FPP only cutscenes might be a deal-breaker for me

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullshit, how is a first person Interactive Scene System better, when its basically a camera looking at NPC's talk?

Arguing game-play design decisions from your armchair is perfectly fine but you are expected to relay your ideas in a friendly manner and temper your language when posting on these forums.

Lol, what in God's name is brave about this?
the fact that people like you are mad with the decision god knows why and still they decided to keep their vision making a game full centered on FPP so that everything can be smooth and optimized for that, like the interactive scene system.

So, having nerves of steel(to be cool) let you stay alive under heavy fire from enemy machine guns??? some one need to tell that to all the soldiers in combat zones, that they just need to be cool and they will stay alive since bulets will bounce of them, artilery will miss them and explosion will just blow dust on them.
That's the same as in the 2020 PnP, Cool is like "cool under fire" not "man that guy sure is cool." Empathy was the stat regarding persuasiveness.

Arguing game-play design decisions from your armchair is perfectly fine but you are expected to relay your ideas in a friendly manner and temper your language when posting on these forums.
Apologies, perhaps the word BS came off as aggressive. I shall refrain from cursing from now on.

As much as I like what CDPR is trying to do, this game isn't DOOM. CDPR creates games that have great storytelling, and to me, TPP cutscenes are an essential part of telling that story.

This game isn't Doom, but it isn't Mass Effect either.
And: Doom and Dishonored (1 & 2) are both FPP games, but both play completely different.
I think, CDPR is trying to merge Immersive Sims and RPGs, and I also thought, that the world design and (environmental) storytelling of Dishonored (especially 2) worked very well. So, imagine this kind of detailed world as an open RPG world. It's great!

That's the same as in the 2020 PnP, Cool is like "cool under fire" not "man that guy sure is cool." Empathy was the stat regarding persuasiveness.

One of Developers say how Cold Blood skill who is under Cool, let you if you get a lot of damage to do more damage and stay alive, he didn't say it let you stay calm under fire or you won't be supress by enemy fire, he say you do more damage and stay alive that way, so that sound like you get to be immortal for a short time, so you can kill thos enemis and stay alive.

the fact that people like you are mad with the decision god knows why and still they decided to keep their vision making a game full centered on FPP so that everything can be smooth and optimized for that, like the interactive scene system.
What? They literally said that they changed their "vision", that is the character creation, because they listened to the "fans".

How is that sticking to their vision.

2. No, their original vision, at least as far as we know, was to have a mix of First Person gameplay and Third Person Cutscenes.

Now they've changed their tune.

I don't understand how that's brave. It just seems like they didn't have a strong enough vision to begin with.

Changing your vision months before release sounds very very brave to me. They should win an award for how brave they are
Post automatically merged:

This game isn't Doom, but it isn't Mass Effect either.
And: Doom and Dishonored (1 & 2) are both FPP games, but both play completely different.
I think, CDPR is trying to merge Immersive Sims and RPGs, and I also thought, that the world design and (environmental) storytelling of Dishonored (especially 2) worked very well. So, imagine this kind of detailed world as an open RPG world. It's great!
At least none of them pretended to give you a choice of customizing a character. They gave you fully formed characters and told their stories. That's cool.

What? They literally said that they changed their "vision", that is the character creation, because they listened to the "fans".
character creation was present in last year's demo as well, they simply added more options since then.
No, their original vision, at least as far as we know, was to have a mix of First Person gameplay and Third Person Cutscenes.
You clearly made this up. there is no evidence for this, the game has always be presented as FPP with some TPP, and that's what we have since TPP is possible when driving.

Anyway, it's not my job to do PR for them. You can cancel your pre-order (or never buy the game) if you're not satisfied with perspectives. I'm happy they focused on only one perspective but done right.

character creation was present in last year's demo as well, they simply added more options since then.

You clearly made this up. there is no evidence for this, the game has always be presented as FPP with some TPP, and that's what we have since TPP is possible when driving.

Anyway, it's not my job to do PR for them. You can cancel your pre-order (or never buy the game) if you're not satisfied with perspectives. I'm happy they focused on only one perspective but done right.
Eh, don't get mad.

We all came here to have discussions about the game and we'll all of course have different opinions.

Its better to have differing views than being stuck in an echo chamber where all everyone can talk about is how great it is.

Big problem here is CDPR lack of communication with fans(buyers), both TPP and Gender removal fiasco came out from lack of clear communication, and every comment by CDPR is to vague when ask about something, even now when they say we will have TPP on occasion, that is so vague what that mean in game who is 100+ hour long? for example one TPP cutscene on every 35 hour.

They say they care what fans think, but they clearly don't communicat well with us, big let down was that game is FPP only but TPP cutscenes was next best thing till some TPP mod is made, but now even that TPP cutscenes will be maybe 1 or 2 on occasion.

Not everyone feels immersed in first person i don't for example and i do own some fpp games as well. It is sad to see a setting you love being reduced to not even a former shadow of what the pen and paper was. If the interest is in immersive storytelling only perharps move away from gaming and go to develop TV series is way better.

I don't get and i refuse to swallow who attempts to shovel in my throat first person is more immersive. It is for some not for others stop speaking by absolutes.

I miss the times Rpg were made for people that loved rpg's.

Another thing. Lie is a thing. Half truth is even worse.

Okay fine no seeing the character, I don’t like it, I respect theirs and everyone who’s defending their decision, but I still don’t like it and I disagree with the whole immersion thing. I understand if they are planning something for VR and don’t wanna tell us, or if it’s cause of budget/time constraints. I disagree with the strong break in immersion part.

However, even the romance scenes too? Huggind and kissing in first person? Can it get more awkward?? And the sex scenes? I’m sorry but it just sounds so cringe. I like romance in games so I’ll probably set up my character with someone, but I’d rather have a fade out than a scene in first person like that... I mean good luck to them making it look cool and all but yeah... I’d still rather prefer at least those be in third person...

If this change is for VR, I'd be really sad. VR is a joke and it will lead to a crop of horrible "rpg-lite" games if it is successful.

Modeling will take an enormous hit. Think about when you talk to someone in real life - do you watch their face the entire time? Their body language? You might make eye contact, but only because it's polite. In a VR game, though, you don't have to be polite. You won't be looking at the characters most of the time, so devs will cut corners. They'll make dialog shorter to get to the action. Those are the types of people VR appeals to.

It's a gimmick. If they actually cut this game down to appeal to the VR crowd, it will be horrible.

First person only? Well, good that its time to decide whether i want to buy it or not. If it doesnt have the features i like, its a no buy, same as with any other game.
Im already not into Keanus likeness being put into the game and not like with Charles Dance and Emhyr, only his voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom