FPP/TPP Perspective Thread OPEN. Be NICE.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
See and that scene was so meh, like all scene in demo they was dead and devoid from life, i didn't see V face expression, her body language how she react on events, all that add so much immersion for me and make game so much alive, all that don't exist in FPP.

I know exactly what you mean, I felt the same way.
But I think (or hope) that it will feel different when we are actually "playing" instead of "watching". I also didn't get the appeal behind the hiding in Thief or the dynamic blink-skill movement in Dishonored when I watched trailers or videos.
But when you play, it feels more tangible, because it's you controlling the action. Even if the "action" sometimes is just pushing no buttons to hold still in a dark corner.

Yeah, the thing with FPP is that it always feel different when playing yourself vs. watching someone else play, because it doesn't give the full effect when you're not in control. TPP does because it never truly (my definition of 'truly') puts you in the character's shoes anyway.

Sure fair, but after so many FPP games i know what i really like, and what i really don't like, so if demo didn't look fun or immersive then game is also going to feel that way.

I think it will be amazing.
I recall playing a game very far in the past called Might and Magic: Dark Messiah which is at this point fairly outdated but it was a rather amazing 1st person RPG if you haven't played it.
I feel like Cyberpunk is that except in a modern futuristic, dark and grittier setting with a much more in-depth RPG elements and higher range of customization which that other game I mentioned before quite lacked.

The reason they went with the first person is because of immersion, and as an example in a 3rd person game if you go inside a house first your character goes inside and then the camera follows you, but if you're in 1st person you instantly enter the room, keeping you engaged at all times.
It also allows a much more clear sense of scale given that the game will also be vertically breath-taking.

Personally, I was super excited to hear you can chat with NPC's and stuff whilst in a car/on a bike which I found was quite lacking in most games, like GTA. Sure you had the story mode where people spoke with you inside the car but, not unscripted sort of deal where you stop near the edge of a street and without coming off of the bike take a quest from some NPC.

It also allows a much more clear sense of scale given that the game will also be vertically breath-taking.

Big city so what??? i mean we know we won't enter every building or go to every floor, so all that Verticality talk is just one more poor excuse for FPP.

And plenty of people talk her how Immersion is not same for all, some get more immersion from TPP, some from FPP.

I'd just like to say I'm impressed this thing has made it 1000 posts and almost 8 months without getting locked. Good job everyone, keep up the discussion without the bad stuff!

I just wanted to say I fucking despise all those TPP f- I’m joking of course.

Dodge rolling would be so horrible best example for that is ESO, side step ok it would not be so horrible, but any more complex combat maneuvers would not look good from FPP like Pirouette.

That’s if the camera follows the roll verbatim at the characters face instead of just crouching and sliding. I have no idea what ESO does, though. I have zero interest in that game.

When looking at the HUD features, I believe that FFP is going to be a better option compared to TPP. The main reason is that we can actually feel that the HUD elements are emitted from the character. Similar to the Nanosuit's HUD in Crysis. But in Cyberpunk the HUD is not moving with the character like Crysis, so this might give the feeling that HUD elements are just some static objects on the monitor, not really parts of V.

But in Cyberpunk the HUD is not moving with the character like Crysis, so this might give the feeling that HUD elements are just some static objects on the monitor, not really parts of V.

Mm. TPP HUD always always looks silly, at least a little. How is there a HUD? Who is watching it? Oh right the you-that-drives-the-guy. You're watching yourself and this data-dump is superimposed over yourself. No.

The 2077 HUD looks and blends much better, a real advantage to choosing First Person.

LOL how is HUD there in any game? how is HUD there in Witcher ????
How FPP HUD make more sense than HUD in TPP?

HUD in game is there just to give you basic info you need for a game, so you don't need to open quest log, inventory and map all the time.

One thing I would fear about FPP is that, in MANY games, there isn't any mirror surface to see your character on.
One of the few games I know did that were Deus Ex, Postal 2 (2000's). And it was possible due to a visual trick (I remember the rooms were cloned "inside" the mirror so the room and entities were doubled then). But I imagine that we don't do tricks like that today, nowadays the mirror reflection can be achieved via graphic cards or whatever (I'm not a dev.). I mean it sounds like an easy thing to do today...

So, please if there was reflections on surfaces on some places on the streets, inside buildings, not just in our apartment... that would be awesome :ok:

So, please if there was reflections on surfaces on some places on the streets, inside buildings, not just in our apartment... that would be awesome

There are mirror surfaces in the game. There was even a man sized one next to some kind of stall in the gameplay sneak peak.

Mm. TPP HUD always always looks silly, at least a little. How is there a HUD? Who is watching it? Oh right the you-that-drives-the-guy. You're watching yourself and this data-dump is superimposed over yourself. No.

The 2077 HUD looks and blends much better, a real advantage to choosing First Person.
Eh. I don't think about that when I play a third person game. I think it's a completely subjective argument.

In virtually any game other than Cyberpunk 2077, a first person hud makes no sense, because there's no in-game justification for it, so I could make the same argument. Where's all that information coming from? The character's magic digital UI eyes? Hmm...

Personally, I used to hate FPP games. Abit because of the tunnel vision, but even more so because back those days I felt like devs were abit afraid of trying to put dynamic movement and melee in their games.
Also I absolutely love everything having to do martial arts and seeing my character do them, knowing that I am somehow responsible for putting together an awesome string of moves. Also I am obsessed with customization and looking at how dope i made my character look. (It might be a problem 😆)
So, obviously, I've been more of a TPP guy over the years.
But these days, FPP games have stepped it up to the point where I love them now.
With games such as
1) Mirror's Edge 1&2: helping to open the doors to new ways to new dynamic ways move and fight in FPP games. Sure it could use a little more work but (as mentioned above) we're talking about a pretty old game by development standards. So devs these days can do so much if they're willing to learn from it's pros and cons.
2)Dishonored 1&2: Extremely fun combat with satisfyingly brutal finishes and the second one was upgraded in a way where you even had some pretty dope non-lethal finishes in open combat. Personally, I would have liked some more melee focused upgrades like an upgrade where you could add another melee attack that focused on punching, kicking, and throwing on the button where you would usually put magical powers and tools and being able to hotkey that style right alongside powers and tools. I probably would have tried a melee only playthrough if it was done right. Also you can get an upgrade which allows you to block bullets like a badass, which I've been hearing you can do something similar with a sword in Cyberpunk.
3) Far Cry: Now, for me, they need to work on dynamic melee techniques during open combat, but the stealthy takedowns made you feel like damn ninja! And the vehicle hijack takedowns they had in 4 where nothing less of amazing and they should've put them in 5. I mean, imagine being able to hijack cars like that in Cyberpunk!! That would be dope as shit!!!
4) Dying Light: This game is hugely underrated. Probably because the story and characters needed some help but it looks like they're taking strides to fix some those issues. Also I would've liked better button mapping options, but that gamplay though... So. Damn. Epic. I mean they had so many weapons to use and mod, dope finishing moves (which was about time in a zombie game if you ask me), you could defend yourself with throws (whenever I used guns or even a bow I would strait up go John Wick on these hoes) many different types of enemies, and freerunning that could rival mirror's edge. I mean you could climb entire buildings if you wanted to. I'd also be remiss if I didn't mention the way you get exp in that game because it was semi-similar to Skyrim's, where you'd gain exp in something for doing that thing. Example: agility points for freerunning. Also you could play every single mission, including the entire campaign, with 3 other players in coop. Which is something I'd like more games to adopt. 😉 😉 Also they had this really useful spin attack with heavy weapons and abit of slo-mo that actually wasn't disorienting. Making me feel as though, if done correctly, spinning attacks (like spin kicks, sweeps, and weapon strikes) isn't as far fetched as people, including myself, had previously thought.
Cyberpunk already has the Karisnikov ability, so abit of slo-mo at an opportune time can help us really see, feel and appreciate some dope-ass melee attack that has never been done before in an FPP game. And as we all know, Witchers love a them some spin attacks lol.
Also we should remember that last year's E3 demo was supposed to just be a taste of what they got going on and you could already do a death from above, a pretty fluid combo which led to a decapitation, and climb walls like wolverine! Also, she had enough freedom of movement to recon the area and quick hack someone. And with one of her hands free I wouldn't be surprised if she could shoot from that position.
So, when it comes to the melee, I'm gonna wait and see what they decide to do an open mind. Secretly hoping they read this and decide to put all the dope points i mentioned in the game. 😉

Now having said that, the only thing that has me disappointed about this news is that it will dramatically cut down on the amount of times I'll get to see my beautifully customized character!I don't know about y'all but I love to look at myself😜 And I might not get to ever actually see my character in action or interacting with people, which I have to say does make me abit sad.
Still very hopeful for this game and I cant wait to get me grubby lil mitts on it!!!

I think them saying no TPP because of “Immersion” is an excuse. I don’t see why having an option to use TPP is affecting anyone. I’ve tweeted them saying I think not have an option for TPP is a mistake. Why have a custom character if we can only see them once in a while, I think it’s stupid. Some people also get sick with FPP so why not have TPP there for them to use if they need it. I personally don’t care either way but I’ve seen in other places if they don’t add an option for TPP it’s a no from them. Just my two cents

Well, I am pretty confident they have focused on the melee aspects as much as they have on the RPG elements and immersion.
Like there are take-downs based on the environment, as you could also see in the demo, where V sneaks up on that scavenger and slams his head into the water to shoot him in the bath.
This is pretty much 'automated' based on where you do the takedown, so you might slam them into desks or walls or other sorts of cool kills.
Imagine if they add some badass melee executions, gets me excited!
You're definitely speaking my language, brotha! I'm much more of a TPP guy, but I also enjoy FPP immensely, as long as they make it fun, which it already looks like it's going to be. For me, what's really important for melee is how much focus and detail they put into making it a viable, fun, and dynamic option. And if they add a TPP, I'll enjoy that as well.

Guest 3573786

I think them saying no TPP because of “Immersion” is an excuse. I don’t see why having an option to use TPP is affecting anyone. I’ve tweeted them saying I think not have an option for TPP is a mistake. Why have a custom character if we can only see them once in a while, I think it’s stupid. Some people also get sick with FPP so why not have TPP there for them to use if they need it. I personally don’t care either way but I’ve seen in other places if they don’t add an option for TPP it’s a no from them. Just my two cents
Yeah, customization doesnt make much sense with fpp. Hopefully some modder will bless us with a tpp. For me that would be full immersion.

That's pretty much every reasonable person's argument in this forum back in June 2018 when we first heard about the FPP only.

I think now it's a little too late for CDPR to add a TPP toggle option but... it's always worth trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom