FPP only cutscenes might be a deal-breaker for me

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they won't comment on it right now because it's still a feature they are deciding on / tinkering with
It's only a few months before release - they can't put it back in now if it wasn't a core part of the game. It would require rigging for so many different things, which is a full endeavor.

It's out. It was probably out shortly after the first reveal trailer to save on asset time (don't have to rig up the cut scenes means shorter development time and a faster release date).

I mean, I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Lot of assumptions, many of which are boosted by other websites and forums and the hivemind feedback.

Welcome! To all our new posters! I see MANY Joined Today persons.

Let us recall our Rules:

Be Nice.

Be Respectful.

Be Constructive.

CDPR wants to hear from you!

But, also wait to hear from them. Remember the game is in development -and- it is still their game before it is our game. They -must- follow their vision. Respect that artistic goal!

Concern is good! Feedback is good! This will not be the last time you are concerned before or after Release.

Perspective and Proportion, thanks.

Haven't logged in since witcher 3. Just wanted to say I fully support this decision if its true, as it would make cutscenes totally seamless and the entire game feeling cinematic at all times. I loved witcher 3 but deep down still preferred the bethesda games because of first person and free form combat, hopefully 2077 will deliver a fantastic, different experience than TW3.

....First person sex scenes? Like... what? How? Why?

Apart from that, story telling just works better in third person than in first person. Bringing Skyrim as an example is a bad idea, as it's story telling, what little there is, is definitely not good in that game.

Not saying they couldn't pull off good story telling in first person, maybe they can, but that still would leave the then useless character creation - which is a pretty big deal, to be honest.
I was under the impression that one of the differences to Witcher 3 was, that you now play your OWN character, not some predefined one. But if it's first person only, then I would again only choose dialogue options, skill a bit, and wear different items. I could do all that in Witcher 3 already though.
A big part of playing your own character and actually recognizing them as your own is SEEING what they look like. If that's not the case, everyone is just going to be a slightly different V, just like everyone was a slightly different Geralt.

I was hoping this game would scratch my itch for a good custom character and clothing options that
R* are not doing for GT
A:O but if this turns out to be true, oh boy that line CD are walking just got a lot thinner for me.

I don’t agree that they should be making a game for their vision but what will make people buy this game. With everything that’s been going on for the last couple weeks they need to really listen to their fans or else their sales will take a hit, and then was their “vision” worth losing fans and money. They need to be building a game for us not them because we are the ones that buy it.

Haven't logged in since witcher 3. Just wanted to say I fully support this decision if its true, as it would make cutscenes totally seamless and the entire game feeling cinematic at all times. I loved witcher 3 but deep down still preferred the bethesda games because of first person and free form combat, hopefully 2077 will deliver a fantastic, different experience than TW3.

Thing is, at least Bethesda games (I assume you're referring to TES and Fallout) always give us the choice between 1st person or 3rd person, I feel like CDPR could do the same here for Cyberpunk, to an extent. I mean what's the point of all the character customization if we're barely going to see it anyways ? It voids an apparently big part of the game.

I'm not asking for a full 3rd person but at least something that allows us to see our char whenever we want to. If all the customization would've never been advertised I'd be totally fine with 1st person only, but that's not the case, they made it a big part of their marketing.

If all the customization would've never been advertised I'd be totally fine with 1st person only, but that's not the case, they made it a big part of their marketing.

This.
I don't NEED character custimization in a game. For example, I love the new Deus Ex games, which have a similiar setting.
But if you make a big deal out of custimization and pour a lot of ressources in it, then why in god's name would you want to make that customization almost meaningless?

....First person sex scenes? Like... what? How? Why?
Two words: Far Cry

And as for story telling, it's more about immersion. Many people complained about witcher 3 having way too many cutscenes, and that it was like watchign a movie. I guess for story telling it works, but it its not always very fun or immersive. From the deep dive video I get the impression that CDPR wants to make you feel like you are there, rather than a passenger or moviegoer just observing the action.

I actually agree. I was okay with FPP because I would get to see my character from time to time. But to have everything in FPP is worrisome. They're even planning to do the sex scenes in FPP. Has anyone seen the gta V prostitute sex scenes in FPP? I Just watched it on youtube, and the angles are awful. The camera is literally focused on the side of the prostitute's head throughout the whole ordeal. There is just so many things a FPP can't do, especially when trying to illustrate intimacy between characters. How is kissing even going to happen between the player character and an NPC? I was able to get my hands on the collector's edition, so I'm not going to cancel it. Though I am baffled at how they are going to pull off a lot of things just using the limited perspective of FP.

I can kinda understand why they would do this if this is actually true, since if full immersion really is their goal then they likely believe that shifting between TPP and FPP would be immersion breaking and while I don't fully agree with that I can understand it. It doesn't really hurt the game too much for me as long as there are many opportunities to see the rest of V's body such as arms and legs for example like when he/she plopped into victor's chair.

I really, really do not like this, like a lot. My hype for this game has been halved in the last week or two alone.
Post automatically merged:

I actually agree. I was okay with FPP because I would get to see my character from time to time. But to have everything in FPP is worrisome. They're even planning to do the sex scenes in FPP. Has anyone seen the gta V prostitute sex scenes in FPP? I Just watched it on youtube, and the angles are awful. The camera is literally focused on the side of the prostitute's head throughout the whole ordeal. There is just so many things a FPP can't do, especially when trying to illustrate intimacy between characters. How is kissing even going to happen between the player character and an NPC? I was able to get my hands on the collector's edition, so I'm not going to cancel it. Though I am baffled at how they are going to pull off a lot of things just using the limited perspective of FP.

I got the PS4 ce, but I was gping to get a PC physical, but now I might just play it on my pro.

The thing is, when they said couple of months ago that we will have no tpp option in the game, many of us were "whining" about that. I know I was. I remember that I and many others, we were asking "what is the point of character customization, when you will be not able to see your own character"??? Then they have said: "Oh, don't worry you guys. You will be able to see your character in all those cool tpp cutscenes we will have in game". Couple of months have past and now we have this. So, gain, what is the point of character customization? Or maybe devs are planning to remove this also? More I see and read about this game, less excited I am. And its not only about this tpp stuff. All I Am hearing from devs is how "hardcore rpg" this game will be (what ever this even means). But I just don't see it. Also "muh immersion".

The thing is, when they said couple of months ago that we will have no tpp option in the game, many of us were "whining" about that. I know I was. I remember that I and many others, we were asking "what is the point of character customization, when you will be not able to see your own character"??? Then they have said: "Oh, don't worry you guys. You will be able to see your character in all those cool tpp cutscenes we will have in game". Couple of months have past and now we have this. So, gain, what is the point of character customization? Or maybe devs are planning to remove this also? More I see and read about this game, less excited I am. And its not only about this tpp stuff. All I Am hearing from devs is how "hardcore rpg" this game will be (what ever this even means). But I just don't see it. Also "muh immersion".
It's because they never intended to do it in the first place; they just didn't want a backlash so early in their advertisement cycle. It's the same reason they are being vague now - not to lose the viral marketing leading up to the release.

Yeah the more I see from the game the more I realize this game is more of an action FPS, with a few RPG elements sprinkled in.
Post automatically merged:

That sounds utterly horrifying just imagining the logistics/visuals of it in FPP. Staring directly into someones closed eyes and face squished into and taking up the entirity of my monitor? yikes!
LOL, I know it's not going to work. We are not going to get what we got from the witcher 3. Just remember how well done those scenes with Yennefer were (Sorry never picked Triss). That intimacy factor is gone, more so because you can't animate kissing and a lot of other movement in FPP.

CDPR if you're reading this, the cutscene in last year's demo where V was in her apartment waking up and brushing her teeth and taking the phone call through her eyes, all in a third person cutscene, was EVERYTHING to me. It convinced me first person only was good as long as we could sometimes see V in cutscenes every now and again. Lots of people feel the same way.

We get it, this game is mostly first person and FPP dialogue will blend in with gameplay in first person, but don't take away some of our cutscenes like mass effect or witcher had. V will never be us ultimately because he/she has their own personality and voice actor. And please don't take the lazy route and make copy paste cutscenes like getitng out of bed/fast travel cutscenes that use the same cutscene animations everytime. Make them distinct. Thank you

Keive

Forum regular
I was one of the people who wasn't exactly well... looking forward to FPP but because they said we would see our character and that the customization was going to be well, pretty great all around, I was still excited.

I honestly feel lied to now. I wasn't someone who played Witcher or knew anything about this company, so this is my only experience, I also imagine for some of us that this is the same. I also have no knowledge of Cyberpunk 2020 or anything cyberpunk related in that whole genre, so again.. first experience.

I don't understand how they came to that decision? Immersive? V is set in stone, V in no way or form is close to how I am, so this wouldn't be like I'm in this world, not even a little bit. So I wanted to play someone else, not me, but now it feels like were in some weird area between playing someone else and us at the same time? Eh, I'm probably not making any sense lol.
Basically,
Why?

What I really don't like is that, basically, the ENTIRE 2018 demo was just a pre-alpha-alpha bullshot as far as the camera was concerned. I really don't believe CDPR should have put that video out if they had no intention of doing anything in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom