preference of the game, so I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm actually surprised at how many people are upset about this.

Hey for all you wondering what it looks like behind closed doors :ROFLMAO::LOL::D:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• rpp.jpg
    rpp.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 88
I'm not really sure but for example (and this might be bad examples) but the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games let you play either way but you can tell it's a better experience in FP. I'm on the side that doesn't care because I play the RPGs on both cameras depending on the preference of the game, so I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm actually surprised at how many people are upset about this.

Oh, i would love an hybrid system like bethesda, like i said before....But that would be a mix between FPP and TPP, and some people dismissed it as not doable (which i do not believe at all).

People. Let's be EXCITED

I don't doubt the game will be high quality, nobody here as far as I can see doubt that, the issue here to use a metaphor is that they are serving a high quality meal that some people are allergic to (motion sickness) or simply do not like as per their own personal taste (prefer TP).

This does not make the game quality any less but obviously won't make people exicted if what they get is not what they were expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom