FPP/TPP Perspective Thread OPEN. Be NICE.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends, actually. As it contains melee combat, it depends on how much the player wants to indulge in it. And where did you get the idea to equate Third Person Perspective to cheating? :shrug:

Well correct me if i'm wrong but this game is FPS with RPG elements or vice versa? So melee will be secondary.

And that TPS is cheating is old news. In that perspective you can see much of what you can't in reality or FPP. You can see even behind the wall if you angle the camera. It's cheating, and it's so obvious.

Well correct me if i'm wrong but this game is FPS with RPG elements or vice versa? So melee will be secondary.

And that TPS is cheating is old news. In that perspective you can see much of what you can't in reality or FPP. You can see even behind the wall if you angle the camera. It's cheating, and it's so obvious.

Well at first CDPR was saying it is RPG first, but it turns out it is just FPS with some RPG elements.

Cheating against who AI who cheat at every game, in reality you have all your other senses to help you determin what is around you next to you and help you, in FPP you have nothing just a tunel vision.

With option for both TPP/FPP you can pick how you want to play what is more fun for you, also me picking TPP would not in anyway harm your game and if you pick FPP since this is singleplayer game.

It's an RPG in first-person with an option of ranged or melee combat. An FPS with RPG elements would be something mostly carried by it's ranged combat primarily with the RPG elements secondary, and I doubt anyone truly believes a company known more for its RPG mechanics and not so much for its combat mechanics will make this game be like that.

And if you consider a third person view cheating, then I suppose you consider a first person view handicapping? After all, you see less than you do in real life by having even bigger blind spots and not having the turn response speed you would actually have, not to mention the lack of the ability to merely shift your eyes in any direction rather than turn your entire head is a detriment as well. What you call "cheating", I call "evening the odds".

....snip...

With option for both TPP/FPP you can pick how you want to play what is more fun for you, also me picking TPP would not in anyway harm your game and if you pick FPP since this is singleplayer game.

I would say that is debatable.

In games where there is combat and FPP and TPP the gameplay mehcanics for combat are invariably balanced for TPP as if it was balanced towards fpp then everyone playing in tpp would scream easy mode so....yes I daresay having a tpp mode would indeed hurt fpp players but more importantly immersion.

My thinking is that there is ad nauseam tpp games where you don't have to care about immersion and just concentrate on combat mechancs so it's great this game is going to be different. I think there are more people than some realize that want this.

yes I daresay having a tpp mode would indeed hurt fpp players but more importantly immersion.

How ?? how me picking TPP option for my game would hurt you who pick FPP for your game this is single player game.

My thinking is that there is ad nauseam tpp games where you don't have to care about immersion and just concentrate on combat mechancs so it's great this game is going to be different.

So Witcher, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Resident Evil..... and many more TPP game are not immersive since they are just TPP?

I hate FPP as it is far less immersive on a flat screen. With a VR headset, maybe FPP is ok, but on a flat screen it is like you are experiencing the world by looking at it down a tube. In real life, using all your senses and constantly moving your eyes gives you vastly more situational awareness, which in TPP you can at least somewhat emulate as you see the cover you are next to, where you are in relation to it & and your *immediate* surroundings in ways you just don't in FPP.

It would have been so much better if you could just toggle in & out between TPP & FPP, everyone would have been happy. Oh well.

Last edited:
In real life, using all your senses and constantly moving your eyes gives you vastly more situational awareness

I think simulating that (situational awareness of the character) should be one of the cornerstones of an FPP/RPG design to begin with. It does lead to more abstraction and slower pace, but that's not a bad thing in my book as it opens certain doors to a more comprehensively and more believably (or, less intrusively) "RPG" way of interacting with the gameworld.
Post automatically merged:

Doooon't think it's an age thing.

It's not of course. I meant to say that I'd be so bad with that stuff that it would feel like being old and frail.

Last edited:
How ?? how me picking TPP option for my game would hurt you who pick FPP for your game this is single player game.

I just explained how it does in my post above, was it not clear to you? Maybe you should reread it. Also from what I hear there going to be MP too so.....

So Witcher, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Resident Evil..... and many more TPP game are not immersive since they are just TPP?

Yes all great games but they are not what I would call "immersive" in the way a VR game in fpp is immersive.

I hate FPP as it is far less immersive on a flat screen. With a VR headset, maybe FPP is ok, but on a flat screen it is like you are experiencing the world by looking at it down a tube. In real life, using all your senses and constantly moving your eyes gives you vastly more situational awareness, which in TPP you can at least somewhat emulate as you see the cover you are next to, where you are in relation to it & and your *immediate* surroundings in ways you just don't in FPP.

It would have been so much better if you could just toggle in & out between TPP & FPP, everyone would have been happy. Oh well.

If you really feel this way you should really be pushing for more VR games in fpp as it BY FAR similates a real person using all their senses over any "flat screen monitor" especially tpp where you can magically see all 360 degrees around yourself and in most games in fact have to play combat like that, in melee, otherwise you will suck big time.

Imaging playing gw2 zoomed in to fpp mode...lol good luck with that and that's also how having the option to play in tpp affects those wanting to play in fpp.

You can't make combat mechanics around both and balanced for both.

Anyways that my opinion and why I am quite happy about their decision to stick to fpp.

That said if mods are possible I would not be surprised if there was a tpp mods at some point.

If you really feel this way you should really be pushing for more VR games in fpp as it BY FAR similates a real person using all their senses

I agree they are a better simulation in terms of situational awareness than both flat screen TPP or FPP.

But it is questionable if VR is currently worth the development money as few people have VR gear (and a fair number of people simply can't use them due to headaches, nausea). At this stage of development & tech, much simpler to just have a toggle for TPP/FPP (and I do not agree they need to be balanced differently). Of course in a few years, things will be very different.

Calm down, chief. Some people like to play games differently than others.

I dunno, I've seen a couple games do FPP melee pretty well (Mirrors Edge comes to mind). I do agree generally that FPP is better for ranged, and TPP is better for melee. However, there are ways to do each right.

I think this is true too, and if CP2077 can get close to Mirrors Edge that would be pretty awesome. I'm actually highly proficient with FPS style games while I literally sucked big time at Witcher 3 combat and could not handle higher settings, so I am actually concerned the game will be a cakewalk with combat so I hope the difficulty can be ramped up well. I am worried about melee obviously especially when you have something as cool as those blades!

I just explained how it does in my post above, was it not clear to you? Maybe you should reread it. Also from what I hear there going to be MP too so.....

Well this is single player game first, but even with MP if both player can pick TPP/FPP, both have same odds, it is up to them how they want to play, i mean Pubg/Ring of Elysium both have TPP/FPP and many play it in both ways, and they have same odds.

Yes all great games but they are not what I would call "immersive" in the way a VR game in fpp is immersive.

VR is gimmick, maybe in future that change, but for now it require to strong gear that many don't have or can afford, and you have a screen 1 cm from your eyes having that head gear on you for more then 1h can be more then problematic for many.

I mean sure, if they want to make Cyberpunk 2077 VR version good great for people who have VR and who want to play it that way, but again then i would like they do TPP for people who want that it would be only fair.

Also melee is fairly common in Cyberpunk theme setting.

Well at first CDPR was saying it is RPG first, but it turns out it is just FPS with some RPG elements.

Cheating against who AI who cheat at every game, in reality you have all your other senses to help you determin what is around you next to you and help you, in FPP you have nothing just a tunel vision.

Where do you people draw the line? I mean todays games are already dumbed down and simplified, and you want even more of this? And don't worry, the AI will not be so smart so that you need extra senses to spot them.
Btw, i can bet that CDPR will implement some kind of focus or tagging feature, so that you can mark NPCs ans see through the walls.

Also it isn't that simple to design the game to work in both perspectives. That's why is always one or the other.

Where do you people draw the line? I mean todays games are already dumbed down and simplified, and you want even more of this? And don't worry, the AI will not be so smart so that you need extra senses to spot them.
Btw, i can bet that CDPR will implement some kind of focus or tagging feature, so that you can mark NPCs ans see through the walls.

Also it isn't that simple to design the game to work in both perspectives. That's why is always one or the other.

Who ask them to dumbed down anything??? When did i ask that they make something more simple? from demo it look like any other FPS nothing new nothing special, and who ask for tag system so i can see them through walls???

Why people see TPP and get idea that i and other want it just so i can see around the corner or over the wall ?????

TPP is more immersive for me, i can see my character in combat, his gear, how that look on him when he walk fight, i can see his emotion in cutscenes(look like even TPP cutscenes are out of the game, good job CDPR make people who like TPP even more piss), it feel more alive than FPP, again good that mirrors in game work now in 2020, great that you can see your character in inventory or in photo mode, but that all don't bring nothing to me who want to play game in TPP perspective that is more alive more immersive and more fun way.

It's rather interesting that you're under the impression that a third person view would be considered cheating when most FPS players are of the opinion that a third person view is actually a liability in a shooter. So which is it? And if you're right, and I think you are because it seems to be the trend these days, that we get some kind of senses to let us see thru walls, any complaints about making the same allegedly easier are a little too late, so no need to rail against a third person view.

As for it being simple to get a game to work in both perspectives, if Rockstar, Bethesda and even Hello Games can do it, I'm fairly sure the makers of such a quality title as The Witcher 3 (so I'm told) can manage to figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom