FPP only cutscenes might be a deal-breaker for me

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope is not true if is instead true that would justify the laughtable character customization that we seen in the last gameplay. Ah i just seen the imagine now.

Character customization was confirmed that it's not all there/complete, and there will be "much more" options at release

what a CDPR employee said on reddit forum: "Yeah, we prepared this screen to give a little taste of how customization can look like, but you can expect much more in the final one. :)"

I think it comes down to whether or not you are okay with first-person perspective in the books you read. Whether you like to watch a set piece or if you want to just get through the dialog as fast as possible to get to the next shootout. Really, whether you are a Witcher fan or a generic action/adventure FPS fan.

I don't play RPGs to basically be myself inside of a game world - I play to be someone else. A pair of hands won't do that for me. Really starting to regret the pre-order now.

Same. Frankly I don't why anyone would want to play an RPG as theirself.

It is a bit disappointing that there won't be third person cutscene content at all.

I don't think you gain anything in "immersion" by not having them in the game, and it greatly undercuts character customization. Seems an all-round bad decision by CDPR.

Last edited:
I think it comes down to whether or not you are okay with first-person perspective in the books you read. Whether you like to watch a set piece or if you want to just get through the dialog as fast as possible to get to the next shootout. Really, whether you are a Witcher fan or a generic action/adventure FPS fan.

I don't play RPGs to basically be myself inside of a game world - I play to be someone else. A pair of hands won't do that for me. Really starting to regret the pre-order now.

Exactly. I play RPGs to be someone else, that's it. I didn't mind the 100% FPP in Bioshock, because it served the narrative and it wasn't an RPG, customization wasn't part of the selling point either, but in an RPG I really wanna look at my character... heck, at this point GTA Online gives me more RPG than Cyberpunk, if this is true... at least there I see the character I created and customized...

Character customization was confirmed that it's not all there/complete, and there will be "much more" options at release

what a CDPR employee said on reddit forum: "Yeah, we prepared this screen to give a little taste of how customization can look like, but you can expect much more in the final one. :)"

one hand they are expanding character customization massively but on the other hand they are cutting most of our ways to see our character in the game. i don't even know what to say to that, it seems like such a dumb decision to me.

Same. Frankly I don't why anyone would want to play an RPG as theirself.

It is a bit disappointing that there won't be third person cutscene content at all.

I don't think you gain anything in "immersion" by not having them in the game, and it greatly undercuts character customization.
When I think of the type of RPG I really enjoy playing, I think of something like the Witcher, with a very strong character and great set-piece dialog cutscenes, and Dragon Age Origins, for pure customization. Old Bioware had the back and forth dialog system down to an art; you can watch your actions have an impact in a more meaningful way if your perspective is set out in third-person. You are watching a character you control, rather than you, the character.

When I think of the type of RPG I really enjoy playing, I think of something like the Witcher, with a very strong character and great set-piece dialog cutscenes, and Dragon Age Origins, for pure customization. Old Bioware had the back and forth dialog system down to an art; you can watch your actions have an impact in a more meaningful way if your perspective is set out in third-person. You are watching a character you control, rather than you, the character.

Pretty much. Or Vampire Bloodlines, which let you choose the perspective.

Pretty much. Or Vampire Bloodlines, which let you choose the perspective.
Maybe if they manage to nail the conversations the way Vampire: The Masquerade did it won't be an issue. There was just something about that game that was magic; you didn't really care that you couldn't see your character (most of the time).

Maybe if they manage to nail the conversations the way Vampire: The Masquerade did it won't be an issue. There was just something about that game that was magic; you didn't really care that you couldn't see your character (most of the time).

True, but customization was pretty weak in that game anyway, so it didn't matter much. I still preferred to play it mostly TPP and the non-dialogue cutscenes were TPP.

So is there a chance they could bring back the cool character biographie screen from last year…..damn that woul be awesome

I do not understand CDPR if they remove cutscene TPP and they waste their time creating a sophisticated character creation system it's completely stupid ...
if you never see his character what is the interest of making a customization system for V?

I hope we will have clarification from the developers because it is really not clear ...

Assuming this is all accurate, I find it quite interesting that they're doing everything, even sex scenes, in 1st person. They're really committing to the 'you are in the game' theme. I say that instead of using the word immersion as it seemingly means different things to different people and discussions often end up going around in circles.

I wonder if it's possible they're eyeing up a future VR version? VR is, after all, the most immersi - oops - I mean, the most 'you are in the game' style.

Assuming this is all accurate, I find it quite interesting that they're doing everything, even sex scenes, in 1st person. They're really committing to the 'you are in the game' theme. I say that instead of using the word immersion as it seemingly means different things to different people and discussions often end up going around in circles.

I wonder if it's possible they're eyeing up a future VR version?
God I hope not. I feel like this is one of the games that will define game development for the next few years, the way Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and The Witcher did. I do not want to see a bunch of first-person only "rpgs" selling an immersive VR experience. VR sucks.

God I hope not. I feel like this is one of the games that will define game development for the next few years, the way Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and The Witcher did. I do not want to see a bunch of first-person only "rpgs" selling an immersive VR experience. VR sucks.

I love VR but do feel it'll only be truly worthwhile when proper movement (that doesn't make me nauseous) becomes available.

Imagine truly feeling like you're walking through Nightcity. Well, it appeals to me at least.

Right now on discord.
Dev said they haven't talked about cutscenes in their last message. And they will not talk about it.
Guess they were indeed cut and they're testing the waters

that's ridiculous. i mean we saw tpp cutscenes (the elevator and the appartment one) in the 2018 demo. whenever someone raised a complaint about first person and not seeing your own V the official cdpr answer was always "you'll see V in the menu, during third person driving and in CUTSCENES". telling us if these cutscenes are still in the game should be an easy and straight answer. suddenly they can't talk about it anymore? the communication coming from cdpr lately hasn't been great, especially for a company that claims they are so close to their fans.

Right now on discord.
Dev said they haven't talked about cutscenes in their last message. And they will not talk about it.
Guess they were indeed cut and they're testing the waters
It's very clear what they are doing if you are familiar with business.

They cut a feature people wanted - what use is it for them to announce that fact? Especially when most of their marketing right now is viral and (relatively) cheap via word-of-mouth from those very people they just pissed off?

Rather, the smart thing to do would be to not say anything until it gets closer to launch. That way, people can still waiver and think, "well maybe it will have third-person! They never said it didn't!" and not cancel their pre-orders and sour on the game when it's still a few months away.

There is zero reason to financially take a hit right now on this. They can just be ambiguous and refuse to address the issue until it becomes too late for people to really complain about it.

Unfortunate that sex scenes are fpp. I'm not bothered by cut scenes being fpp because they said the cut scenes are seamless like with the gameplay (like gow) and interactive so making them third person wouldn't make sense.
Post automatically merged:

that's ridiculous. i mean we saw tpp cutscenes (the elevator and the appartment one) in the 2018 demo. whenever someone raised a complaint about first person and not seeing your own V the official cdpr answer was always "you'll see V in the menu, during third person driving and in CUTSCENES". telling us if these cutscenes are still in the game should be an easy and straight answer. suddenly they can't talk about it anymore? the communication coming from cdpr lately hasn't been great, especially for a company that claims they are so close to their fans.

The 2018 demo was always subject to change and wasn't the final version of the game. Also the game is still in development so they probably didn't know how they would do cut scenes at that point in time.

Apparently on CD Projekt's discord, Lilayah says they have never talked about cutscene or a possible change of directions about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom