FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well hopefully you can keep laughing when an awesome game is released but not in the exact manner you wish.

The slideshow said mixed FPP and TPP.

That was also five years ago and development has changed/improved drastically, they chose first person for many of the already explained reasons and more.
They abandoned the idea of third person because it didn't work out, they obviously tried.
Couldn't they just tell us that they changed their plans? If they did we wouldn't had wrong expectations. I mean the biggest problem here is lack of communication. They should've more open to us.

Desire for TPP is one thing. The overt hysterics and stubbornness is another.

"I wont play. whinge whinge." There's a lot of work to be done to accommodate both perspectives and do them justice.
It would be great for everyone to have what they want but the decision has been made. Get a grip.

I misunderstood your comment, my apologies.

Im amazed so many people hate/attack people who want a TPP option.

Well im not really amazed, trolls and their relatives seem to be everywhere these days.

As if we are going to destroy Cyberpunk 2077 by wanting TPP added back in, hah.
Forcing a feature that was removed and when the ENTIRE gameplay is based around first person, then yes, you WOULD severely change if not outright destroy the current product.
They suddenly have to change spaces to allow third person to be effective.
Then now you have to change verticality, suddenly one of the key core concepts that cd is so proud of has to be minimized.
Now you have to change combat to feel the same in both.
Now you lose the ability to change dialog based on what you're seeing.
And you lose all the cool extra stuff like visual cyber enhancer and the hud itself being an augmentation.
All this just from the 50 minute demo.

Now there's gonna be less resources and money dedicated to the rest of the game as devs have to be shuffled around this TPP.
All future and old content, quests and what not has to be completely reestructured to make sure it has the same standards for both FPP and TPP.

No one is "trolling", we're explaining what happens if you try to force the dev into a decision they abandoned long ago yet you people keep ignoring everything, even when cd has adressed you directly, solely because of a personal preference.
This is outright selfishness.

Guest 4311839

There is no worse blind than the one who does not want to see". However, I already told you I hope that they break this pattern.
Please can you when explain how exactly game being in TP helps it to win goty? I see pattern what goty awards lends its self to action advanture and action-rpg's and and i think we will see Cyberpunk 2077 in action-rpg genre so it wont hurt or help being FP or TP

Last edited by a moderator:
They said mixed First Person & Third Person in Cyberpunk. Doesn’t that actually mean that they just clearly did that? Cyberpunk is mainly FPP but it has TPP too. They literally didn’t say that it would be “both” FP & TP. They just promise as “mixed”.

The words “Mixed” & “Both” are completely different words. People hyped too much reason that’s why it leading to huge disappointment sometimes. This controversy will be gone for a while. Can’t believe this still keeps going!!

Forcing a feature that was removed and when the ENTIRE gameplay is based around first person, then yes, you WOULD severely change if not outright destroy the current product.
Hardly.
No one is demanding TP only, merely the option to play it that way.
YES, there will be problems if they add it, so I personally don't expect to see it in CP2077 ... but when they do CP2078 (or whatever) they should keep it in mind and plan for it from the beginning.

Please can you when explain how exactly game being in TP helps it to win goty?

You know it doesn't. Theres plenty of GREAT games and they come in all shapes & sizes.
This is like saying i ONLY listen to one genre of media. Open your mind.

They suddenly have to change spaces to allow third person to be effective.
Then now you have to change verticality, suddenly one of the key core concepts that cd is so proud of has to be minimized.
Now you have to change combat to feel the same in both.
Now you lose the ability to change dialog based on what you're seeing.
And you lose all the cool extra stuff like visual cyber enhancer and the hud itself being an augmentation.
All this just from the 50 minute demo.

No one is "trolling", we're explaining what happens if you try to force the dev into a decision they abandoned long ago yet you people keep ignoring everything, even when cd has adressed you directly.

CDPR wouldnt add something in thats going to break the game, and no one wants that. Its ridiculous to imply that we want the game broken. It goes without saying the only way we would want it is if it would be doable.

The amounts of changes vary wildly from person to person here, but i certainly wouldnt expect the entirety of the game to be changed. We also dont even know how long ago TPP was cut out of the game.

Do i really expect a change? not really. I think CDPR cut out TPP because they didnt want to do the work for both so i dont see them doing it now.

Also i dont think all of you are trolls for disagreeing, just some people here and there ive seen.

Hardly.
YES, there will be problems if they add it, so I personally don't expect to see it in CP2077 ... but when they do CP2078 (or whatever) they should keep it in mind and plan for it from the beginning.

If its warranted though. You agree there's a ton of work thatll be required. I think the sequel will be the same because the FPP in 2077 is going to be awesome.
Want Diablo 4 in FPP? dont hold your breath.

Hardly.
The problem is that solely adding that option is changing the entire game.
They can't just drop a buggy camera and call it a day, there's standards, bugs, gameplay changes, you name it.
To add that option means that both need to be one and the same.

I don't really care about perspective. It'd be cool to have both i guess. What i want to know if there is some kind of cover-mechanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom