FPP only cutscenes might be a deal-breaker for me

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really had no problem with the game being FPP mainly, even though I prefer TPP in RPGs, but what on earth made them come up with the decision to have all cutscenes be FPP too? One of the most fun things in RPGs for me and many other is character customization and seeing that customization in the game/cutscenes. Seems to me, that change makes the entirety of character customization completely pointless (as it did in Far Cry 5 for example). I'm sorry, I love CDPR and I was hyped af for this game, but this one change has really put a huge damper on my hype. I'm actually worried now that it will be the biggest disappointment in my over 20 years of playing video games...

Honestly I agree with you.
I still think (hope) those small sections where there's no dialogue wheel are going to be featured.
Like the one in V's apartment from '18 gameplay.
Why remove an already made scene where there's no input from the player, adds flavor to the situation and has a wonderful transition to first person? What would it look like in FPP? Us going circles in our apartment until Jackie phones in? It would break the rhythm a bit.

the subreddit is furious as well:
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/cy9bf5
CDPR needs to knock it off with this "its immersive" crap. Its not. We want to see V in freaking cutscenes every now and again. The cutscene with V at her apartment brushing her teeth and taking the phone call through her eyes was perfect and it transitioned perfectly to first person with her putting her hand in front of her eyes.

This was the only damn reason many of us were okay with it being first person, the cutscenes where we see V, like at the apartment. You're telling me even sex scenes will in first person? That isn't immersive, that's just plain dumb. This is a poorly directed game and the character creator is freaking useless in this game. I don't give a crap about mirrors or seeing V in inventory menus LOL. What a joke

that's almost a deal breaker for me. customization is almost far cry 5 tier pointless now. i mean what's left? mirrors (how many will there be in the game?), third person driving (but only on bikes) and the menu which is completly seperated from the game world. i guess there is also a potential photo mode but that's no adequate replacement in my opinion.

i don't get it. the cutscenes in the 2018 demo looked so good.

I’m getting sick of their “immersion” excuses. I’m seeing more and more people slowly starting to question their decisions for this game. They are starting to walk a very thin line that if they don’t be careful they will start losing people

Whow, calm down people. Read this calming story: Sometimes I have to buy flowers. You know, just to give them someone as a present. One time, I watched the florist making the bouquet and while she was in the middle of it, I thought: That doesn't look good, I can't give someone that thing as a gift. Should I say something? But as time went on, it all came together and her first steps now made sense to me as groundwork for something I couldn't imagine, because I had never seen anything like it before. And I thought, well, she's been doing this a long time, so thank God I didn't intervene.
So, I think the people at CDPR are not dumb or ignorant, they have been doing this for a long time. And when they are convinced, this is the best way, I trust them and wait for the finished product. I am looking forward to that immersive dialogue, where my options expand when I look around and see something special. It's the perfect simulation of pen & paper RPGs, where you also have to constantly look around and interact with the world. It could be great, so don't rage so much. Let's discuss this.

I rather wait for a 100% sure they delete those cutscene away, before I make a decision . (That and it's..what ? 8 month away?!) .

I don't trust someone on some others forum on the z'internet that swear they have deep ties..and know everything...:rolleyes:

Could easely be just a troll who started this, to rile up the mob .

Even if it's true, they changed their mind now ? They can still change their mind later . 8 Months is a long time....

I rather wait for a 100% sure they delete those cutscene away, before I make a decision . (That and it's..what ? 8 month away?!) .

I don't trust someone on some others forum on the z'internet that swear they have deep ties..and know everything...:rolleyes:

Could easely be just a troll who started this, to rile up the mob .

Even if it's true, they changed their mind now ? They can still change their mind later . 8 Months is a long time....
No way they will have time to create third person animations, think about then scenes direction and then make them in under 8 months for this big of a game which they still have to polish. So if it's true, it's their final decision

No way they will have time to create third person animations, think about then scenes direction and then make them in under 8 months for this big of a game though. So if it's true, it's their final decision
But who confirmed it ? Unless it come from one of the RED (Sorry they are the creators right?), why trust anyone outside of here ?

And plz, don't say it was on Twiddle! That's like saying I saw someone post the end of the world of Facenuke...

One of the creator has to confirm it . That's the only trusted line . They are making the game .

Personally, this whole thing doesn't make sense to me , cose if it's true they removed the cutscene . Then I don't see the point for the cc....

Yet it was there in that Deep dive Vid right ? They could've removed that as well, since no more cutscene . But they didn't .

Hence why it all feel a bit fishy to me .

I think what needs to be clarified, is how many cutscenes are we really going to be missing that were originally third-person? In the 50 minute demo there was only the apartment scene, and I think a short one after the mission was over with Jackie.

the other point i can see for doing FP only cutscenes is because the "cutscenes" for mission dialogue is all supposed to be impressively fluid with no loading, switching out to TP then back to FP would be actually awkward to execute. We have seen all the mission dialogues already are FP, so perhaps there were already so little TP cutscenes in the game that they decided to cut them all together.

Personally I would love for ~50 or so randomized TP cutscenes for when V goes to bed/wakes up. I think it's underestimated how immersive things like that are in games, especially ones that are FP focused

At the end of the day, we need CDPR to provide more clarification.

There's two answers. One by Lilayah on Discord and another by the game Facebook page.
But while the FB one is not that clear, the Lilayah answer is about dialogue cutscenes.
What I personally think is that we've misunderstood what they mean and in reality every scene that features us choosing a dialogue line will be in first person.

But who confirmed it ? Unless it come from one of the RED (Sorry they are the creators right?), why trust anyone outside of here ?

And plz, don't say it was on Twiddle! That's like saying I saw someone post the end of the world of Facenuke...

One of the creator has to confirm it . That's the only trusted line . They are making the game .

Personally, this whole thing doesn't make sense to me , cose if it's true they removed the cutscene . Then I don't see the point for the cc....

Yet it was there in that Deep dive Vid right ? They could've removed that as well, since no more cutscene . But they didn't .

Hence why it all feel a bit fishy to me .

Here you go

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/cydh9l

I hope so. As it stand this game has little no appeal for me. It does not feel cyberpunk enough. It clash with the source material. It plays like a FPS with really super lite elements. Now also this?

I don't know what to think but if that is true i can see a lot of people getting upset. There are already plenty of people still failing to digest the game is first person only. They insist to use something subjective as immersion to prof their point when is really what is it. Subjective.

I hope is not true if is instead true that would justify the laughtable character customization that we seen in the last gameplay. Ah i just seen the imagine now.

Well done cd projekt red you managed to get a bad situation for me even worse.
Honestly showing down your throat what should be immersive for us is a bit toxic. But with this a new low has been hit.

Edit: I hope this image was fake.

Account can be faked . Dev that write on Twitter can write something that wasn't confirmed . You see that everyday, where you get exuses like ''Our account was hacked!'', ''that information was for work in progress'' , ''That Dev doesn't work here anymore..'' etc .

Thanks for the link, but I'm gonna wait for a better source then someone on Twiddle . I don't even go there for pete sake..lol

I think it comes down to whether or not you are okay with first-person perspective in the books you read. Whether you like to watch a set piece or if you want to just get through the dialog as fast as possible to get to the next shootout. Really, whether you are a Witcher fan or a generic action/adventure FPS fan.

I don't play RPGs to basically be myself inside of a game world - I play to be someone else. A pair of hands won't do that for me. Really starting to regret the pre-order now.

to be honest people thinking the cdpr fb account got hacked because they can't believe they would make such a decision is pretty funny to me. maybe cdpr will get that this was important to people.

Let's hope they receive the message... looking at reddit, a lot of people seem to be really disappointed with the change, so I'm not the only one. I mean, one of the selling points for the game has always been character customization, no? But what's the point of that, if you don't even see your character? It will feel just as pointless as it did in Far Cry 5...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom