FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
that is great! , is it a photo mode with your character in the photo? or just our current view?
They haven't specified so far as I've seen yet. I hope it's a full on mode with the character like Horzion Zero Dawn ... but I haven't heard anything for sure yet.

.......Yet.

Neither bioware did that, at the beginning. Look at it now.

Because Bioware IS EA. Bioware was bought by EA and is now a part of EA, there is no difference anymore because the studio is under the flag of EA. It's nothing even remotely close to CD Projekt situation.

Also I think some people need to remind themselves of the saying "It's not what you say, but how you say it.". This whole "I am the costumer, I am the most important person in the world, answer me!" is not working. I understand some people preferring third person and asking for a possibility but some people act in an incredible imature and aggressive way.

But we can only judge something based on their history!?!?! Not on what they might do! Are you reading what you're typing?

No, we cannot do that. Bioware's history is brilliant, yet now that software house is garbaage.

Story only goes so far.

Actions are what matters.

Every game has their fans. This game is different. So, new game - new fans, despite the developers.
So screw the old fans right? The ones who supported you? The ones who helped you stay independent this whole time? Cool

Me personally I've came to terms with a FPP but you guys are making CDPR look bad trying to defend them. I mean even EA gave us the option to switch between FPP and TPP in battlefront 2 :ROFLMAO:

Man I do not know, we have to see some gameplay first :)
Cutscenes mean nothing in case we do not have fully workable and animated in-game character. Kingdom Come is unique in this regard, no other first peson game has this detalied model and animations for first person perspective. And also Kingdom Come has a lot of available console commands, including the camera ones, plus, Kingdom Come was created on the basis of CryEngine, which is an open-source engine and it also helpful for modders.

As I said before, 99% that third person camera mod for most games can not be created by modders . Sad but true
then we have to rely on the devs, Actually, the moderator of this thread just told me that there is a
"photo mode" in cyberpunk , do you think that will make you think it is easier to pull off?

Yeah I do consider Deus Ex, Prey, to be the same as Battlefield and Call of Duty. Gun in your hand, Gun on screen, Pull trigger and Shoot. Just because one game uses grenades and the other uses weirdo psy-tech orange hexagons, doesn't change it's entire genre.

What? Just because one game lets you slot points into upgrades that changes the entire genre?? It's a shooter fundamentally first and foremost. In fact the way they describe it makes me think of LawBreakers and the newer Call of Dutys with the wall running and movement.

Seriously can someone explain to me why they think this game is not a First Person Shooter? Just because CDPR said it's not?
Same way as the Elder Scrolls Morrowind is not an FPS. It's RPG

Because Bioware IS EA. Bioware was bought by EA and is now a part of EA, there is no difference anymore because the studio is under the flag of EA. It's nothing even remotely close to CD Projekt situation.

Bioware is ea NOW, before the acquisition it wasn't.

Also I think some people need to remind themselves of the saying "It's not what you say, but how you say it.". This whole "I am the costumer, I am the most important person in the world, answer me!" is not working..

Completely misunderstood what i said. I am not saying ''i pay, i command''. I am saying ''i might pay, i deserve to know what i might pay for''. TOTALLY different.

You claimed that TPP games make more money, the other post I quoted claimed that FPP was an effort to make more money. If you want to tell me to read your posts properly I would ask you do the same.

If you think Deus Ex to be the same genre as Call of Duty, then I don't know what to say to you. That is a totally ridiculous opinion to have, and I really can't take it seriously.

I said God of War was a bestselling game. If you cannot see the difference with one game selling very well and ALL TPP games making ton of money there is no point of talking with you.

You cannot even seem to tell who said what.

No, we cannot do that. Bioware's history is brilliant, yet now that software house is garbaage.

Story only goes so far.

Actions are what matters.
Are you seriously unable to understand that they went to crap only while they were owned by EA? Your response is nonsensical.

Sorry, I do not trust any developer. I have been burned far too many times with their lies. I am not saying CD is lying, but saying they did FPP for only immersion is BS. Again, bestselling PS4 game to date God of War was amazing and 3rd person, Witcher 3 an amazing game was 3rd person and list goes on and on…

Giving us an option for TPP and saying but look we think the best way to play this game is FPP would have been much better.
Or just saying that they had budget for only one perspective and decided on FPP would again would have been better than this immersion silliness.
But they haven't talked only about immersion

They have talked about mechanics of the camera in the tight spaces (like car conversation in the demo)
They have talked about the seamless transition between gameplay and conversation with contextual prompts within conversations that depend upon what you are looking at
They have talked about cinematic sequences (like getting your eyeball upgraded) being made to have a maximal impact when viewed from FPP
The HUD is from the large part made as an actual interface stemming from your augmentation
The artistic aspect was finetuned for FPP and looking at things from close
The combat almost surely utilizes FPP in creating setpieces

At this point it should be pretty clear that there were countless design decisions made for this game in which FPP was decided as the best path to take. Both gameplay and narrative are designed around it and it clearly got to the point where CDPR simply couldn't give TPP an equal treatment.

There are two possible results of implementing TPP at this point:
1) Either comprimising their FPP vision so both FPP and TPP are equally viable
2) Making TPP a very inferior module of play

From a managerial point of view both are equally ridiculous and are simply not going to happen

I was talking about those who demand TPP. Vast majority of gamers would play CP2077 whether it's in FP or TP. Only minority would miss on a great game because it's not in a perspective they prefer.
Some people in this thread are demanding yes. Some are acting entitled ,but for the most part its people coming together and asking CDPR to reconsider. I assume most would be content with a TPP exploration camera that goes into FPP when action starts to happen. I understand defending the game but let people request a feature in peace man stop poking the bear.

Bioware is owned by EA. You're gonna compare CDPR to them because you don't like a perspective? A bit overdramatic don't you think?

Nope. I am comparing them for the lack of communication with fan base, and the apparent ''i do what i want, regardless of what you think'' way of acting.

Which is 100% in their right to do, don't get me wrong. But if they choose to go down this alley, they shouldn't expect to be addressed as ''heroes who stand against EA''.

I said God of War was a bestselling game. If you cannot see the difference with one game selling very well and ALL TPP games making ton of money there is no point of talking with you.

You cannot even seem to tell who said what.
Then why mention it? It's obvious that you mentioned the success of The Witcher and God of War as proof that TPP sells, when others pushing for TPP have claimed FPP was a money grab.

Highly doubtful.

As I've said elsewhere I can see why they went FP, they want the game to be "in your face", they want you to see the gum on the chair you're about to sit in,

None of those things are necessary. They are cosmetic frills that might enhance experience for some people.

But should 'the pretty' factor overweight having tpp for people who do not like anything to be shoved in their face?

So yeah, if it id the core decision, it seems like a personal taste of people in charge.

Acceptable reasons would be 'we do not have movey for both, so we had to choose', for example.

If they had release date, I would accept the reason of not having enough time for both. But all they said about release date is 'when it's ready'. So technically there cannot be any delays at this point in time. No one knows when the game is out.

But 'because it looks better in fpp' is bordering on funny. Let people decide what is better for them.

And Mass Effect 3 and Andromeda were dumpster fires, also EA.

So what it is then? The Developer or the Publisher?

I don't blame EA for everything they do, Bioware fucked up Andromeda because they pushed it out before it was ready and EA offered them more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom