FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, why all anti-TPP people are worried about delays? Did not CDPR people say that the game will be out when it's ready?

There's no ETA on game release. We do not know how long they have been actually working on the game (didn't they say that development properly started after last TW3 expansion was done?).

So what delays are you talking about?! There's literally no release date yet!

To be fair, adding an extra camera mode (or really anything) that wasn't originally in the project scope...it's reasonable to expect that does involve more work and therefore it might (perhaps likely) cause a delay. How large a delay depends on how much extra work is added by the new feature and that I can't really guess at as it's outside my knowledge area.

There's no publicly announced game release date but I think it's likely that CDPR has one on their private company timeline. They just don't want to announce it yet in case it slips.

I've seen a number of people claim "2-3 years" in this thread and I don't know if that's reasonable or not but SOME delay for adding something new that wasn't originally in scope seems likely.

It's not going to happen.

I'm fairly sure part of the reason why CDPR chose to keep it FPP is because animations aren't exactly their forte as tw3's was bordering on being clunky at times. If they were to make TPP animations that were truly up to par they would have to do not only one set, but one for each sex *this* far into the development which would be asking them to add months of development time if not more to completely rework the structure of the game.

It's one thing if the community was crying out for an easier change but something this drastic isn't something you just do from one day to the other.
Thus, each next game of the CDPR will be from the first person, because "w3's was bordering on being clunky at times"? Really dude? :sneaky:

To be fair, adding an extra camera mode (or really anything) that wasn't originally in the project scope...it's reasonable to expect that does involve more work and therefore it might (perhaps likely) cause a delay. How large a delay depends on how much extra work is added by the new feature and that I can't really guess at as it's outside my knowledge area.

There's no publicly announced game release date but I think it's likely that CDPR has one on their private company timeline. They just don't want to announce it yet in case it slips.

I've seen a number of people claim "2-3 years" in this thread and I don't know if that's reasonable or not but SOME delay for adding something new that wasn't originally in scope seems likely.

Smart... there can be no delay because they have not specified a release date yet :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I reported you for saying 'Use your head a little.' That was rude and insulting. Please try saying that to a moderator and see the kind of reaction you get.

Hey guess what. That IS a reportable issue - although super low grade.

Know what ANOTHER reportable issue is? Discussing moderation publicly! LESS low grade!

Why am I doing it?

Because I want to make this clear to EVERYONE that you are to stay away from these "Gonna report you!" posts and the follow up "DO IT! SEE IF I CARE!!"

Not kindergarten. Happens again, problems for people doing it.

AND ALSO WHILE I'M HERE - don't try to help people with "life advice". Sigh.

Hey guess what. That IS a reportable issue - although super low grade.

Know what ANOTHER reportable issue is? Discussing moderation publicly! LESS low grade!

Why am I doing it?

Because I want to make this clear to EVERYONE that you are to stay away from these "Gonna report you!" posts and the follow up "DO IT! SEE IF I CARE!!"

Not kindergarten. Happens again, problems for people doing it.

AND ALSO WHILE I'M HERE - don't try to help people with "life advice". Sigh.

Okay, noted. I knew I was not allowed to insult, but did not read the rules on not discussing moderation publicly. Sorry about that.

Thus, each next game of the CDPR will be from the first person, because "w3's was bordering on being clunky at times"? Really dude? :sneaky:
No. I said that was probably *part* of the reason they went with FPP for this game.
Also even if they were to change it, it would certainly be too soon before anyone has even seen what it's like in motion.

I have an suggestion: give us something like an "extended photo mode" in TPP in which we can run, shoot and just play. It just wouldn't be really optimised for actuall gameplay so you wouldn' t waste much resourses developing it and because it would be just an photo mode, noone could really blame you for that. It could be just as clunky as in Skyrim, but damn, I'd be endlessly grateful even for that.
That would be a win-win for everyone in my humble opinion.

I have an suggestion: give us something like an "extended photo mode" in TPP in which we can run, shoot and just play. It just wouldn't be really optimised for actuall gameplay so you wouldn' t waste much resourses developing it and because it would be just an photo mode, noone could really blame you for that. It could be just as clunky as in Skyrim, but damn, I'd be endlessly grateful even for that.
That would be a win-win for everyone in my humble opinion.

You sound like you know coding (the word 'extend' is making me think of class extension LOL).
At this point of time, I'm desperate enough that even a 'third person while roaming on the streets, first person for everything else' would be welcome.

Well we don't know that, they said the game was originally TP/FP. As far as we know they scrapped TP recently.

And at the very least they did divide their audience regardless of all the good will coming from their past games.
If the option was there im sure most people wouldn't have complained this much and the game would still be at maximum hype level for most fans.

Well we don't know that, they said the game was originally TP/FP. As far as we know they scrapped TP recently.

And at the very least they divided their audience regardless of all the good will coming from their past games.
If the option was there im sure most people wouldn't have complained this much and the game would still be at maximum hype for most fans.

Well... not scrapped per se. You get to drive around and watch cutscenes in 3rd person. But yeah, most of the gameplay will be in 1st person.
I wish them all the best, but... I don't think I can handle FPP.

You don't need an RPG and you don't need third person to be immersed in a game. That is what I was discussing with the user before.

True, but just IMO, games with very different worlds from ours need some RPG elements to get us into the spirit of the main quest. You definitely don't NEED 3rd person to be immersed... but it helps one stay in the world instead of wondering why one's feet are missing :ROFLMAO:

Well... not scrapped per se. You get to drive around and watch cutscenes in 3rd person. But yeah, most of the gameplay will be in 1st person.
I wish them all the best, but... I don't think I can handle FPP.
Yeah but I'm refering to the people saying the game can't be TP because all assets and everything were designed for FP when we know that at some point the game was intended to be both. I'm just saying we dont know what can or can't be done as far as implementing TP again. The dev said yesterday they'll look into it, we can only hope it can be implemented again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom