FPP/TPP Perspective Thread OPEN. Be NICE.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a little broken hearted when we were told about the FPP, but the game is going to be exacly what it is upon release. Supposedly it's done, can be played through at least, so not much will be changed in terms of perspective. What is left is the style people bring to the way they use their characters. Whether players prefer FPP or TPP isn't going to matter if that feeling of immersion takes hold. Hopefully CDPR is perfecting the FPP and they do it right. IE: players can see their characters body when they look down and other "body schema" problems that may arise from certain weapons or augmentations.

I secretly hope CDPR was trolling us and said "We said we are going to go with FPP, but we never said that TPP is off the table." At the release and it was all a big bamboozle. I'd be rocketing off my chair as i click the buy button. :D

I was really happy when it was announced that the game will be 1st person only. Usually when both views are available one is more prefered and implemented better than the other one and I'd not like TPP to be the one, especially in a game where combat is based mainly on shooting.

You must be confused, Dishonored isn't in third person. And the combat in it was some of the best i've seen in any game, though i chose to sneak around and get by that way.

It is actually some of the best I've ever seen. But it wasn't TPP....

Yes, I meant FPP. Tripped over my own abbreviations. :p

In which case, add Dishonored to the pile of games of forced FPP RPG’s with good Melee combat. Kingdom Deliverance is another fine example indeed.

If nothing else, recent additions to gaming have more than proven FFP can do melee.

Okay, I get that TPP affects some folks with their immersion. I get that it's a design choice that CDPR have made. I get that TPP is more theatrical for some. All of those are valid points. For those of us with social anxiety disorder or other issues who would never look someone in the eye, FPP is immersion breaking. FPP also induces physical illness (nausea, vomiting, headaches that debilitate for hours, among other things) in a good number of folks. I'm not asking (and neither are the folks who are asking for this) for CDPR to violate the aesthetic of their game nor their artistic principles. We are asking, simply, that it be an option to change the perspective. Heck, I'd even pay extra to have it as day one DLC material (something I ordinarily loathe). Otherwise, my ability to play CDPR's Cyberpunk 2077 will be severely hampered, as will many others.

Last edited:
I don’t think there’s anyone (decent) here on these forums that would begrudge you guys your option of Third Person View. We all love the game (prematurely) and want others to be able to love it alongside us.

By now, this thread is merely about discussing the urgency by which we would like to see your TPP request fulfilled, and to make the occasional excuse for CDPR as to the speculated roadblocks, whenever someone here gets too exasperated about it not being implemented yet. Trying to explain why there isn’t any TPP, or reasoning why FPP could work, isn’t the same as wanting to deny FPP to you.

We really would like you to have it. I’m okay with FPP, but were I given a magic wand that only works one Cyberpunk, i’d make TPP my wish for you guys. :)
I mean, maybe AFTER wishing for more content, getting a free copy, it releasing tomorrow, flying cars, etc. if I had several wishes, (I’m still selfish) but the point is: none of us are directly denying you this request, or its urgency, should there be any available time and effort available to implement it.

We hear you guys. We want you to enjoy it alongside us. The valid reasons for it not being implemented already, and how it’s lack will validly decrease your experience, suck. :(
I count my blessings that I don’t have the misfortune of being in your shoes. With the amount of excitement I have right now, I’d hate there to be some extraneous circumstance, like is now thrown your way, to get in the way of enjoying the game like I want to.

Last edited:
I add to the list morrowind, oblivion, skyrim, fallout 3, 4 and new vegas, which had TPP as well, but clearly meant to be played in FPP. You can play them in TPP, sure, but those animations... god... :facepalm:

I absolutely have to agree with svega. I get bad migraines and feel nauseous from many FPPs. I'm going to still play 2077 all that I can, but it would be nice to just have the option of TPP. I get headaches that only dark and sleep can fix, it sucks. If I am going to have to do that for one of the most anticipated things in my life, then it's well bleh... The game is going to be what it is when delivered and that is fine. Ima love it no matter whaa. I just hope that by some miracle the devs are setting up a FPP that is tweaked enough to not induce brain pain in anyone. Because immersion doesn't mean anything when you feel like this guy...
sojasil.PNG

I add to the list morrowind, oblivion, skyrim, fallout 3, 4 and new vegas, which had TPP as well, but clearly meant to be played in FPP. You can play them in TPP, sure, but those animations... god... :facepalm:
I'll remove all of those from the list since they're not forced FPP ;P all of those games let me switch at will and so I did. If a game gives me the option of using TPP I will no matter what. Animations aren't something I care about. If Cyberpunk 2077 did the same thing I would be absolutely thrilled. Using guns and investigating details close up in FPP and doing everything else in TPP, if it let me do that (as those Bethesda games do) it would be perfect. <3

Actually, Skyrim's TPP animations were quite decent at the time. It was the first Bethesda game to feature diagonal movement animations.
yeah, at the time, 8 years ago... The real problem is that fallout 76 is from fall 2018 has use the same -anacceptable now- animations. Still not sure about skyrim's combat animations (both TPP and FPP) though, demon's souls is from 2009...

yeah, at the time, 8 years ago... The real problem is that fallout 76 is from fall 2018 has use the same -anacceptable now- animations. Still not sure about skyrim's combat animations (both TPP and FPP) though, demon's souls is from 2009...

I think, in general, Bethesda has placed a lower emphasis on animations. They've always done them by hand without mo-cap, from what I can tell (maybe that changed with 76, though? animations look a bit tweaked).

At any rate, its' definitely a lot of extra work to make both FPP and TPP animation sets. I do think it would be nice to have here, but obviously that's not the route they're going.

I am genuinely curious, however, what it might look like with a third person mod. In Kingdom Come Deliverance, everything looked surprisingly... normal. There's even appropriate foot placement for going up and down hills in third person while carrying a body.

It's as if they made good third person animations, and simply attached the camera to the head. I think that's generally a good way to handle it. If CDPR does the same, I wouldn't be surprised if people come up with something similar to this mod.

All people are apparently asking for (at least most people who recognize that a full TPP won't happen), after all, is an "exploration camera." A mod like this, while not ideal for combat or high-intensity escape scenes, would work just fine as a vanity camera for exploring the city.

I think, in general, Bethesda has placed a lower emphasis on animations. They've always done them by hand without mo-cap, from what I can tell (maybe that changed with 76, though? animations look a bit tweaked).

At any rate, its' definitely a lot of extra work to make both FPP and TPP animation sets. I do think it would be nice to have here, but obviously that's not the route they're going.

I am genuinely curious, however, what it might look like with a third person mod. In Kingdom Come Deliverance, everything looked surprisingly... normal. There's even appropriate foot placement for going up and down hills in third person while carrying a body.

It's as if they made good third person animations, and simply attached the camera to the head. I think that's generally a good way to handle it. If CDPR does the same, I wouldn't be surprised if people come up with something similar to this mod.

All people are apparently asking for (at least most people who recognize that a full TPP won't happen), after all, is an "exploration camera." A mod like this, while not ideal for combat or high-intensity escape scenes, would work just fine as a vanity camera for exploring the city.
If modders made that TPP exploration camera work I would seriously consider investing in a gaming PC so I could play it with that mod instead of the default forced FPP.

The game absolutely has to evolve. It may take a long time, but just offering that option has to happen sooner or later if a demand exists for it. Certainly not for the single player, but what if CDPR just gets it right and FPP works well for the flow of the game. Converts the TPP warriors.

That would be neat.

Problem is that a demand exists for just about anything, and CDPR will have to prioritise based on workload and pay-off.

Expect demand for more content, even if it is just FPP content, to overshadow the creation of a TPP mode. Expect also, that not enough demand might exist for TPP compared to every other kind of demand, for CDPR to ever get to it.

More FPP content is can be created on an already existing framework and might satisfy more people, while TPP might require an overhaul while not giving those that don’t care anything new to see.

Fingers crossed that there’s enough of you for CDPR to see the light. The good thing about the problem of FPP, is that for those that are truly physically repelled by it, are quicker to be vocal about it. These people may or may not be in the minority ( I bet CDPR has the statistics), but at least you’re certain to make yourself heard while others are just silently content.

Problem is that a demand exists for just about anything, and CDPR will have to prioritise based on workload and pay-off.

Expect demand for more content, even if it is just FPP content, to overshadow the creation of a TPP mode. Expect also, that not enough demand might exist for TPP compared to every other kind of demand, for CDPR to ever get to it.

More FPP content is can be created on an already existing framework and might satisfy more people, while TPP might require an overhaul while not giving those that don’t care anything new to see.

Fingers crossed that there’s enough of you for CDPR to see the light. The good thing about the problem of FPP, is that for those that are truly physically repelled by it, are quicker to be vocal about it. These people may or may not be in the minority ( I bet CDPR has the statistics), but at least you’re certain to make yourself heard while others are just silently content.
Oh, there's no way they add a TPP mode. I am 99% certain, and the only reason there's 1% uncertainty is that maybe some random developer will decide to spend their personal time working on it.

People who will not buy the game because of TPP are in the minority; I feel fairly confident in saying that, and I'm not generally one for exaggeration. Note, I'm not saying people who prefer TPP are in the minority - I'm one of those. Rather, just people who will not end up buying the game for that reason alone. People who will not buy the game because of TPP and because of motion sickness are in the super minority - that actually has some statistical backing, if googled, I think.

That doesn't mean there's not a whole heck of a lot of people who really really want it. That also doesn't mean those people can't or shouldn't voice their frustration; on the contrary, that's the only way anything ever gets done. But I don't think CDPR will be the one to "Get it done" in this case. It will be modders, assuming the game has mod support (which is why I push so heavily for it). Console players... sadly, I think they will be out of luck unless CDPR brings mod support to supported consoles.

Modders are actually quite similar to devs in a lot of ways, and one of those ways is they sometimes make mods based on popular demand.

Oh, there's no way they add a TPP mode.
Yeah they've already said it's not gonna happen.

and

https://www.dualshockers.com/cyberpunk-2077-first-person/
Mills confirmed that the perspective won’t change, but the studio is very aware of the fact that the first-person perspective is facing some resistance. “We are firm in that decision. However, we’re very aware that a lot of people don’t like first-person, and there is a small number of people who can’t play first-person for a variety of reasons.” That being said, he mentioned that the team is looking into offering difficulty options and sensibility options to hopefully manage to turn Cyberpunk 2077 in the first first-person game that some people will like, or that some will be able to play.

Those do not sound like devs looking to add in a TPP mode.

^Agree. I was mainly describing a TPP demand will push a mod at some point. I would much rather CDPR work on official franchise content and not care about TPP. But the game is very not at all out and it's one the ongoing discussions since the initial trailer.

here is the thing though, CDPR wants to do a multiplayer thing with the game, so that means that they have to create proper TPP animations, otherwise there will be a small epic proportioned shitstorm if multiplayers will see a collection floating polygons on their screens.
so while CDPR themselves wont be providing TPP, it should probably be setup for a mod like KDC.

I don't expect that CDPR will change their minds and implement an optional TPP, I'm just here so we can all commiserate together T_T It's not like being in forced FPP will hurt the game's sales anyway, even those of us who hate it will still buy the game (even if it means we can only play 20 min at a time due to motion sickness and not become attached to our character because they're just a pair of disembodied hands).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom