FPP only cutscenes might be a deal-breaker for me

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind a lot of FPP if I could actually move my head (visual angle) and see parts of my body all of the time no matter what I am doing. Or, seeing my hands if I grab a soda, open a door, or seeing my legs/feet as I loot a body that is dead below me. Nothing like that has been shown. I feel like I will be an invisible head with set animations with my body for very specific scenes, but that I will not be able to just walk around the city and look down at my body while I am just casually walking. Sure, I'll see my legs in say a cutscene or plot points, or if I vault or slide I will see my body in a preset animation, but I feel like I won't be able to just push an elevator button and actually see my hand push it. Or just stop walking on a street and just look down at my bottom torso, legs, and boots, etc.

It feels like a Deux Ex action/adventure game (that is still a good game to me) with RPG stats/min-maxing/implants/weapon and clothes customization) but without the ability to ever really see your character in actual action versus I imagine 2-5% TPP cutscenes and 1-2% mirror moments and then inventory menus, etc. I doubt I can feel fully immersed not seeing every action V takes with corresponding FPP visual animations. For me, that's always been the weakness for a FPP RPG because no one ever goes 100% immersive with that view. You always have too much invisible head with no body and it's not realistically immersive to me because even in my own FPP in real life, I can always see numerous parts of my body by just glancing slightly down/left/right, etc..that's true every single moment you exist and are alive on this planet. I never have nor will I ever personally for even one second in real life be an invisible head with no body view but most FPP games do this all the time. (I think FPP is fantastic for shooting though) I'm pretty confident unfortunately that those types of animations will be sacrificed. I'll end up just mouse clicking a lot of actions (opening/closing/grabbing/pushing/etc) and it just happens, etc.

And I'm sorry if it feels like I am bashing the game, that's not my intent. I just feel like this is an RPG-lite game but much more a shooter/action/adventure with decent FPP immersion for other characters/the world but not my own character with likely a great story, good quests, and nice mission variety like Deus Ex. That's still a pretty good game, but no way will I think it's better than W3 if that's all it is in the end. But to be fair, you have to actually see the game first to know for sure.

Step 1: Introduce the teaser trailer in 2013 and use the solid CDPR RPG fan base for viral marketing hype.

Step 2: Promise your game is a RPG and not a FPS with RPG elements to keep the core market.

Step 3: Actually make a "open world action adventure" for mass appeal.

Step 4: Profit hand over fist.
And you just hit the nail on the head. I don't know how they don't have enough money from The Witcher, but I guess they don't. Really, really sad. The world needs fewer "open world FPS" games rather than more of them.

Step 1: Introduce the teaser trailer in 2013 and use the solid CDPR RPG fan base for viral marketing hype.

Step 2: Promise your game is a RPG and not a FPS with RPG elements to keep the core market.

That's the summary of "What CDPR planned for Cyberpunk" unfortunately. I am sure most if not all waited for a good RPG experience. My expectations are low now, beyond that I believe CP2077 will be high Metacritic ranked trash game now.

I could honestly care less about what perspective a game is in, however I can only assume this decision has to be something other than immersion as perspective has nothing to do with immersion in a game. It makes me think that it's a time saver, like there's some technical challenge they are having trouble overcoming and somehow making it all FP helps in some way. I mean, they can make whatever game they want.. but they shouldn't try to justify the change as one perspective being more immersive than another.

That's the summary of "What CDPR planned for Cyberpunk" unfortunately. I am sure most if not all waited for a good RPG experience. My expectations are low now, beyond that I believe CP2077 will be high Metacritic ranked trash game now.
I don't think it will be trash, I just think many people who were wanting a true RPG first and foremost based on initial impressions and the IP's PnP origins are going to be disappointed.

Of course I'd love to be proven wrong about this, but until I see more than what looks like an FPS with RPG elements I'll remain skeptical.

The game was created like this (FPP only, very small amount of TPP cut scenes) at least since the decision to go full FPP and nobody was bothered about that. Even more - everybody just loved the ripperdoc scene. But now plenty of people just rages, because they "assumed" they will get something completely different.
"Nobody was bothered about that".
What are you talking about? People were very' VERY upset about that.
"Even more - everybody just loved the ripperdoc scene."
Now you are "assuming" something.
"But now plenty of people just rages, because they "assumed" they will get something completely different."
Maybe because when we were "raging" back then, we were told that there will be lot of tpp cut scenes in game. Inb4, "they never said there will be a lot, just small amount. Show me were they have said a lot".
You first, show me were they said back then that there be "only very small amount" of tpp cut scenes.

The game was created like this (FPP only, very small amount of TPP cut scenes) at least since the decision to go full FPP and nobody was bothered about that. Even more - everybody just loved the ripperdoc scene. But now plenty of people just rages, because they "assumed" they will get something completely different. Even worse, some of those are accusing CDPR of lying and insincerity, which is f... insane. While I understand that having concerns is perfectly normal, raging before seeing the final product is not.

Oh, and one more thing - for the "I'm canceling my preorder" crowd. CDPR told us politely: if you have any considerations and you are unsure if you will like this game, they don't pre-order. Just wait for the final game.
You're right, it's my fault for expecting an RPG from the most successful WRPG house of the last few years. My bad. Totally an entitled consumer.

Did you even watch gameplay trailers? It's more of an RPG than Witcher 3

There are stats, character customization, different methods to solve the quests based on your perk, stats, etc., branching story line and what not.

why are you pretending you never see any rpg elements? It's an undoubtedly rpg.

Did you even watch gameplay trailers? It's more of an RPG than Witcher 3

There are stats, character customization, different methods to solve the quests based on your perk, stats, etc., branching story line and what not.

why are you pretending you never see any rpg elements? It's an undoubtedly rpg.

I wanted all stuff in 2020, nobody denying the game is "RPG". Yes it does contains all features for being a "RPG" but it doesn't mean it's a good RPG or we should consider it as a true RPG game at all.

CDPR always said this game is going to be a hardcore RPG game and not like something RPGish Witcher until now, and now we have a probably a FPP game with RPG elements. If you tell me you're going to make hardcore RPG game then I'll expect something like Elder Scrolls, Baldur's Gate, first two Fallouts or at least Knights Of The Old Republic. Not advanced Witcher.

I can't speak for others but that's the reason of my disappoinment

"Nobody was bothered about that".
What are you talking about? People were very' VERY upset about that.
"Even more - everybody just loved the ripperdoc scene."
Now you are "assuming" something.
"But now plenty of people just rages, because they "assumed" they will get something completely different."
Maybe because when we were "raging" back then, we were told that there will be lot of tpp cut scenes in game. Inb4, "they never said there will be a lot, just small amount. Show me were they have said a lot".
You first, show me were they said back then that there be "only very small amount" of tpp cut scenes.

Then tell me where it was stated that the game will have "lot of TPP cut scenes"?
Post automatically merged:

You're right, it's my fault for expecting an RPG from the most successful WRPG house of the last few years. My bad. Totally an entitled consumer.

Yeeeees, because not having TPP cut scenes automatically makes the game not-RPG.

Big problem with FPP/TPP threads in CP2077 are non stop FPP is better TPP is better, other problem and i don't mean to offend anyone, CDPR fans who don't accept that CDPR doing something wrong/can do something wrong and that othe people have different opinions and preferences.

You can see that on CP2077 reddit, facebook, youtube videos, even this forum, if you have different opinion and don't agrea with CDPR even little they all jump and start to call you whiney bitch, spoiled brat, ungratfull idiot......

Is FPP only in CP2077 disappointment for me, yes it is, i like TPP much more like i said million time before, it is more alive for me more immersive i am more connected to my character, so next best thing was TPP cutscenes, and now if they are once in a while and that mean 1 or 2 on every 50 hour of gameplay, that is nothing.

Like for many Mirrors, Photo mod and driving, also don't mean nothing to me, i respect that all have different opinion and preferences, if you like FPP great good for you have fun, but don't force me to like that as well if i have different opinion on that.

Did you ever read my post? Let me remind you something from it:

Nice selective reading mate.

They've said nothing about that. What they've said is that the game will be primarly FPP. Never said anything about amount of cut scenes till now. People just assumed that we will have TPP cut scenes in plenty, for some reason, even if the first presentation clearly showed that not be the case. It's not the CDPR fault that people assume that there is only one way to make a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom