FPP/TPP Perspective Thread OPEN. Be NICE.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean FPS games pure shooters, F.E.A.R. is pure shooter, BioShock have some ability but is just a shooter....

Shooting mechanic can be done well even in TPP, cover system work better in TPP shooters than in any FPP.

Third person shooters are terrible...Besides, its a done deal. We get first person.

Chipping my own opinion in here in support of FPP.
I like immersive experiences, and in my opinion, TPP takes away from immersion. It screams "You're playing a video game" to me, whereas FPP creates an illusion of verisimilitude that I'm IN and part of the world the game setting takes place.

Sure, I can understand why folks will want to SEE their character modifications, but, isn't there like a fly around camera photo mode thing for those moments? Maybe the dev team can gimmick a basic, low-tech Selfie Drone as part of V's default equipment as a plausible in-world mechanic for those that just really have to absolutely NEED to see their character posing in some scenic location. Those things exist in the real world now, so, in CP 2077 selfie drones should cost as much as a pack of gum.
Also, according to the gameplay video, when looting the Maelstrom gang member for the spiderbot shard, we CAN see the V character, how V is equipped, and all the things.

Anyway, I'm FPP all the way, but, I'm open to the plausibility of a cheapo selfie drone for those that need it, because selfie drones exist in the world now, and would not be all that implausible in a CP 2077 future, but, a selfie drone should have a whole thing associated with it to keep the game in character.

Thanks.

Subjective. I think First person shooters are terrible. And because it's a done deal, that's the reason why I think it's going to harm them in the long run.

Because you wont play it? Its not gonna harm them at all...
Post automatically merged:

And this is a real concern for me.
I don't do shooters of any sort (or any other twitch game).

Well, Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be a shooter.

Who ask for selfie mode ? people who want to play game in TPP don't get anything from Photo mode

Well, Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be a shooter.

And CDPR say it is RPG, but now it look like they making just FPS shooter.

Because you wont play it? Its not gonna harm them at all...

See you don't respect other people's opinions.

And this is a real concern for me.
I don't do shooters of any sort (or any other twitch game).

Hopefully there will actually be some of those changes that were hinted shortly after the demo.

The RPG genre is ripe for all kinds of neat mechanical and gameplaytechnical quirks and solutions for inventive developer. But none of those will be found by playing it safe with commonplace design.

I like immersive experiences, and in my opinion, TPP takes away from immersion. It screams "You're playing a video game" to me, whereas FPP creates an illusion of verisimilitude that I'm IN and part of the world the game setting takes place.

Like you say in your opinion TPP take away your Immersion and fun, but for me TPP add much more to fun and well Immersion, and that is just your and my opinion, but many people share both of our opinions.

And tell me honestly if there is option to pick FPP or TPP at start of the game, how would that option hurt you or other people who want to play game in FPP?

Like you say in your opinion TPP take away your Immersion and fun, but for me TPP add much more to fun and well Immersion, and that is just your and my opinion, but many people share both of our opinions.

And tell me honestly if there is option to pick FPP or TPP at start of the game, how would that option hurt you or other people who want to play game in FPP?

Take it up with the modding community homie. FPP is already a done deal. If modding support is allowed for this game, then the modding community will be where you go to see all your unrealized dreams come true.

Who ask for selfie mode ? people who want to play game in TPP don't get anything from Photo mode

And CDPR say it is RPG, but now it look like they making just FPS shooter.

See you don't respect other people's opinions.

It's a shooter and it's an RPG in the sense that many of the quests are open ended and there is different ways of completing them to the point where some quests you can do without shooting anyone depending going about it.

Yes there will be a lot of shooting in places but there is also hacking and tech solutions, multiple choice conversation branches with some being an out of a violent solution to some instigating a violent solution. I believe you can probably go all out violently and I believe there is some storyline situations that you will have to be violent anyway but it wont all be forcing you to be go down missions as shooting your way through them like go here kill these guys.....at least I hope not.

That's my take on it.

Hopefully there will actually be some of those changes that were hinted shortly after the demo.

The RPG genre is ripe for all kinds of neat mechanical and gameplaytechnical quirks and solutions for inventive developer. But none of those will be found by playing it safe with commonplace design.
You may recall my suggestion of a dual mode system and how it wouldn't that hard to implement (half the needed code already exists and is used by NPCs).

Take it up with the modding community homie. FPP is already a done deal. If modding support is allowed for this game, then the modding community will be where you go to see all your unrealized dreams come true.

I will wait for Mode, it is not first time modder did something developers can do much better and faster.

And that right there is fact. Proven by multiple studies. Not a matter of opinion or how much someone likes it.

Not really, that illusion for some happen in TPP perspective, you can't really say something is good for all people or have same fun, it is like saying same-sex is much better for all.

Not really, that illusion for some happen in TPP perspective, you can't really say something is good for all people or have same fun, it is like saying same-sex is much better for all.

Except it doesn't. Not remotely in the same way as it would in in First-person perspective. Third person has it's own characteristics which are often directly opposed to First Person. Having both would require compromises which do neither any good in terms of building around their strengths.

There's a reason why the top most immersive games are from a first-person perspective. It isn't the only thing that matters but when done right in relation to other gameplay aspects it's hands down the best option for making the player a part of the world and the action.

And this is not new, it's something the games industry and other industries have known for a while.

Last edited:
Again you can't say one perspective is more immersive over the other it simply not true, different people like different things.
You can't say First person is more immersive and fun for me as it is for you.
Also what are those top Immersive games?

I don't want to argue, but this slowly turn to be toxic like cp2077 reddit, where if you say your opinion or something even little negative or bad about CDPR,CP2077 you are downvote so hard by CDPR fans and they tell you are troll or don't know what you talking.

The best I wanted it to be is TPP in dialogue with NPCs, and FPP in other things except for that like I do in FO4.
Though, CP77 looks like only FPP in most situations, which makes me feel a bit stuffy. So be it.

Again you can't say one perspective is more immersive over the other it simply not true, different people like different things.

I can actually. Plenty of studies on the topic have proven as much.

I guess it would depend on what you mean by immersion. You can be engrossed or immersed in a movie for example but it's not like YOU are part of the action, which is what they are trying to relay. To transport the player to that world psychologically, it is the best option outside of stuff like VR.

This is stupid we can argue like this till one of us die.

I don't need to look through V eyes to get a feeling like i am in that game world, i can get that from TPP also it feel more alive in TPP than in FPP. That is just my opinion but many also feel like that and give good reasons why TPP is better for them like many of you give good reasons that FPP is better.

I would more like that resources was spent in TPP than on so many NPC who probably going to have 0 interaction with V or to spend it on MP.

I would more like that resources was spent in TPP than on so many NPC who probably going to have 0 interaction with V or to spend it on MP.

I dunno. I'm a completionist. If my character can talk to and interact with an NPC, I'm gonna. The NPCs each have their own individual life schedules? oooo, I'ma go stalk about a dozen of them through a day/night cycle to see what some of these NPCs are getting up to and answer questions like "do they have homes? Do they ever sleep? Do they eat and is it the same thing every time at a certain time and place? Do NPCs go to the bathroom? Are some "nobody" NPCs scripted with more complex and sophisticated world interaction formula for an activity routine and schedule than others?
If I follow around that one really weird NPC that I can't talk to at all, but, for some reason they're decked out like cliche quest-giver with custom clothes and a more unique bespoke look, will following them lead me to an unmarked side quest, or secret location? What are all the secret lives of NPCs?
I'll probably spend like 20 real-world hours watching NPCs just to answer these questions.
It's not JUST a game. It's art. It's writing. It's a lot of things that are often overlooked because, well, many people seem to lack a strong facility for engagement beyond a certain threshold. That isn't meant to insult anyone. It's just fact that there's a threshold where some folks will lose interest in something and label it as "boring", when in fact, it's just a failure on their part to find active engagement. We all have those thresholds.
Thus, any and all work the dev team puts into NPCs, I'm going out of my way to appreciate, and engage with it. As many NPCs as there are, certainly there's some of them that hold the keys to unmarked mini-quests/secrets that never get triggered and must be actively pursued without any prompting, guidance, or otherwise hand-holding. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom