FPP/TPP Perspective Thread OPEN. Be NICE.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve always been succinct and compact. Short and to the point is my middle name.

Yeah for VR to work for immersion at a level better than the couch and screen combo, I feel like you'd almost have to have a "omnidirectional pad" like in Ready Player One ... as well as tangible objects you could pick up and feel (or some sort of gloves & clothes that simulated the sensation to a convincing degree). Otherwise it still feels like your playing the game. And if you still feel like your playing a game, might as well do it the way that costs less money IMO.

Well, there is some things I only got in VR:
-NPC have some presence.
-Things being visually impressive. For example Fallout Supermutant or Power Armors aren't impressive at all on a flat screen. Seeing them being way bigger than you in totally another things.
-Spacial immertion. That's where you see the difference between flat screen FPP and VR FPP.

Last edited:
Just though of another problem which, while is both a problem in TPP and FPP, is a lot worst in FPP: game optimisation an hardware limitation.
Cause under 60fps, FPP really is awful when you rotate the camera, and it's even worst when the game is mostly about shooting things.

Without a third person option I cannot play the game. I played all three Witcher games so this was a real shocker to me.

I really hope they change their mind an add a TPP option (like Skyrim). P;laying FP makes me dizzy so I simply cannot play those type of games. I appreciate a developers right to choose but unfortunately for some that means the game is not playable. I guess the loss in sales will not be significant enough to make them change their minds??

I think in a way it's comparable to Deus Ex, right?

People somehow survived playing that in first person, too. The way I see it, it's better in CP because you can actually customize the character and have more situations to look at it in normal game play.

And maybe someone will make a mod some day, if modding support will be sufficient for this.

Just though of another problem which, while is both a problem in TPP and FPP, is a lot worst in FPP: game optimisation an hardware limitation.
Cause under 60fps, FPP really is awful when you rotate the camera, and it's even worst when the game is mostly about shooting things.
Wait, the game is mostly about shooting things?

Without a third person option I cannot play the game. I played all three Witcher games so this was a real shocker to me.

CDPR have said you can turn off head bob , widen the field of view and are working on reducing motion sickness . So fingers crossed for those people :shrug:

I think in a way it's comparable to Deus Ex, right?

People somehow survived playing that in first person

Worst thing about Deus Ex was switching from FPP to TPP when you was in cover or do quick kills, so idiotic and gameplay braking, also stealth never is done great in FPP.

And maybe someone will make a mod some day, if modding support will be sufficient for this.

I bet even without good mod support some modder will make TPP mod, TW3 didn't have good mod support and look how many mods are out for it :D i think even one modder alone made TW3 mood tools.

I mean, from what we've seen (and heard about) it's a very large portion of the game. Sure there are alternatives to 'missions' but it's a very combat oriented game. CDPR themselves changed the description from RPG to 'action-adventure'
I planned to play the game with almost no shooting at all, and was under the impression that would be a viable and supported playstyle (if a more challenging one, which I don't consider a drawback).

I planned to play the game with almost no shooting at all, and was under the impression that would be a viable and supported playstyle (if a more challenging one, which I don't consider a drawback).
Yeah, I get that. It's certainly mentioned as being possible. I still feel at the very base of the game it's a shooter. Like, a shooter with other options I guess. If the non violent options are mostly 'run and hide for a while' when enemies see you, it doesn't change my thoughts on it being in that genre
Post automatically merged:

That's what skills tells, at least.
From what we've seen, the majority of them are combat oriented

I’m inclined to think you’re going to be missing a lot of content.

As am I for that matter.

Hmm, that's true. Certainly a lot more combat skills than non-combat skills. In fact, are there even any non-combat skills at all?

Anyway, no matter. Off topic again.

Last edited:
I think it's only fair if we got a similar camera system like Destiny 2, where you go FPS mode in shooter gameplay & your camera change into 3rd person if you're using melee weapons for better angle & implementing proper combos.
My problem with melee in first person is more often we find the gameplay to be very shallow to no combos at all, just frantically waving your weapons with no proper feedback on the enemies, unless the game actually really focus on melee combat style gameplay (i.e. KCD & Mordhau).

Again with this camera system, people could still see their V model while also giving a bigger opportunity for a much better melee combat system.

Well, I am pretty confident they have focused on the melee aspects as much as they have on the RPG elements and immersion.
Like there are take-downs based on the environment, as you could also see in the demo, where V sneaks up on that scavenger and slams his head into the water to shoot him in the bath.
This is pretty much 'automated' based on where you do the takedown, so you might slam them into desks or walls or other sorts of cool kills.
Imagine if they add some badass melee executions, gets me excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom