FPP only cutscenes might be a deal-breaker for me

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to add this, one of the fear for this game ever since E3 last year is that maybe FPP was pick not for immersion, but for big plan connected with Multiplayer part of the game.

The thumbnail for that video is LITERALLY a third-person cutscene.

Did they say "Every TPP cutscene is change to be FPP" ? Nop

Did they say "Most of the game is in FPP" ? Yes, like they always said and like we already saw last year

"Work in progress - Does not represent the final look of the game."
Did they say "Every TPP cutscene is change to be FPP" ? Nop

Did they say "Most of the game is in FPP" ? Yes, like they always said and like we already saw last year
Then they should change the thumbnail. It's disingenuous to put what is going to amount to a very, very minor feature as the thumbnail to your most-viewed gameplay video.

7 month before game come out? at this point i think is time to stop beating that drum.
7 final months is a lot. It's time of the hardest crunch. Systems are being implemented in their final form. Visuals, optimization... Plenty of stuff is being finalized, replaced, discarded.

7 month before game come out? at this point i think is time to stop beating that drum.
You mean probably five months...the game will have to go gold in five months at least to meet the demand of all the preorders (at least those that still kept them after various disappointments and controversies), so that makes it even more likely most of what we see is what we will get.
Wait, wait...may have to shave some time off that as well as don't the final draft of these things have to go through Sony and Microsoft for approval?

You mean probably five months...the game will have to go gold in five months to meet the demand of all the preorders (at least those that still kept them after various disappointments and controversies), so that makes it even more likely most of what we see is what we will get.
We also don't know how old is the build we saw in the demo. Most likely it's something crafted for public demonstrations. Considering it was presented on E3 a few months ago, maybe it was created early in 2019 or during Spring. Means a year before the release.

Then they should change the thumbnail. It's disingenuous to put what is going to amount to a very, very minor feature as the thumbnail to your most-viewed gameplay video.

Last year, we saw every cutscene in FPP except 30 secondes who is still here. How can you think Cyberpunk will have a lot of TPP cut scene?

Guest 3573786

Inb4 driving also being in fpp and customization no longer being an option.

Has there been some change in management in cdpr or something?

It seems every time I hear something about the game it's one bad thing after another...

We also don't know how old is the build we saw in the demo. Most likely it's something crafted for public demonstrations. Considering it was presented on E3 a few months ago, maybe it was created early in 2019 or during Spring. Means a year before the release.
Feel free to err on the side of hopeful optimism...I've seen enough scenarios similar to this to prefer healthy pessimism. Makes it less likely one will be disappointed in the end. :ok:

Feel free to err on the side of hopeful optimism...I've seen enough scenarios similar to this to prefer healthy pessimism. Makes it less likely one will be disappointed in the end. :ok:
What optimism? If you think I mean in the sense that the game will magically transform into the game of my dreams, you got me wrong. What I'm saying is that they have full right to add that disclaimer because some stuff will change. Most definitely.

Last year, we saw every cutscene in FPP except 30 secondes who is still here. How can you think Cyberpunk will have a lot of TPP cut scene?
*again*, a third-person cutscene is. literally. the. thumbnail. of their most-watched gameplay video.

Why not put a first-person segment as your thumbnail? Why not put driving, or the gunplay, or the customization you promoted so much? It's disingenuous.

The thumbnail for that video is LITERALLY a third-person cutscene.

And? Is there some sort of convention for not showing in-game characters on promotional materials for FPP focused games?

If there is, many MANY games and devs didn't get the memo. Doom, Deus Ex, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Battlefront, Borderlands, the list goes on.

You can call it whatever you want but buying or forming an opinion about a game from one thumbnail isn't going to end well, and it's not like that's what was asked of anyone.

I really really hope driving doesn't become just FPP, otherwise I'm walking in game lol (Seriously, tried out that perspective for GTA 5 and I didn't know how nauseated it would be for me)

Also~
Even if we barely see our V, I still want a really amazing customization.

Hopefully more things don't get cut out from this.

What optimism? If you think I mean in the sense that the game will magically transform into the game of my dreams, you got me wrong. What I'm saying is that they have full right to add that disclaimer because some stuff will change. Most definitely.
Sure, some stuff...but like I said, not most.

People here and on reddit were making a lot of noise about the decision to not include TPP mode, but when someone started petition for the change, it fall short of it's goal, because outside of that vocal minority no one really cared. It won't be any different this time around, of that I'm sure.

I want TPP and I never heard of that petition. And even if I did, I probably wouldn't have signed it either. Petitions are useless.

If this change is for VR, I'd be really sad. VR is a joke and it will lead to a crop of horrible "rpg-lite" games if it is successful.

Modeling will take an enormous hit. Think about when you talk to someone in real life - do you watch their face the entire time? Their body language? You might make eye contact, but only because it's polite. In a VR game, though, you don't have to be polite. You won't be looking at the characters most of the time, so devs will cut corners. They'll make dialog shorter to get to the action. Those are the types of people VR appeals to.

It's a gimmick. If they actually cut this game down to appeal to the VR crowd, it will be horrible.

Don't ever pretend to know what I think because I play VR, even more if it's for being insulting, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom