FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn that's dedication. It's an interesting phenomenon to say the least, I think this subject needs to be researched more. If I had to guess part of it is how fast the camera reacts in first person compared to third, I wonder if cranking the mouse sensitivity down a lot to allow for really smooth motion would help.

Tried that. It does help, but only goes so far...

Damn that's dedication. It's an interesting phenomenon to say the least, I think this subject needs to be researched more. If I had to guess part of it is how fast the camera reacts in first person compared to third, I wonder if cranking the mouse sensitivity down a lot to allow for really smooth motion would help.
Moving the camera at a snail's pace does help to a certain degree. But then that harkens back to the issues I mentioned about combat and situational awareness. Basically if I'll be playing this game, I'll be finishing it about a year after everyone else. lol

You're not setting an high bar for anyone, if people stop buying your games because of this.

I never managed to convince some of my FPS-friends to try out Witcher 3, but when I said Cyberpunk was going to be FPP they were all hyped as hell so I think it works both ways. I think TPP only-gamers make up a smaller part of the market than you think and the ones they lose will be gained from others who practically only play FPP games.

Yes, exactly, i see them doing stuff as if it was an interactive movie.
Stating that this is the exact same thing that seeing the character standing like a statue in photomode or inside a mirror, is plain, utter, b******t.

But when you are looking yourself in the mirror obviously they are standing like a statue, in FP or TP it doesn't matter.
In FP perspective you are also doing stuff you know.

I never managed to convince some of my FPS-friends to try out Witcher 3, but when I said Cyberpunk was going to be FPP they were all hyped as hell so I think it works both ways. I think TPP only-gamers make up a smaller part of the market than you think and the ones they lose will be gained from others who practically only play FPP games.
So what you're saying is that cutting loose their original, core fanbase is an "acceptable loss."

Bear in mind that plenty of people also didn't play The Witcher 3 because it was a medieval fantasy game, and would also be interested in Cyberpunk 2077 because it's a sci-fi game.

Why? Because I have a problem that approximately one-third of the world has, and that there are no cures for short of medicating myself to the point where I probably won't even be able to notice anything in the game by the time it isn't murdering my brain?
I agree, medicating should be a last resort. But I wonder if it's something that you could train yourself to resist? Kind of like how you can train your balance just by practicing balancing, perhaps one could gradually acclimate themselves to playing in first person. I don't know what exactly a training regiment would look like though, maybe just gradually doing longer and longer sessions? I think the max you'd ever need is two hours anyway, as it's good for anyone to take a break after that long of a gaming session.

I prefer my games on Third Person, but if we got First Person it'll be easier to have a VR version port, I don't have any VR Headset, but I could totally buy one only for this game... so... i guess the final answer is:
Third Person + First Person + VR.

I agree, medicating should be a last resort. But I wonder if it's something that you could train yourself to resist? Kind of like how you can train your balance just by practicing balancing, perhaps one could gradually acclimate themselves to playing in first person. I don't know what exactly a training regiment would look like though, maybe just gradually doing longer and longer sessions? I think the max you'd ever need is two hours anyway, as it's good for anyone to take a break after that long of a gaming session.
Like I said, cheating so that I can stop to reorient myself any time I want seems about the best bet I have at this point.

Well i think we have more rpg set in fantasy thus we he more rpgs in 3rds person. Many associate rpg's with d&d thus with fantasy, swrods dragons etc.

Nonsense, it doesn't need any more comments.

Hover just because something is more rare and not common doesn't mean it can't be done great.

It does mean, however, that if 90% of your fanbase expects a third person, you should AT LEAST give the option. Because that would be the largest part of the market you aim at.

And sorry is FPS a niche market? or RPG is niche market? or you mean FPS/RPG niche market? I personally have friends who never was intrested in withcer they sad they ar not into rpg's and even i was trying to convince them to try it because my love for the game.

No, i said FIRST PERSON RPGS are a niche market. Wanna check deus ex sales and compare them to those of, say, Mass Effect?
Most people play rpgs for the lore, the setting and the story, NOT THE GAMEPLAY. Gameplay is a bonus, if any. And thus, they prefer a more cinematic perspective. And that is a fact.

it is not necessary the first person ( I want the Witcher in the cyberworld.
I thought everything is like in the Witcher but better ( and then some shooter will

Guest 4311839

So what you're saying is that cutting loose their original, core fanbase is an "acceptable loss."

Bear in mind that plenty of people also didn't play The Witcher 3 because it was a medieval fantasy game, and would also be interested in Cyberpunk 2077 because it's a sci-fi game.

Yeah it is acceptable loss. This is why not doing it with Witcher series they creating game with new IP. And how they would know if allot of original core fanbase ar not just into fanstasy and dont like sci-fy, steam punk, etc.?

And sorry i am a person who want to create games if i had a possibility. And sorry i would want to make lots of games with lot off styles, genres etc so i can relate to them wanting do something new

Why? Because I have a problem that approximately one-third of the world has, and that there are no cures for short of medicating myself to the point where I probably won't even be able to notice anything in the game by the time it isn't murdering my brain?

There's no way that one third of the world has that kind of problem, especially when a thread complaining about FPP on an RPG-developers forum only manages to muster 8%.

I doubt this will hurt sales if the game is good. If it delivers a great story and great gameplay, it will sell very well

Well, we will see if sales will or won't be hurt, won't we?
And yes, it will probably sell very well, but it could have been much better.

it is not necessary the first person ( I want the Witcher in the cyberworld.
I thought everything is like in the Witcher but better ( and then some shooter will

Okay dude, if you thought that this was going to be a futuristic Witcher then you obviously were expecting to be dissapointed because this, since the beginning, was not going to be a futuristic Witcher.

There's no way that one third of the world has that kind of problem, especially when a thread complaining about FPP on an RPG-developers forum only manages to muster 8%.

Don't care what you think it is or it is not possible, there are medical researches about it, and they were linked to this topic several pages ago.

Keeping an open mind with this, although I do like TP if you all had a great design decision that only could be told in FP I'm good with that, I'm still buying and playing the hell out of this. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom