FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest 4311839

you cannot compare this to a painting, a game is a product, that is meant to be consumed in a way, we are the consumer, the as a producer you need to try and cater to different consumer preferences if you want to reach a wider audience. we are simply consumers that are interested in being their customers but their product needs to be modified to fit our preferences.
Yes thus making cyberpunk FPS was good choice and will attract new costumers.

you cannot compare this to a painting, a game is a product, that is meant to be consumed in a way, we are the consumer, the as a producer you need to try and cater to different consumer preferences if you want to reach a wider audience. we are simply consumers that are interested in being their customers but their product needs to be modified to fit our preferences.

No, it doesn't need to fit your preferences. Plus, it already does. FPS fans, RPG fans, etc.
Not everyone, so what? I don't like REmake 2 with over the shoulder camera, someone would have want it in first person, others with fixed camera. Not my thing, I won't buy it, that's it.
You don't need to buy the game. Don't play it if you don't like it.

Guest 4311839

When your sole basis is "it's their word!" then you are literally acting on blind faith.
but you want it to make the "your world" and i don't want to buy "your game vision" with my money. I want to buy CDPR games vision with my money and hope it will no suck. And the have reviews for dat.

It's blind in its claim that no matter what anyone has to say in the matter, just because CDPR says first-person is better for everyone, then that must be true. And nothing anyone can say could ever suggest otherwise because "guys, it's CDPR!"

Why for me should matter some random opinions who prefer TPP and its better for game. When cdrp have even cyberpunk creator with whem? So years of expericance and development and some random comment on internet will convince me game should have tpp option(becouse its important for them to small group who dont like fpp). So how my trust is blind?

Last edited by a moderator:
Developers made a huge city with lots of interesting and dangerous places with vertical exploration and the only thing bothers you whether you will observe the main characters back on the screen most of the time.

Developers made a huge city with lots of interesting and dangerous places with vertical exploration and the only thing bothers you whether you will observe the main characters back on the screen most of the time.
Cute take, but 100% incorrect. Thanks for playing, though.
33.gif

I think you might be missing the point of wanting a third person perspective , ppl that want to have it in the game are people that enjoy creating characters in an RPG and seeing the character in the world of the game , if TPP is not an option than we do not really need to see a gameplay demo to know how it feels like, because even if 1st person feels good in Cyberpunk 2077, that will be great but you still cannot see your character!. actually what scares me, even more, is that in a recent interview the devs said that the cutscenes are seamless and in 1st person also! which really sucks because that was the only time you got to see your character in 3rd person. if that is the case then you will only see your character in the menus!! which will be crazy in an RPG with gear and customization.

I didn t miss, that point, in fact i listen to what the guys said at E3 and know there are already
Third Person Perspecitves in the game, where you can see you char you ve greated.
I said also at this point i am fully with the devs, becasue i want FIRST to see HOW it looks
and feel... before i decide if i miss my W3 view. So should you guys.... yet instead here we are
with 150 ++ pages of nearby nonsense caused by prejudgement.

Sounds kinda wrong to do this eh? Yes it is. If the petition where about to ask the REDs friendly
to show us the DEMO so we can "judge" first hand... well that would be an entirely other thing.
But as it is now.... no way this is acceptable input for the devs.

So long

Facts: They have plenty of development experience, they've made great games in the past, so yes it's not blind faith to expect them to make good design decisions. And sorry that you have motion sickness but frankly you're in a minority

I agree with our assessment, however, it is not quality that we are arguing about it is a mater of taste. so BMW does a great car! it is just Purple, i have no doubt that it is a great car , i just do not like the color PURPLE , i do not need to see it to know it is not my type of color , and i totally believe that it is a very well crafted game! what i am asking is if they can do it in BLUE?

I didn t miss, that point, in fact i listen to what the guys said at E3 and know there are already
Third Person Perspecitves in the game, where you can see you char you ve greated.
I said also at this point i am fully with the devs, becasue i want FIRST to see HOW it looks
and feel... before i decide if i miss my W3 view. So should you guys.... yet instead here we are

Sounds kinda wrong to do this eh? Yes it is. If the petition where about to ask the REDs friendly
to show us the DEMO so we can "judge" first hand... well that would be an entirely other thing.

So long
Only prejudgement I've been involved with here is people like you assuming that my opposition to first-person is somehow preference-based.

Guys and gals that are OK with FPP should probably leave this thread to the "gimme TPP" crowd. You're only inflating it and giving it more significance than it deserves. First few posts were valid, people expressed their concerns, but after that it's just running in circles and bunch of silly stuff..

So long

It sounds wrong mainly for one reason. If we hope to make them change their mind, we can NOT afford to wait. It has to happen now.
If game developing goes further before we get any attention, it's gonna be 100% game over.

That said, i have very little hope they will change anything, at this point.

So long
when can you see your character in the game?

I would say, some and some.

Assuming that everyone here understands that this is a free forum, like we are in a free country in a free continent, noone is entitled to force anyone to do anything. This means that everything being said in this topic belongs to the opinion/academic area.

That said, every opinion matters. This means that noone should have preferred lanes, not the FPP supporters, not the people -like me- affected by motion sickness, not the people that just hate FPP and want TPP. We are just arguing and giving reasons for one thing or another, but ultimately it's the developer's call to decide if the arguments we all put on the table are worthy of rethinking the game or not.
And, after almost 3000 (THREE THOUSANDS) posts -i've NEVER seen such a big topic in my entire life- i think they have more than enough material to pick a definitive course of action.

So, i think we should stop arguing between us, because everything that could have been said, has been said, and DEMAND (yes, i typed it right, DEMAND) a definitive answer from the developers.

Cheers to everybody
They already said its a FPV RPG game, all of them said it and all the press who saw the demo are saying its aweome at it is. It their job and their art decissions, its only a part of people who dont accept the reality and want it to blend to their idea.

I agree with our assessment, however, it is not quality that we are arguing about it is a mater of taste. so BMW does a great car! it is just Purple, i have no doubt that it is a great car , i just do not like the color PURPLE , i do not need to see it to know it is not my type of color , and i totally believe that it is a very well crafted game! what i am asking is if they can do it in BLUE?
You aren't asking them to make it Blue.

You are pretty much asking them to cut off the front shaft and make the BMW a three-wheeler.

It's amazing how many people cannot comprehend that you cannot define other people's experiences for them.

This is literally like me saying "I find the color red more jarring than blue," and someone responding "No, you find blue more jarring."

If having a third person perspesctive is more immersive for me than first person you dont get to say "No, it isnt."
It is for me.
And that's why I find the whole immersion justification so bizarre.

That's not why I linked it tho. They said in countless interviews that they designed the game world with first person in mind. All the combat is designed for first person and they have a special dialogue system with first person mode and also all the animations and most cutscenes are also first person. You cant change a game like this anymore.

Guys and gals that are OK with FPP should probably leave this thread to the "gimme TPP" crowd. You're only inflating it and giving it more significance than it deserves. First few posts were valid, people expressed their concerns, but after that it's just running in circles and bunch of silly stuff..
Sure, why not. The FPP crowd drove out the TPP fans from the Discord, and on Reddit they downvote any TPP comments into oblivion in order to make it look like FPP has more support. At least then we'd have a place to call our own - ironic that it'd be on the official forums, no less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom