FPP only cutscenes might be a deal-breaker for me

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you could just as easily ignore these type of topics if they aren't your cup of tea...there's always that option. :whistle:
Don't you worry, i've always stayed clear of these type of threads :sleep:
i just entered this one to know if this information is true or not only to end up with another general FPP vs TPP in disguise :shrug:

Well to be honest people never assumed things on nothing for istance many thing were said by cd projekt red that proved to be largely inaccurate over the time.

1) You will be able to print your character shreet to play in the pen and paper.

This was said during an interview time ago when the direction of the game was more close to the source material.

2) You will create your character from the ground up
This was an hidden message inside the video of the E3 sadly this proved to be untrue as V even if you can customise his appearance and sex is infact very defined as a character. So defined that in the demos we seen V speak on his or her own with no player imput and with his edgy personality.

3) Is an rpg first and foremost.
The team in past declared the game was an rpg first and foremost then changed it to be Mostly an RPG to then ending with the infamus change in twitter from roleplay to action adventure.

As you can see those are nost just simple assumptions. There was also a poster a while ago that were actually telling the game to be FPP/TPP.

So yes they changed everything in silence and expected people to be fine with it.

1. This was stated as a WISH (as in "I would like that it will be possible") by CDPR CEO, even before first gameplay demo. So it was never promised or communicated as a "feature".
2. Yeah, you know that changing voice to be appropriate to every situation is kind of impossible ATM? You are grasping at straws here - no game has something like that and no game will have this for very long time.
3. It is still RPG for me. If you ask people here "what is RPG", you will get as many definitions as there people answering this question.

1. This was stated as a WISH (as in "I would like that it will be possible") by CDPR CEO, even before first gameplay demo. So it was never promised or communicated as a "feature".
2. Yeah, you know that changing voice to be appropriate to every situation is kind of impossible ATM? You are grasping at straws here - no game has something like that and no game will have this for very long time.
3. It is still RPG for me. If you ask people here "what is RPG", you will get as many definitions as there people answering this question.

Sadly this is just climbing on the mirror. Things were said people never immagined it. And about what is rpg this point of view is flawed from you. As we have a source material unlike many other produced rpg so that lead at some expectation of continuity of it. Continuity that we saw is not there. Not in the systems that are pretty much very far from the source material (levels in cyberpunk?) and also in the setting by implementing mechanics soley based on magic ((Double jump? Sandsqatch magic potion? A solo V doing the terminator? ah yes and the katana that is able to deviate bullets)) so much for cyberpunk is grounded in reality.

1 Beside how it works? A developer is free to say whatever then deliver something totally opposed of what they declared? Yes it was possible but unfortunately they went for the opposite direction and they didin't even attempted to get it done. Another reason why people are upset wich is completely acceptable.

2/3 Actually there was a decent number of RPG that did it right. New Vegas for istance.
Is not wrong to expect a degree of continuity in system and in settings on a game that is based on a pen and paper.

Last edited:
1) You will be able to print your character shreet to play in the pen and paper.
Not that I recall it wasn't. The paraphrase comes from this quote:

"The rules of the pen and paper game are great base material for the game, but straight adaptation isn't as simple as it might seem," Stępień said. "Some skills just cannot work in a video game setting the same way they did in the original game, so we build prototypes, experiment a little and see what will work.

"All the same, you want to try to stay as close to the original game as possible, since it is the inspiration. We even want to have an option of printing your character sheet from the game. Balancing the game and all of its stats while remaining true to the original handbook is one of the main problems our designers try to solve. And I must say, to this point they have been quite successful.

Want to is not will.

2) You will create your character from the ground up
IMO this is still true. It may not be as much customization as many like, but it is still a full born character creator with appearance, background and stat based customization.

3) Is an rpg first and foremost.
IMO this one is true too. But we've run circles around what makes an RPG before. To keep it short. Stats and TPP do not equal RPG. Making choices as a character within the game and experiencing story consequences as that character based on choices are what make an RPG. That's what role playing is. Making choices as a character and experiencing consequences based on our choices. That clearly is the focus of this game.

Who cares really? 1st or 3rd person cut scenes while some might find it important others wont, it will all play 2nd fiddle to the core game play and story, as for immersion, don't make me laugh, you're sitting in a chair looking at a monitor, there's only so much immersion available, a little more or less isn't a big deal it really isn't, you might think it is, but it isn't.

I'll buy it regardless, 3 Witcher games are the foundation for my purchase decision, not 1st or 3rd person cut scenes, frankly if your toys are flying out of the pram over this, I really don't know what to say to you, as for the others that genuinely enjoy all the immersion they can get but feel it's no good, don't buy it, but I'm guessing most of you probably will.

Storm in a tea cup.

Sadly this is just climbing on the mirror. Things were said people never immagined it. And about what is rpg this point of view is flawed from you. As we have a source material unlike many other produced rpg so that lead at some expectation of continuity of it. Continuity that we saw is not there. Not in the systems that are pretty much very far from the source material (levels in cyberpunk?) and also in the setting by implementing mechanics soley based on magic ((Double jump? Sandsqatch magic potion? A solo V doing the terminator? ah yes and the katana that is able to deviate bullets)) so much for cyberpunk is grounded in reality.

1 Beside how it works? A developer is free to say whatever then deliver something totally opposed of what they declared? Yes it was possible but unfortunately they went for the opposite direction and they didin't even attempted to get it done. Another reason why people are upset wich is completely acceptable.

2/3 Actually there was a decent number of RPG that did it right. New Vegas for istance.
Is not wrong to expect a degree of continuity in system and in settings on a game that is based on a pen and paper.

- Where did you get the impression that CDPR will make 1-to-1 copy of PnP CP?
- Rawls found out the quote - no dev said anything about "we will make CP2077 character sheet compatible with CPR".
- New Vegas has no recorded dialogue.

IMO this one is true too. But we've run circles around what makes an RPG before. To keep it short. Stats and TPP do not equal RPG. Making choices as a character within the game and experiencing story consequences as that character based on choices are what make an RPG. That's what role playing is. Making choices as a character and experiencing consequences based on our choices. That clearly is the focus of this game.
Interesting...by that definition, the new Dying Light 2 game is considered an RPG as well. :ok:

I consider myself a hardcore rpg fan and can clearly say baldurs gate is a masterpiece rpg and the elder scrolls are great too with a lot of freedom

Baldurs Gate changed my gaming taste for ever, I'd never been PnP or digital RPG fan, the only RPG I ever played was Call of Cthulhu, I was more focused on miniatures and old hex based war games, after a few abortive attempts at playing BG it finally dug its hooks in and they remain to this day, that for me is the essence of BG's greatness, when you can take some one with no real interest in the genre and turn them around so fully it really is a sign that it's some thing special.

Then what is? What's an example of a good RPG because from what I've heard baulders gate is pretty much the definition.

Yes it is, while I can't say it is best RPG game ever I can say it is a damn good RPG game. I don't get it why they've became salty about this. Fanboys and fangirls will never end...

So therefore not the player if they have their own opinions and feelings... which begs the question how its more immersive to be someone elses head rather than watching a scene between two or more people from a free camera.

I meant: "The dev' have their own opinion about what is immersive and what is not".
Even if I don't agree with them, I don't deny them that right.

Perspective doesn't define what makes an RPG. It just happens that all the games considered to be the greatest RPGs with the most freedom and choice happened to be the isometric variety. The 90s was the golden age for the genre and I don't see that changing. (Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment, Fallout 1 & 2, Wasteland, etc.)

I don't think it will be trash, I just think many people who were wanting a true RPG first and foremost based on initial impressions and the IP's PnP origins are going to be disappointed.

No need for that, did you know we were supposed to be able to print our character sheet and play the pen & paper directly with it?
I doubt my game master would agree.
Post automatically merged:

Making choices as a character within the game and experiencing story consequences as that character based on choices are what make an RPG.

Actually, that can be a lots of things.
To be an RPG, you also need for the gameplay to simulate the flaws and the strengths of the character you are playing, without that you are just using your own ability.

Last edited:
Big problem with FPP/TPP threads in CP2077 are non stop FPP is better TPP is better, other problem and i don't mean to offend anyone, CDPR fans who don't accept that CDPR doing something wrong/can do something wrong and that othe people have different opinions and preferences.

You can see that on CP2077 reddit, facebook, youtube videos, even this forum, if you have different opinion and don't agrea with CDPR even little they all jump and start to call you whiney bitch, spoiled brat, ungratfull idiot......

Is FPP only in CP2077 disappointment for me, yes it is, i like TPP much more like i said million time before, it is more alive for me more immersive i am more connected to my character, so next best thing was TPP cutscenes, and now if they are once in a while and that mean 1 or 2 on every 50 hour of gameplay, that is nothing.

Like for many Mirrors, Photo mod and driving, also don't mean nothing to me, i respect that all have different opinion and preferences, if you like FPP great good for you have fun, but don't force me to like that as well if i have different opinion on that.
That’s with a lot of places. I was in a Fallout 76 discord and if you said one thing bad about the game you was jumped on. But I’m not a crowd follower I’ll say what I want when I want. If I offend someone by saying Fo76 is trash that’s not my problem. While I don’t think Cyberpunk 2077 will be garbage I WILL always speak my mind about it if I don’t like something, and nobody can tell me otherwise just because my opinion doesn’t match theirs. That’s part of the problem today is people are afraid to speak their opinion because they don’t want to get attacked but I don’t really care if I’m attacked

you know what i don't get? why can't they just do the following: if V stands idle for say 3 minutes during the game, the camera pulls out and just shows V standing there smoking a cigarette. how hard can it be to implement such a thing? don't even have to do walking animations or anything like that but that would be a simple mechanic you can trigger by yourself without having to search for mirrors to see your V in the environment and not just on a static menu screen. as soon as you press an arrow key it goes back to first person. i think this would literally make 80% of complainers happy.

it's one of those things that's almost so obvious to implement just like a custom radio station and a new game plus mode or a FOV slider that makes me scratch my head why a thing like that won't be in the game.
I totally agree! They are willing to lose a small portion of their fans to stick to their artistic vision, which I actually understand. You can't please everyone, but this simple thing to add to the get, why not!

After reading the last few pages this thread seems to have turned into another FPP vs TPP
CDPR seems committed to the whole FPP thing and very unlikely to change their stance, which begs the question, what do people want at this point? 3rd person ain't happening, deal with it, unfollow the game and move on with your lives
yup thats what i'm doing, but technically the game ain't finished right? maybe something might change, maybe they will listen? you seem to be ok, so why even get on here? lol

After reading the last few pages this thread seems to have turned into another FPP vs TPP
CDPR seems committed to the whole FPP thing and very unlikely to change their stance, which begs the question, what do people want at this point? 3rd person ain't happening, deal with it, unfollow the game and move on with your lives
If people don’t speak up with what they don’t like then CD Project Red will spoon fed us whatever they want too and I’m not one to take it laying down. If enough people say They aren’t going to buy the game because of X or Y and lose a bunch of money and sales you better believe CD will change their tone very quickly

I found this tweet from last year:
Kind of ironic with the news of expanded character creator and switch to primary FPP game.

As for my opinion on the cutscenes and mission / zone establishing shots (if any) I would prefer TPP similar to the E3 cinematic trailer where V is getting out of the taxi and holstering his gun and then it switches to FPP.
Sheesh! smh

If people don’t speak up with what they don’t like then CD Project Red will spoon fed us whatever they want too and I’m not one to take it laying down. If enough people say They aren’t going to buy the game because of X or Y and lose a bunch of money and sales you better believe CD will change their tone very quickly
EXACTLY! sucks people think we are being babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom