FPP only cutscenes might be a deal-breaker for me

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So since we need to see other players in the world how they interact with objects, how move in combat, their body animation, that can lead to TPP for Singleplayer after Multiplayer lanch, that would make many people happy, i would happly wait for multiplayer lanch if i know that i will get full TPP for a singleplayer.

I think at some point you will need to decide whether you can accept the game is FPP focused (both gameplay and most cutscenes) and still want to give it a go, or not. The "TPP" posts on reddit don't really have much traction, maybe a few hundred upvotes compared to thousands in popular threads. I seriously doubt that CDPR will change their whole concept for the game, beyond minor extras like a better photo mode...

People are getting fussed over this, but it was always going to be a first-person game, which was stated numerous times in various interviews.
There are few parts of 3rd person such as V having woken up in her apartment in the 2018 demo.

There wasn't a single 3rd person cutscene that happened while there was dialogue etc.
It has always been like that.
They didn't remove the 3rd person aspects that you occasionally see, there never -were- 3rd person cutscenes that were within the gameplay besides small snippets here and there.

The gameplay footage you've seen so far has always been subject to change, that was stressed at the start of every video that showed any gameplay.

Just let CDPR do what they do, if they are confident that it's good then it is good. If Mike Pondsmith, someone who has been in game development and who writes the actual universe that CP2077 takes place in, sees this game as what he had envisioned in his mind then I am all aboard.

There hasn't been a proper first-person RPG in a long while that I personally have been hyped for and I am confident that this game, despite all the snowflakes, will be undoubtedly amazing and hopefully sets a new standard for not only single-player games but games in general.

Who really care about Reddit ??? are developers making games based of reddit???? reddit is among the most toxic place for any game, example saying CDPR is great you are upvoted to high heaven, but saying that you don't like even one thing, for example why HUD is red?you are downvoted so hard and insulted.

kirell is right nonetheless. They won't go and edit every single indoor location so that TPP will work on top of what else there is to do for that to work.

I think at some point you will need to decide whether you can accept the game is FPP focused (both gameplay and most cutscenes) and still want to give it a go, or not.

I don't have motion sickness, so i can play FPP games, i just don't find them so fun any more, and i play games since ps 1 era :D.

Like i said here on forum before, FPP will reduce fun i will have with game for 80% if story/gameplay are good, if story/gameplay is bad or not so fun i will not have any fun at all.

In the end i will also wait for TPP mod, since like i say FPP is not so fun for me or interesting, TPP is more Immersive for me, make game more alive, i am connected to my character more, i like to see my character emotions, his body language,all that don't exist in FPP.
Post automatically merged:

Funny, but if game was in TPP and people ask for FPP, far less people would call you babys, spoiled brat....... or say how that can be done and so on for whatever reason.

Nothing directly pointed to you or people on this forum.

Last edited:
Who really care about Reddit ??? are developers making games based of reddit???? reddit is among the most toxic place for any game, example saying CDPR is great you are upvoted to high heaven, but saying that you don't like even one thing, for example why HUD is red?you are downvoted so hard and insulted.
I was talking about reddit cause it has a lot more reach, 236k nodes. Similar for youtube, twitter etc. In addition to size difference, on regular forums without (or with barely used) upvote functionality, you can get a very distorted view how big an issue really is: its enough if a few people don't like something and it can blow up into huge threads. 10 would be more than enough to create a big controversy. Even a single dedicated poster could probably create a seemingly big issue. Those popularity mechanics have their own issues, granted. But they are a better indicator how many people care about an issue than mere thread size.

In the end i will also wait for TPP mod, since like i say FPP is not so fun for me or interesting, TPP is more Immersive for me, make game more alive, i am connected to my character more, i like to see my character emotions, his body language,all that don't exist in FPP.
While i don't doubt there will be a TPP mod, i do doubt it will be very good in achieving what you want from the cutscenes: the main character won't be animated for TPP in a FPP cutscene, so you won't have mocap movement, facial expression, body langage etc if the mod just moves the camera. But who knows, maybe some very dedicated modders really get into it deeply and can provide all that... just doesn't seem likely.

I will have atlest gameplay in TPP mod.

Yes you will, and i'm happy for you if this helps. But a mod has different quality requirements than a TPP mode provided by the devs. TPP by devs would be crushed if its not on the same quality level as FPP, and they would need to split their time, animators, UI etc. between both modes while also compromising their own vision how they want the game to feel and play. Hoping for FPP gameplay mod is perfectly reasonable, and i hope the devs don't make it very hard for modders. Demanding TPP from the devs despite their vision/mission statement/early FPP announcement is what i'm having trouble with. I mean, i just cannot see this happening, the devs are long past the stage where such a decision could be made...

Last edited:
For sure, this is a very real problem. Depending on the site you choose to frequent, you'll likely remain in an echo chamber for one opinion or another. Reddit is, IMO, an extreme of this case where people are silenced for differing opinions (or so it seems, I've never actually made an account).

The problem would be if a developer only used certain sites to touch bases with their fans. Bioware for instance got rid of their forums and isolates themselves in a certain environment (as do many other developers). When their games are released and under-perform or get blasted for certain decisions (looking at Andromeda, Anthem, BFV) they seem flabbergasted or put blame on their consumers instead of themselves.

CDPR seem to actually respond to their fans, which is more than I can say for studios like Bethesda.

As to your if it were reversed, it'd be different point. This isn't really testable at the moment and is something I very much doubt. You have impassioned people on any side of the spectrum.

Lastly, as for the TPP mod you're hoping for. CDPR has already stated that mods won't be supported at launch (or possibly at all). I personally find this incredibly disappointing since mods can have a major impact on a game's life post-launch. I understand that they're focusing on making the best game they can, but it'd be nice if they at least had a minor team creating modding tools similar to Bethesda's for post-launch.

Witcher 3 have worst mod support, and yet a lot of witcher 3 mods are out there, also like i say developers who did The Evil Within 2 made game with TPP in mind that was their vision, and yet after lanch they add FPP mod, would i like TPP mod made by CDPR yes ofc, but if i don't get that from them and modder make that well i will take that mod and i will praise modder more than CDPR.

It's more difficult the other way round. :)

I really do hope there will be a somewhat not totally shitty TPP mod near launch especially for the people who get physically ill from FP.

Nothing is easy, that is life, no one say it going to be easy for them, none job is so easy.

I would much more like TPP mod than free DLC or MP.
Don't know what ells to tell you other than I hope someone is able to make a mod for you to play in TPP because otherwise you won't get it.

Thx lol :D

In the end if story/gameplay are not so good and no TPP mod don't come out, i can just skip game, life move on, shame one more game will be lost for some trivial reasons really, but other will come.

No, FPP is not more immersive, it is like experiencing the world by looking at it through a tube.

Oh well, I find my interest slowly draining away. I might buy the game well after release, once people have modded the hell out of it, but no more preorder for me (I just cancelled it via GOG).

Last edited:
No, FPP is not more immersive, it is like experiencing the world by looking at it through a tube.

Oh well, I find my interest slowly draining away. I might buy the game well after release, once people have modded the hell out of it, but no more pre-order for me.
This. I've never pre-ordered a Far Cry game so I cancelled my pre-order for this one. It might surprise me next year, but looking at the direction they are taking I don't think it will.

This whole drama is a valuable lesson for game developers from Warsaw.
CD Projekt S.A. should take an example from Rockstar Games.
During the production cycle of a new game, they should show the audience as little as possible, limit public comments about the game to the absolute minimum required to build interest. - thanks to this method 90% of all these dramas and hate are avoided.
Show gameplay only when the game is in the late beta (RC) phase. ;)

This. I've never pre-ordered a Far Cry game so I cancelled my pre-order for this one. It might surprise me next year, but looking at the direction they are taking I don't think it will.

This whole perspective debate is super strange to me, truth be told. I would buy it no matter if its first person, third person or isometric, single character or party based, real time, rtwp or turn based combat. Sure, i have my preferences - but as long as its has CDPR quality in setting, writing, storytelling, reactivity, choice&consqeuence etc. it's an instant preorder.

This whole perspective debate is super strange to me, truth be told. I would buy it no matter if its first person, third person or isometric, single or party based, real time or turn based. Sure, i have my preferences - but as long as its has CDPR quality in setting, writing, storytelling, reactivity, choice&consqeuence etc. it's an instant preorder.
It's not about perspective anymore. That just made me look harder at all the stuff I'd been ignoring since my first day pre-order. I just am not confident it will be an actual RPG anymore and not just an FPS with some RPG elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom