FPP only cutscenes might be a deal-breaker for me

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly you shouldn't be too worried on that part. They did cut some RPG features but it's mostly still an RPG from what I can tell (choice of build, multiple approaches to the story etc...). I mean if you consider Deus Ex an RPG then CP2077 isn't any less an RPG as they look pretty similar. The only major RPG content that we know they have cut are "chilhood hero" and "why have you come to Night City" roleplay options.

As for customization, they claimed that they are working on expanding the choices for the player to define their character. I assume the CC we see in the last video is just a WIP of the new iteration.

I think I'd honestly be somewhat happy with even half of what they shown. Though I do miss the childhood hero and reason coming to Night City. Wouldn't really be my ideal RPG anymore but the game seems entertaining regardless, also I haven't seen any game I've been interested in so long (execpt one that was canceled after 8 years) so I'm honestly putting my hope and wallet to Cyberpunk 2077.
I'll deal with whats cut and the whole FPP :shrug:

I'm sorry but she is...not a great source to cite. And I'm being nice here.[/QUOTE]

You seem to be a cool person who makes very good post but in this i completely disagree with you . She has forgotten more on the lore of CP then most will ever know and she has direct contact with CDPR devs like Pawel Sasko and Lilayah .

I honestly think that this change in their official twitter says everything anyone needs to know. It's an action/shooting game rather than an RPG. They will cut all the superfluous elements that detract from that before launch, probably. Third-person takes you out of the shooting mindset; why would they keep it?

1567465331704.png

I honestly think that this change in their official twitter says everything anyone needs to know. It's an action/shooting game rather than an RPG. They will cut all the superfluous elements that detract from that before launch, probably. Third-person takes you out of the shooting mindset; why would they keep it?

View attachment 11014214
Good find. It probably will be a FPS shooter with some RPG elements

View attachment 11014214
Wow... honestly now I don't know how much I want this. Perhaps this just seemed like a better option to put instead of RPG?

Wow... honestly now I don't know how much I want this. Perhaps this just seemed like a better option to put instead of RPG?
Or maybe you should just play a modded Skyrim? Most people wanted an actual RPG out of this, considering the PnP background.

What? controls can be clumsy in any game both in TPP or FPP, i never had a problem with control in TPP or that they was so clumsy as you say.

Max Payne game is set in urban setting and have good shooting, Vanquish sci fi game with good TPP shooting, The Division also set in city with good shooting, all of these games are good and TPP work great in them.
How many FPP compared to TPP have you actually played where you're walking into doorways, getting stuck on static objects, knocking over dynamic objects, etc.?

Furthermore, it appears to be a design strategy in which TPP games often have more open areas, tend to stay away from smaller rooms or corridors, etc. FOV tends to become an issue in many TPP games indoors as well, which isn't an issue for FPP games. Camera clipping, body getting in way of objects, etc. appears to be an issue as well.

I stay away from games like Destiny and the Division, so I couldn't attest to that (though a lot of gameplay seems outdoors and when indoors it can appear unnatural with player movements). From what I've seen of other popular games (Assassins Creed, GTA, Gears of War, The Witcher, Mafia and TLOU) third person is less than optimal in tighter areas, especially where GTA and Witcher 3 is involved.

That being said:
1.) It mostly comes down to personal preference.
2.) Each perspective is better for different things. TPP works better in games like Witcher and Dragon Age.
3.) Perspective might not impact RPG elements, but it can definitely change the narrative and environmental feel.

Me? I prefer FPP and Isometric over TPP for gameplay, but I would never want a game like TLOU to be in anything but TPP. And while I personally feel the FPP is beneficial for this type of game (as do the developers, which are actually developing the game), I do think they should have the ability to toggle perspectives like Fallout 3-76 allows. Ultimately, I always vote for a developer to stick to their creative vision.

My personal favorite developer is Kojima, partially related to an interview he had at one point where he expressed that he actually expected to lose overall money and sales with certain design choices, but that he wouldn't sacrifice his vision for that.

Guest 3573786

View attachment 11014214
Wow, that's... pretty sad to see.

I have to say CD you've shot your self in the foot with this one its one thing to play in first person its another when you put cut scenes in FPS whitch won't work why do you think all films scenes are not done from characters prospective cause it very really works from the audience point of view when there watching it on TV

1st post here...I am really disappointed that they indeed decided to continue with the FPP for gameplay but now, for most cut scenes as well. I'm glad I didn't preorder just incase this was some sort of let down which I thought was not gonna happen! not deal breaking like this! The Bottom line. They should listen to their fans, there should be at least an option for tpp or fpp, like dang even fallout 76 has that!

So long story short, I won't be preordering and if they don't add tpp I might not even buy the game at full price, because at the end of the day. I want what I want, and if they won't even listen, then I'll take my money elsewhere. I am glad that more people are speaking out on this, we all got excited for an rpg experience. Hope they can give us a simple thing like tpp.

why do you think all films scenes are not done from characters prospective cause it very really works from the audience point of view when there watching it on TV

To be fair, that's exactly why they are doing FPP, even in most cutscenes, imo.

You're not supposed to be an observer like you are when you watch TV. You're not supposed to be the audience. You're supposed to be the character in the game yourself, participating in the world before you, looking at it through your eyes, living in the city yourself. It's why they use the term immersive...it's YOU in the game, a character you are 'being', one you are assuming the persona of.

Or at least as much as is possible when combining a screen and your imagination. You know what I mean?

Another thing that bothers me is that we will never see V's emotions.
One of the most emotional moments for me in Witcher 3 was seeing Geralt's face when he saw Vesemir lying dead on the ground after the Battle of Kaer Morhen.

Now the only way to show V's emotions will be through his/her voice, which will imo never be as impactful as seeing the face during certain key moments in the game.

You still don't get it, do you ? You will play as V, you will be that character you create. You will feel all these emotions. You won't need a third person view to understand what you feel inside. You gonna have these tears on your cheeks and smile on your face in real life. That's what CDPR are trying to make.

You will play as V, you will be that character you create. You will feel all these emotions. You won't need a third person view to understand what you feel inside. You gonna have these tears on your cheeks and smile on your face in real life. That's what CDPR are trying to make.

Yay! Someone who gets it :) I agree completely.

The funny thing is that lots of people here are saying that TPP is much better for role-playing and that they want a true rpg. However, one of the many elements of an rpg is to 'pretend' to be someone else. That's also called, funnily enough, role-playing.

So yeah, I think you're spot on. When you are the one experiencing the emotions, you shouldn't need to have it signposted by the avatar's face. Needing to see a character's expression is more on par with watching a movie, something CDPR are seemingly not aiming for.

Lastly, given how some facial animations can be funny/weird, especially when you have custom-made the face yourself, it can sometimes actually take away from the moment. Though that's mainly a technical issue. Mass Effect Andromeda anyone?

Sorry they won't change the most. Probably a huge disappointment.
Disappointment to who? Me? Nah, not really...after trying The Witcher 3 and not being terribly impressed and after learning that this game will be first-person with no third person option last year, I learned to greatly temper any expectations that this would be anything other than a good evolution of the Deus Ex series.

Others may be disappointed that a lot of things seen in the trailers won't change, but I'm expecting what others are already proclaiming to be a masterpiece or GOTY to be merely a good game that I'll eventually buy if the reviews from reviewers I find my tastes in games align with have good things to say about it...and that's the extent of my cautious optimism.

To be honest I dislike having no TPP Cutscenes except in select scenarios however I do believe that Id rather wait and see how the game is before I judge it yet. Personally Ive learned that letting a dev do what they want and make the game as their vision is the best case scenario. Just to clarify Im not saying "HOW DARE YOU VOICE YOUR OPINION", Im simply stating that from my experience its best to wait and see exactly how the game plays and for more clarification on exactly when these TPP cut-scenes would occur if ever. Regardless I hope everyone enjoys the week, stays safe from Dorian, and enjoys the game when it releases :)

You still don't get it, do you ? You will play as V, you will be that character you create. You will feel all these emotions. You won't need a third person view to understand what you feel inside. You gonna have these tears on your cheeks and smile on your face in real life. That's what CDPR are trying to make.

Damn, you nailed it.

I heard there will still be third-person scenes but most will be first-person scenes. So, not all scenes will be in first-person.

As for me, I don't mind at all except when a kissing scene happens. That would feel really awkward to look at. Also, don't forget the blur effect but I think CD Projeck Red can solved that by giving us the option of turning it off.

CDPR have stated that one of their primary inspirations for Cyberpunk 2077 is Deus Ex, and DE had a lot of TPP cutscenes; however several cutscenes were also designed to be experienced purely in FPP. Just look at the opening for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, right after you've completed the prologue. Here we have an entire cutscene rendered exclusively in FPP. However, the rest of the game mostly consists of TPP cutscenes.

I bet we'd get something close to like Deus Ex.

The game was created like this (FPP only, very small amount of TPP cut scenes) at least since the decision to go full FPP and nobody was bothered about that. Even more - everybody just loved the ripperdoc scene. But now plenty of people just rages, because they "assumed" they will get something completely different. Even worse, some of those are accusing CDPR of lying and insincerity, which is f... insane. While I understand that having concerns is perfectly normal, raging before seeing the final product is not.

Oh, and one more thing - for the "I'm canceling my preorder" crowd. CDPR told us politely: if you have any considerations and you are unsure if you will like this game, they don't pre-order. Just wait for the final game.

View attachment 11014214
Looks like if you want your true cyberpunk RPG, you'll once again have to turn to the isometric offerings like the Shadowrun series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom